Tool Denoiser and WebP-Converter

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Hi there,

i've written a small tool with which you can denoise your images and / or convert the PNGs into the much smaller WebP format.

1715681789076.png 1715682241216.png

It is only a Windows Gui Wrapper around the NvidiaAI denoiser command line app by Declan Russell and uses the WebP-DLL from Daniel Wykerd with some useful settings.
The tool does not touch the registry, do not need any installation or de-installation, so it leaves your Windows untouched.
All settings will be written into an own INI-File. Old-fashioned, ok, but safe and simple.

For the first use please click on the question mark to read the small (!) description and help.

What do you need:
  1. Of course my EXE-File ->
  2. The Denoiser-Commandline Tool ->
  3. The WebP-DLL ->
Just extract the Denoiser "somehwere" on your HD and place the EXE and the DLL in a folder of your choice, but not in a folder which is under "surveillance" by Windows, like Program Files...
At the first start you have to set where the Denoiser.EXE is.
Anything else should be self-explanatory.

And yes, Virustotal reports from 2 out of 73 Antivirus suppliers that there is a Trojan in my EXE.
Be asured, this is a false positive! I already contacted these suppliers a couple of weeks ago, but got no response so far.
I assume the messages are coming from the fact that my tool is writing to the HD. Ahm...well....this is what a converter should do, or not?

Anyhow: this is a pure private little project, tested and used many many times on my own, but i do not give any warranty or guaranty, so use it on your own risk!

Hints, Feature Requests, error message are highly appreciated.

Cheers

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Hi there,

i've written a small tool with which you can denoise your images and / or convert the PNGs into the much smaller WebP format.

View attachment 3632914 View attachment 3632931

It is only a Windows Gui Wrapper around the NvidiaAI denoiser command line app by Declan Russell and uses the WebP-DLL from Daniel Wykerd with some useful settings.
The tool does not touch the registry, do not need any installation or de-installation, so it leaves your Windows untouched.
All settings will be written into an own INI-File. Old-fashioned, ok, but safe and simple.

For the first use please click on the question mark to read the small (!) description and help.

What do you need:
  1. Of course my EXE-File ->
  2. The Denoiser-Commandline Tool ->
  3. The WebP-DLL ->
Just extract the Denoiser "somehwere" on your HD and place the EXE and the DLL in a folder of your choice, but not in a folder which is under "surveillance" by Windows, like Program Files...
At the first start you have to set where the Denoiser.EXE is.
Anything else should be self-explanatory.

And yes, Virustotal reports from 2 out of 73 Antivirus suppliers that there is a Trojan in my EXE.
Be asured, this is a false positive! I already contacted these suppliers a couple of weeks ago, but got no response so far.
I assume the messages are coming from the fact that my tool is writing to the HD. Ahm...well....this is what a converter should do, or not?

Anyhow: this is a pure private little project, tested and used many many times on my own, but i do not give any warranty or guaranty, so use it on your own risk!

Hints, Feature Requests, error message are highly appreciated.

Cheers
Imo you should share the source code publicly

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Imo you should share the source code publicly
The app is still "work in progress" ... not yet.

Maybe in the future, when all of my remaining ideas are coded and - to my shame - when the whole code has been cleaned up.

As i said, it's a small private tool i made more or less over night, has no comments in the code, sometimes it's dirty coded...but it works.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I don't want to sound negative, but for the life of me, I could never see the need to do the denoising followed immediately by conversion to Webp. Unless you are the best renderer in history, you almost always have to do some post work on your renders before compressing them in any way. The Drag'n'Drop denoiser already has about the simplest GUI you could ever want and so all you are really doing here is running the webp conversion script. I would never edit the webp's - that's just wrong. Always work with the raw files and only compress the images after all post work has been done.

I dunno.. I just don't see a situation where I would ever convert to webp without first running at least a simple raw camera filter on my renders.

My workflow is usually this... (1) pose and tweak scene - (2) render for a minute and see if any issues are apparent - (3) fix those issues - (4) render fully or save to queue for night render - (5) in morning, drop all my raw renders into the denoiser and quarantine the raw renders (they never ever get touched!) - (6) post process the denoised renders in Photoshop into the final PNG's (which I do in 4K and which also get quarantined and archived) - (7) run a batch action in Photoshop to resize the final renders to 1080p and convert to webp's at the same time - (8) these renders then get dropped in my Project build.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
I don't want to sound negative, but for the life of me, I could never see the need to do the denoising followed immediately by conversion to Webp. Unless you are the best renderer in history, you almost always have to do some post work on your renders before compressing them in any way. The Drag'n'Drop denoiser already has about the simplest GUI you could ever want and so all you are really doing here is running the webp conversion script. I would never edit the webp's - that's just wrong. Always work with the raw files and only compress the images after all post work has been done.

I dunno.. I just don't see a situation where I would ever convert to webp without first running at least a simple raw camera filter on my renders.

My workflow is usually this... (1) pose and tweak scene - (2) render for a minute and see if any issues are apparent - (3) fix those issues - (4) render fully or save to queue for night render - (5) in morning, drop all my raw renders into the denoiser and quarantine the raw renders (they never ever get touched!) - (6) post process the denoised renders in Photoshop into the final PNG's (which I do in 4K and which also get quarantined and archived) - (7) run a batch action in Photoshop to resize the final renders to 1080p and convert to webp's at the same time - (8) these renders then get dropped in my Project build.
I really appreciate your opinion, so no problem for me at all what you are saying.

But I think it depends on what the final goal of your renders is and what software you have in addition to Daz and how your skills are there. Speaking for me, i don't have Photoshop ....

E.g. building a RenPy-Story / Game with many many pictures must not have necessarily ultra-high-class images like sometimes shown in the "Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill" thread.
That has something to do with your own demands.

And honestly, why did i code this app, as there are some more or less simliar out there?
Three reasons:
1) Often the available tools are too overloaded, having an ugly Gui and I don't know what it does additionally. Do they connect to China? Do they touch the registry? Ouch. But i know, what my app does. None of the above.
2) Programming small tools keep my brain and my (in the meantime approx 35 year) coding knowledge fit, and hey, i'll retire in 5 years....so i have to watch on myself.
3) Because i can :cool:

If someone finds it useful, fine, i'm happy.
If someone else does not and is working like you? Also fine to me.

Reactions: Turning Tricks

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I really appreciate your opinion, so no problem for me at all what you are saying.

But I think it depends on what the final goal of your renders is and what software you have in addition to Daz and how your skills are there. Speaking for me, i don't have Photoshop ....

E.g. building a RenPy-Story / Game with many many pictures must not have necessarily ultra-high-class images like sometimes shown in the "Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill" thread.
That has something to do with your own demands.

And honestly, why did i code this app, as there are some more or less simliar out there?
Three reasons:
1) Often the available tools are too overloaded, having an ugly Gui and I don't know what it does additionally. Do they connect to China? Do they touch the registry? Ouch. But i know, what my app does. None of the above.
2) Programming small tools keep my brain and my (in the meantime approx 35 year) coding knowledge fit, and hey, i'll retire in 5 years....so i have to watch on myself.
3) Because i can :cool:

If someone finds it useful, fine, i'm happy.
If someone else does not and is working like you? Also fine to me.
I did think of one situation where this app would be handy.

That's if you batch render an animation sequence. Run the hundred frames off, with a low iteration count for speed. Then you can use your app to denoise and then convert them to webp. And then you can just do a command line in FFMPEG and make a webm animation.

That would actually be a nice fast timeline.

Reactions: wildcat99sh

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
I did think of one situation where this app would be handy.

That's if you batch render an animation sequence. Run the hundred frames off, with a low iteration count for speed. Then you can use your app to denoise and then convert them to webp. And then you can just do a command line in FFMPEG and make a webm animation.

That would actually be a nice fast timeline.
At least i got you, too :cool: