Ren'Py Not Another Adventurer! [v0.0.1.1] [Not Another Adventurer!]

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
What AI do you use to create layered are like this? Or are you generating the character, and then doing the layers yourself? I searched around for AIs that could do this, but could not find any that both 1: Accept NSFW images, and 2: Are good with illustrations / etc... (eg: RunwayML can do really good modifications, but it produces complete trash if you try and send it an illustration, it's only good with real photos)
I do the layers by myself and I draw a lot by hand and regen. The amount of work done by hand is still quite high, that's why you don't see a lot of AI in layered images, it's time consuming.

As well, the character faces are unique because I have taken the time to train my own loras and models. I think I started the AI journey about 2 years ago with SD and just have worked at improving the art.

There is no "magic" AI that does this by itself.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
I do the layers by myself and I draw a lot by hand and regen. The amount of work done by hand is still quite high, that's why you don't see a lot of AI in layered images, it's time consuming.

As well, the character faces are unique because I have taken the time to train my own loras and models. I think I started the AI journey about 2 years ago with SD and just have worked at improving the art.

AI CG has a bad touch right now.. But it'll get better.. hang in there! I'm sure

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
What AI do you use to create layered are like this? Or are you generating the character, and then doing the layers yourself? I searched around for AIs that could do this, but could not find any that both 1: Accept NSFW images, and 2: Are good with illustrations / etc... (eg: RunwayML can do really good modifications, but it produces complete trash if you try and send it an illustration, it's only good with real photos)
I generate the layers and make the character. I draw and render as I draw. It's both hand art and AI.

absent0

Aug 31, 2019
I generate the layers and make the character. I draw and render as I draw. It's both hand art and AI.
Hello! I come to comment some things.
first of all, I haven't tried the game yet, because normally when I see that something is in version 0.0.1 or something like that I usually wait a little bit xD but maybe these days I'll make an exception and try it, I'll let you know... xD
second thing, don't pay attention to the AI haters, their hate is because they are luddites or because they follow the current of the people that tell them "hey people, I don't like the AI so you say the same" or something like that... I get tired of dealing with those idiots... you should ignore them... their hate doesn't have much foundation...
the third thing, I came to encourage you, because I like to see developers who use AI as a tool, and I liked to read that you make your base drawings and then use AI to do the rest, even that you rely on your own loras, I must say that if that is putting a lot of desire and effort on your part :D
by the way, i wanted to ask you, what SD tool do you use? i ask it because i wanted to recommend you some things. i use as a tool webui invokeAI, which is quite simple in interface but quite powerful, like the canvas (what would be inpainting for A1111 users or others) which is very powerful, you also have the option to render an image with layers and selection masks (very useful to use it with controlnet for example), etc... take a look at it, it will be useful for sure.
another thing i wanted to recommend you, do you use SD 1.5 or SDXL? i say this, because if you use SDXL i wanted to recommend you a checkpoint that for cartoons or anime is very powerful, they are called "pony" or "autismmix SDXL" (this last one you don't have to depend so much on the negative prompt as in pony, that's why i like it more), i recommend you to look for them in civitai, they are worth it.
I hope you continue your work, and lots of encouragement.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Hello! I come to comment some things.
first of all, I haven't tried the game yet, because normally when I see that something is in version 0.0.1 or something like that I usually wait a little bit xD but maybe these days I'll make an exception and try it, I'll let you know... xD
second thing, don't pay attention to the AI haters, their hate is because they are luddites or because they follow the current of the people that tell them "hey people, I don't like the AI so you say the same" or something like that... I get tired of dealing with those idiots... you should ignore them... their hate doesn't have much foundation...
the third thing, I came to encourage you, because I like to see developers who use AI as a tool, and I liked to read that you make your base drawings and then use AI to do the rest, even that you rely on your own loras, I must say that if that is putting a lot of desire and effort on your part :D
by the way, i wanted to ask you, what SD tool do you use? i ask it because i wanted to recommend you some things. i use as a tool webui invokeAI, which is quite simple in interface but quite powerful, like the canvas (what would be inpainting for A1111 users or others) which is very powerful, you also have the option to render an image with layers and selection masks (very useful to use it with controlnet for example), etc... take a look at it, it will be useful for sure.
another thing i wanted to recommend you, do you use SD 1.5 or SDXL? i say this, because if you use SDXL i wanted to recommend you a checkpoint that for cartoons or anime is very powerful, they are called "pony" or "autismmix SDXL" (this last one you don't have to depend so much on the negative prompt as in pony, that's why i like it more), i recommend you to look for them in civitai, they are worth it.
I hope you continue your work, and lots of encouragement.
I am fully willing to engage in diverse opinions. People are welcome to hate/like the game and support it as they want. Given the current state of the game, I have very low pledge levels. Development being iterative and refining your work is all part of the process, factually it's a learning experience each time, no 2 games are the same, development teams vary as well. What I would like to do is foster more indie development and remove the top layer of corporate greed that ruins the gaming industry.

If AI empowers more indie devs, I assure everyone, games and choices get better for all of us. Lets just hope we dont get a ton of shovelware from wholesale bad AI usage.