Wolf RPG [Translation request] [Kurotozakka] Battle Princess Lacia and the Lost Fortress

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So how open is this game. I mean is it just like scripted H scenes as you go through the story or does the player have options like a virgin run or at the very least getting to decide when and how you turn her into a slut?

Oct 8, 2019
So how open is this game. I mean is it just like scripted H scenes as you go through the story or does the player have options like a virgin run or at the very least getting to decide when and how you turn her into a slut?
There's "optional" battle fuck stuff with grapple moves but you need to be bad or intentionally lose to see them. Aside from that, you unlock the potential for H-scenes as you progress the game. There is some mandatory story h-content but it's at most groping from what I've seen so far. So for all intents and purposes, you can do a virgin run if you try to AFAIK. The dev's previous game had an achievement for doing a virgin run and while I haven't checked I'd bet it's the same in this one.

So yes, you can choose but it's not entirely open world. You need to progress the main story first.

Reactions: Silentce

Rrezz

Nov 4, 2019
Rrezz
I hope it won't be a problem for translation that there are hotfixes being released for the game almost every day?
I did notice that. When I started it was one 1.05, then 1.06 dropped, and now they're on 1.07.
What I'll probably end up doing, is holding off until the updates stop, since there's no easy way to just transfer over what I've already done. What I will do instead is just figure out where the important bits I need to translate are. Still trying to find where the H-Stats are, that one I really want to translate.

tejen

Sep 2, 2018
ok so i have managed to manually do a MTL translation without using MTool using Sugoi
It can load using MTool if you select "load translation file" or something like. I use free MTool btw
Let me stress its a bit rough, some things didnt translate,it looks worse than it is in the beginning
a few minutes in and the dialogue is all fine (so far), make font size smaller in MTool.
Special thanks to the guy who made a script to do this in the sugoi translator discord.
Hope it works for everyone else

i can see in some lines in the file it didnt do well with some (not all) lines containing new line \n
so it translates up to \n and not after
you might see "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and "uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" here and there when it should be a more normal sentence
might need to go through the file and manually do some fixes at some point.
btw i have not checked the quality of the translation at all beyond a few minutes of dialog

Last edited:

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
I did notice that. When I started it was one 1.05, then 1.06 dropped, and now they're on 1.07.
What I'll probably end up doing, is holding off until the updates stop, since there's no easy way to just transfer over what I've already done. What I will do instead is just figure out where the important bits I need to translate are. Still trying to find where the H-Stats are, that one I really want to translate.
take your time on it.

Ivriktwo

Oct 14, 2021
ok so i have managed to manually do a MTL translation without using MTool using Sugoi
It can load using MTool if you select "load translation file" or something like. I use free MTool btw
Let me stress its a bit rough, some things didnt translate,it looks worse than it is in the beginning
a few minutes in and the dialogue is all fine (so far), make font size smaller in MTool.
Special thanks to the guy who made a script to do this in the sugoi translator discord.
Hope it works for everyone else

i can see in some lines in the file it didnt do well with some (not all) lines containing new line \n
you might see "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and "uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" here and there when it should be a more normal sentence
might need to go through the file and manually do some fixes at some point.
btw i have not checked the quality of the translation at all beyond a few minutes of dialog
So this can be used only if you have Mtool right?

Reactions: boubanana

Sabrox

Mar 4, 2021
you might see "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and "uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
To improve the final translation, while retaining the right details, the Japanese text should be pre-cleaned.
There are many techniques for cleaning up Japanese text before translating it. But in your case, there are probably several consecutive Japanese characters at the end of some words, such as ~, ぅ, っ, ぁ, ぇ, which mean a longer length when the word is spoken, but which ruin the whole translation, sometimes not translating other parts of the sentence at all.

Also, relatively primitive translators like google, bing, etc (that don't use advanced neural intelligence) really dislike frequently repeated punctuation such as multiple dots, etc.

tejen

Sep 2, 2018
this is for donator ? or for everyone ?
everyone, you dont need the paid version

To improve the final translation, while retaining the right details, the Japanese text should be pre-cleaned.
There are many techniques for cleaning up Japanese text before translating it. But in your case, there are probably several consecutive Japanese characters at the end of some words, such as ~, ぅ, っ, ぁ, ぇ, which mean a longer length when the word is spoken, but which ruin the whole translation, sometimes not translating other parts of the sentence at all.

Also, relatively primitive translators like google, bing, etc (that don't use advanced neural intelligence) really dislike frequently repeated punctuation such as multiple dots, etc.
its not necessarily those, the script used didnt sperate all the \n's (but did for most it looks like) so when translator encountered ぁ~\n [rest of the sentence]
it translates ぁ~ as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and ignores the rest of the sentence
in other cases of ぁ~ being used it works fine, to something like "aaa"

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
1+

Nevermind, once you get the blue dress, go to town and stand in front of the palace area to the far east. ScreenShot_2023_1002_23_33_16.png

Last edited:

Rrezz

Nov 4, 2019
Question please: How far are we in terms of Translation so far? ; P
Waiting for the updates to stop so I only have to do this ONCE. 1.08 was released 3 days.

One complication in Wolf RPG Maker is unlike normal RPG Maker, callbacks don't use Database numbers. They use the actual name of whatever it is.
So when I translate a Menu, I need to find all it's callbacks, and translate those two, so they can Link together.
When I translate the Difficulty menu, I need to go to all the Maps where combat can happen, and translate it there too.
So, I'm waiting until game is fully updated, then I'll translate it, so I only have to do it once.
I've posted Example image, I had to translate the name of the EVENT for the menu, so that when it calls back to the menu, the Sub-menu's work.
And I'm still trying to find the H-Stats, lmao

tungvip95

Jan 21, 2020
Waiting for the updates to stop so I only have to do this ONCE. 1.08 was released 3 days.

One complication in Wolf RPG Maker is unlike normal RPG Maker, callbacks don't use Database numbers. They use the actual name of whatever it is.
So when I translate a Menu, I need to find all it's callbacks, and translate those two, so they can Link together.
When I translate the Difficulty menu, I need to go to all the Maps where combat can happen, and translate it there too.
So, I'm waiting until game is fully updated, then I'll translate it, so I only have to do it once.
I've posted Example image, I had to translate the name of the EVENT for the menu, so that when it calls back to the menu, the Sub-menu's work.
And I'm still trying to find the H-Stats, lmao
How did you open the game in Wolf Editor? I got the premium version but i dont know the protection key T_T

1696512257060.png