rendrend

Dec 5, 2018
am i missing something or there are barely any animations, and all are a 2 second loop and a sped up version of the same loop without even sound? like is this just the original games with a mtl and those?

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
am i missing something or there are barely any animations, and all are a 2 second loop and a sped up version of the same loop without even sound? like is this just the original games with a mtl and those?
Unfortunately you don't lose anything, not all scenes have animations and not all parts of the scene are animated, this version is a supposedly "improved" version that adds movement to some scenes to increase realism, as an idea it is fine, but the result It has been a game with poor animations that often make the scenes worse because to make said animation they have had to delete cgs from variations to make an animated scene with fewer cgs. To that you have to add mtl translation. There is no improvement in the resolution of the scenes, basically it is the same game sold again with a few animations or rather adding some movement to the cgs.

Now if we talk about the game without animations, it has very good art and very good voice actresses. If this had an English translation that wasn't trash, it would be a very good release for our community but unfortunately that has not been the case

rendrend

Dec 5, 2018
Unfortunately you don't lose anything, not all scenes have animations and not all parts of the scene are animated, this version is a supposedly "improved" version that adds movement to some scenes to increase realism, as an idea it is fine, but the result It has been a game with poor animations that often make the scenes worse because to make said animation they have had to delete cgs from variations to make an animated scene with fewer cgs. To that you have to add mtl translation. There is no improvement in the resolution of the scenes, basically it is the same game sold again with a few animations or rather adding some movement to the cgs.

Now if we talk about the game without animations, it has very good art and very good voice actresses. If this had an English translation that wasn't trash, it would be a very good release for our community but unfortunately that has not been the case
Yeah i did try both the originals years ago and it is very good so even without translation is fine. When i saw both getting a "motion edition" priced (together and right now) 70$ i kinda expected something fully animated so this is quite the let down.

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
The quality of the MTL made the game unplayable for me so I decided to re-translate it. I used Sugoi so it's probably about the same quality as SVN's translations. Is it better than the official translation? Maybe. You can judge for yourself.

To apply the patch unpack patch.7z and then move data.xp3 and scenario.xp3 for each game into the corresponding game directory, overwriting the existing xp3 files with the same name (recommend making backups).

If you change the game language to Chinese(traditional) you'll get the official English translation, so you can easily switch between the two and compare. Or when one doesn't make sense, the other one might.
Use the "gear" icon in the bottom-right corner while playing to access the Config menu to change language. Warning: changing to Chinese makes the whole UI Chinese, so make sure you remember which button changes it back to English.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lakota

Oct 21, 2021
how to save ugh ... and the mouse is way off you click one inch higher to click a button

Real Trampas

Jan 21, 2024
The quality of the MTL made the game unplayable for me so I decided to re-translate it. I used Sugoi so it's probably about the same quality as SVN's translations. Is it better than the official translation? Maybe. You can judge for yourself.

To apply the patch unpack patch.7z and then move data.xp3 and scenario.xp3 for each game into the corresponding game directory, overwriting the existing xp3 files with the same name (recommend making backups).

If you change the game language to Chinese(traditional) you'll get the official English translation, so you can easily switch between the two and compare. Or when one doesn't make sense, the other one might.
Use the "gear" icon in the bottom-right corner while playing to access the Config menu to change language. Warning: changing to Chinese makes the whole UI Chinese, so make sure you remember which button changes it back to English.

It's probably a long shot, but if anyone wants to edit the translation to make it better, download and unpack translation_text.7z, edit either or both txt files with a text editor and post the changed files in a reply to this post. I can use that to make a new patch.
HERO