3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Apr 24, 2023
I have a bit of a problem. After defeating the Hero for the last time, I chose to accept him, leading to the H-Scene. However, after it was over, I got this issue. Even if I got that same CG by losing, I still get it. I can't tell what is causing this, but could use some help, as I want to see all the endings.
Screenshot 2023-09-19 173829.png

LYNX21

Apr 1, 2023
Can anyone Help window status Cause Black screen I don't know how to fix that or maybe joyplay don't support the patch?

Edit: Where can I find uncensored patch Has it been removed from this website?

Last edited:

LYNX21

Apr 1, 2023
If someone doesn't mind could send me a screenshot of the changed status I'd want to see it

Nov 26, 2020
Alright, I know this is a bit of an old game, but I am having a lot of trouble and need some help. Whenever I try to open my status, I get the message "Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite". I think I've been having this problem for a while, but it takes me a long time to play games like these so I can't be sure. All I know is that every save I have has this problem. It doesn't matter if Iris has sexual experience or not (I checked my virgin playthrough), but if I make a completely new game it is fixed. It is also worth noting that the resist button never did anything when I tried it in my playthrough, but works just fine after a new save.
Error in question:
Screenshot 2024-01-03 203418.png
Completely new save (no error):
1704333170063.png
Here is what I did during my playthrough: I am almost certain I completely remade the game after seeing the "word wrapped and better english" be added to this thread. I remember not playing or finishing the game for a long time because the shitty translation bummed me out, and I remember completely redoing the game with the new translation. It was a long time ago, so Im not certain I didn't completely erase my old save, but I am sure I played through the whole game with the new translation (because I remember it being actually readable). I did a complete virgin playthrough and then started a non virgin playthrough. This is where my memory is really fuzzy (I think I started playing through over a year ago), because I don't remember if the error I mentioned was only after I started the non virgin playthrough or not, but it definitely affects all my saves unless they are completely brand new as shown earlier.

Here is what I tried (aka what didn't work): I downloaded the game from scratch and ported all my saves over to a completely new game, didn't fix it. I ported only my save's over, none of the special save files (common, config, global). Only the saves I had already had on the new game appeared (made for testing purposes) but they were overwritten with level data but not story data from what I could tell (I think this is common if you dont port over global). I ported over just my saves and global, saves fixed but status still broken. Ported over every combination of saves, global, common, and config I could think of, none of them worked. I tried to look at an compare the plugins.js of the unedited version (version without the patch), the new game with the patch, and my game, but there were so many differences that I couldn't see a problem I know how to fix with my little rpgmaker game knowledge from that.

And that's all I have and have done. Im asking here because I really hope there is something that can be done that isn't just redoing the entire game from scratch, because I am considerably far into the second playthrough and 10hours of gameplay is a lot to redo. Thanks for any help you can give!

Vicarious

Mar 3, 2018
Alright, I know this is a bit of an old game, but I am having a lot of trouble and need some help. Whenever I try to open my status, I get the message "Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite". I think I've been having this problem for a while, but it takes me a long time to play games like these so I can't be sure. All I know is that every save I have has this problem. It doesn't matter if Iris has sexual experience or not (I checked my virgin playthrough), but if I make a completely new game it is fixed. It is also worth noting that the resist button never did anything when I tried it in my playthrough, but works just fine after a new save.
Error in question:
View attachment 3230734
View attachment 3230731
Here is what I did during my playthrough: I am almost certain I completely remade the game after seeing the "word wrapped and better english" be added to this thread. I remember not playing or finishing the game for a long time because the shitty translation bummed me out, and I remember completely redoing the game with the new translation. It was a long time ago, so Im not certain I didn't completely erase my old save, but I am sure I played through the whole game with the new translation (because I remember it being actually readable). I did a complete virgin playthrough and then started a non virgin playthrough. This is where my memory is really fuzzy (I think I started playing through over a year ago), because I don't remember if the error I mentioned was only after I started the non virgin playthrough or not, but it definitely affects all my saves unless they are completely brand new as shown earlier.

Here is what I tried (aka what didn't work): I downloaded the game from scratch and ported all my saves over to a completely new game, didn't fix it. I ported only my save's over, none of the special save files (common, config, global). Only the saves I had already had on the new game appeared (made for testing purposes) but they were overwritten with level data but not story data from what I could tell (I think this is common if you dont port over global). I ported over just my saves and global, saves fixed but status still broken. Ported over every combination of saves, global, common, and config I could think of, none of them worked. I tried to look at an compare the plugins.js of the unedited version (version without the patch), the new game with the patch, and my game, but there were so many differences that I couldn't see a problem I know how to fix with my little rpgmaker game knowledge from that.

And that's all I have and have done. Im asking here because I really hope there is something that can be done that isn't just redoing the entire game from scratch, because I am considerably far into the second playthrough and 10hours of gameplay is a lot to redo. Thanks for any help you can give!
The mod didn't include a function which resulted in the morale attribute to become corrupted (no pun intended), the latest version of the mod should have fixed this issue (by checking for corrupted values and resetting them to 100 if needed.... but it doesn't seem to work after all), if you could upload your game save, a fix could happen...

I don't have the game installed at the moment, but you can try replacing your www/js/plugins/ASH_Debug.js file with this one (extract the file from the zip attachment), then talk to an NPC and press the L key during conversation, it should reset your morale to 100.

If that doesn't work, go to the game settings then disable the display of the morale gauge which causes the crash to happen in the status screen. However, for the resist feature to work correctly, the morale attribute really needs to be fixed.

Nov 26, 2020
The mod didn't include a function which resulted in the morale attribute to become corrupted (no pun intended), the latest version of the mod should have fixed this issue (by checking for corrupted values and resetting them to 100 if needed.... but it doesn't seem to work after all), if you could upload your game save, a fix could happen...

I don't have the game installed at the moment, but you can try replacing your www/js/plugins/ASH_Debug.js file with this one (extract the file from the zip attachment), then talk to an NPC and press the L key during conversation, it should reset your morale to 100.

If that doesn't work, go to the game settings then disable the display of the morale gauge which causes the crash to happen in the status screen. However, for the resist feature to work correctly, the morale attribute really needs to be fixed.
That does indeed fix it for any save I speak to an NPC and hit L. Thank you so much!

Print1727

Apr 20, 2020
For anyone trying to play this natively on Linux.
ADV_System.prototype.localFileDirectoryPath in /www/js/plugins/ADVsystem.js uses window.location.pathname which is not file system aware?
JavaScript:
ADV_System.prototype.localFileDirectoryPath = function() {
    var path = window.location.pathname.replace(/(\/www|)\/[^\/]*$/, '/scenario/');
    if (path.match(/^\/([A-Z]\:)/)) {
        path = path.slice(1);
    }
    return decodeURIComponent(path);
}
I fixed it by using nw.__dirname instead.
JavaScript:
var path = require('path');

ADV_System.prototype.localFileDirectoryPath = function() {
    var scenarioPath = path.join(nw.__dirname, '/www/scenario/');
    return scenarioPath;
}

Last edited:

Print1727

Apr 20, 2020
Error in question:
View attachment 3230734
View attachment 3230731

The width in Bitmap.prototype.gradientFillRect in rpg_core.js likes to returns NaN for no reason (I use MV v1.6.2 instead of v1.5.0 but it should still look similar):
JavaScript:
Bitmap.prototype.gradientFillRect = function(x, y, width, height, color1,
                                             color2, vertical) {
    var context = this._context;
    var grad;
    if (vertical) {
        grad = context.createLinearGradient(x, y, x, y + height);
    } else {
        grad = context.createLinearGradient(x, y, x + width, y);
    }
    grad.addColorStop(0, color1);
    grad.addColorStop(1, color2);
    context.save();
    context.fillStyle = grad;
    context.fillRect(x, y, width, height);
    context.restore();
    this._setDirty();
};
I fixed it by converting it to 0 if it returns NaN:
JavaScript:
Bitmap.prototype.gradientFillRect = function(x, y, width, height, color1, color2, vertical) {
    width = isNaN(width) ? 0 : width; // <-- Added this line

var context = this._context;
    var grad;
    if (vertical) {
        grad = context.createLinearGradient(x, y, x, y + height);
    } else {
        grad = context.createLinearGradient(x, y, x + width, y);
    }
    grad.addColorStop(0, color1);
    grad.addColorStop(1, color2);
    context.save();
    context.fillStyle = grad;