3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
...erm, since I am getting mixed signals from your conversation with Darkarhon, allow me to ask for clarification:
the sort of "definitive" version is the "uncen" patch_v3 applied upon the steam game (ergo the download from the OP, which is the SakuraGame version from Steam, which has been disappeared from there by now), and not using the fontfix from it, THEN applying the 1.0.0.3. github mod on all THAT.
And this will fix the wordwrap issue too, so no need for the extra .js file. Right?
That is correct.

1. Install the game
  2. Extract the uncens patch elyse_the_devil_r18_patch_v3.rar somewhere, then copy & paste only what's necessary (i.e., www/img for uncensored pictures, www/scenario for Japanese dialogues, no other file should be copied)
  3. Extract the translation mod Maou-Iris-no-Gyakushuu-EN_1003.zip somewhere, then copy & paste everything (it contains a bunch of new and edited dialogues, maps, images, scripts, etc.) (NOTE: You don't need to download the .js and .json files on the release page, that's only for updating from a previous version of the mod)

The translation mod contains a lot of custom code, some of which include automatic text wrapping, so you don't need any third-party scripts. However, it was hard-coded for use with the default RPGMV font which is monospaced, thus using the font provided in the uncens patch will cause text misalignment and clipping.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
That is correct.

1. Install the game
  2. Extract the uncens patch elyse_the_devil_r18_patch_v3.rar somewhere, then copy & paste only what's necessary (i.e., www/img for uncensored pictures, www/scenario for Japanese dialogues, no other file should be copied)
  3. Extract the translation mod Maou-Iris-no-Gyakushuu-EN_1003.zip somewhere, then copy & paste everything (it contains a bunch of new and edited dialogues, maps, images, scripts, etc.) (NOTE: You don't need to download the .js and .json files on the release page, that's only for updating from a previous version of the mod)

The translation mod contains a lot of custom code, some of which include automatic text wrapping, so you don't need any third-party scripts. However, it was hard-coded for use with the default RPGMV font which is monospaced, thus using the font provided in the uncens patch will cause text misalignment and clipping.
Thanks, crystal clear now.

One slight note: that 'ASH_WindowSexStatus.js' attached to and downloadable at the 1.003 release's github page is NOT the same as the one in the _1003.zip. Has exactly one extra function over a bunch of lines at the beginning of the code (but otherwise the same) - 'CommonEvents.json', 'Map113.json' and 'ASH_GameInterpreterSex.js' are exactly the same, though, as their counterpart in the .zip, so probs only there for "hotfix-upping" indeed.

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks, crystal clear now.

One slight note: that 'ASH_WindowSexStatus.js' attached to and downloadable at the 1.003 release's github page is NOT the same as the one in the _1003.zip. Has exactly one extra function over a bunch of lines at the beginning of the code (but otherwise the same) - 'CommonEvents.json', 'Map113.json' and 'ASH_GameInterpreterSex.js' are exactly the same, though, as their counterpart in the .zip, so probs only there for "hotfix-upping" indeed.
It's just code for testing game events, it doesn't have any practical use for players so please don't worry about it.

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
how many endings this game have?
I played it back when it still have poetry translation and got virgin end (and one where Elise snusnu hero after battle on kick ass route). Just found fixed stuff so want to play this game again.

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
I did everything you said, but still got this error after starting it.
Please double-check that the files were extracted (or pasted) to their correct location (e.g., accept when it prompts you to overwrite some files) by browsing your game folders. Also you may try to re-download the latest build (e.g., ) from the , in case you downloaded the zipped source code.

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
how many endings this game have?
I played it back when it still have poetry translation and got virgin end (and one where Elise snusnu hero after battle on kick ass route). Just found fixed stuff so want to play this game again.
if I remember correctly, there should be at least two other endings for the princess, and another for the dark elf.

Reactions: asriu

p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
That is correct.

1. Install the game

Thanks for the guide to properly play the game. The original "translation" of Sakura games is pretty garbage, bordering on MTL with word wrapping issues. The fan translation mod with all its changes is pretty good and enhances the game experience.

Another thing to note is that the uncensored patch is not an uncensored patch. From what I've gathered in the information in this forum thread, it's more of a way to restore h scenes (censored ones at that) from the steam version where there are no H scene at all (haven't played/tested it). From testing the files here, it seems that the download links gives the Sakura games version but with H scenes intact (thus maybe the "uncensored"/h-restoration patch is already pre-applied?). My point being is that the "uncensor"/H-scenes restoration patch is near useless at this point since the original H game on steam had been removed, and the download links in this site give a version that has h scenes already. It's quite misleading to call it an uncensor patch also (maybe you did not know) since it does not uncensor the game nor give new H scenes (not tested yet). I originally thought I made I mistake in applying the "uncensor" patch since it changed nothing, but alas it was just an outdated bypass to steam censorship. There is no patch that I know of that will remove the blur in the dcks or the pssy(what the general public considers as a true uncensor patch).

To sum things up as per your instructions:
  1. Install the game
  2. Extract the translation mod Maou-Iris-no-Gyakushuu-EN_1003.zip somewhere, then copy & paste everything (it contains a bunch of new and edited dialogues, maps, images, scripts, etc.) (NOTE: You don't need to download the .js and .json files on the release page, that's only for updating from a previous version of the mod)
  3. Enjoy the full English Fan translation + mods/QOL for the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicarious

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks for the guide to properly play the game. The original "translation" of Sakura games is pretty garbage, bordering on MTL with word wrapping issues. The fan translation mod with all its changes is pretty good and enhances the game experience.

Another thing to note is that the uncensored patch is not an uncensored patch. From what I've gathered in the information in this forum thread, it's more of a way to restore h scenes (censored ones at that) from the steam version where there are no H scene at all (haven't played/tested it). From testing the files here, it seems that the download links gives the Sakura games version but with H scenes intact (thus maybe the "uncensored"/h-restoration patch is already pre-applied?). My point being is that the "uncensor"/H-scenes restoration patch is near useless at this point since the original H game on steam had been removed, and the download links in this site give a version that has h scenes already. It's quite misleading to call it an uncensor patch also (maybe you did not know) since it does not uncensor the game nor give new H scenes (not tested yet). I originally thought I made I mistake in applying the "uncensor" patch since it changed nothing, but alas it was just an outdated bypass to steam censorship. There is no patch that I know of that will remove the blur in the dcks or the pssy(what the general public considers as a true uncensor patch).

To sum things up as per your instructions:
  1. Install the game
  2. Extract the translation mod Maou-Iris-no-Gyakushuu-EN_1003.zip somewhere, then copy & paste everything (it contains a bunch of new and edited dialogues, maps, images, scripts, etc.) (NOTE: You don't need to download the .js and .json files on the release page, that's only for updating from a previous version of the mod)
  3. Enjoy the full English Fan translation + mods/QOL for the game
I'm glad that you like it!

And it is exactly as you described... The original game censored depictions of genitalia and penetration with mosaics to comply with Japanese laws. SakuraGame then heavily censored depictions of genitalia, nipples, and penetration with fog overlays to comply with stricter Steam submission guidelines (back in 2017). The r18 patch contains images from the original game so it can be used to replace one kind of heavy censorship with a lighter one. But I agree, calling it an uncensor patch is sorta misleading.

I haven't downloaded the game from this site, but like you suggested, it's most likely just the Steam version with the r18 patch pre-applied... which could be an issue since the r18 patch also includes modified scripts and a variable-width font, which the translation mod wasn't designed to work with those.

Reactions: p23rklo

Non Muss

Apr 1, 2023
I saw something and found a supposed google drive link to the sequel . Does anyone know anything about this?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I saw something and found a supposed google drive link to the sequel . Does anyone know anything about this?
Looking through dlsite, there doesn't seem to be a sequel for this game? At least, I can't find one. Unless it was announced on their ci-en and it's still in development or something... but I doubt it. I don't think this game was ever popular enough for dieselmine to consider a sequel.

As is, I'm not sure if dieselmine had much in the way of direct sequels.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Looking through dlsite, there doesn't seem to be a sequel for this game? At least, I can't find one. Unless it was announced on their ci-en and it's still in development or something... but I doubt it. I don't think this game was ever popular enough for dieselmine to consider a sequel.

As is, I'm not sure if dieselmine had much in the way of direct sequels.
Yes, it's true.
By the way, it's all the more strange, because in my opinion it's a very good game - excellently made both mechanically and in terms of the story itself so you could easily be tempted to make a second part.

The_Jejjster

Dec 8, 2017
To fix the line wrap for gear descriptions do what's in the OP.

Second, here's the "Improved" English translation which also kinda fixes some stuff:

EDIT: I found the issue for the "Improved" english translation, i gave wrong link. Click the new link and download the Maou-Iris-no-Gyakushuu-EN_1003 zip file then extract->copy and paste and overwrite everything.
EDIT2: You can add the uncensor patch before the improved English Translation patch.

Sadly you will have to start a new game after doing this since its not compatible with the current saves.

EDIT3: For those that are confused on how to do this, here's instuctions from Vicarious in the next page https://f95zone.to/threads/the-counterwar-of-queen-ilyss-final-dieselmine.6343/post-10159910
Hey dude, mind updating this link here?

This did just get another update

Reactions: Darkarhon
3.50 star(s) 11 Votes