Coaldy

Jan 21, 2018
For the test "Gdrive version". Got it.
Opened the QSP > Quest> Open game > Eng/Ru > Nothing happens.
Edit: I mean actually nothing, not even freeze nor hang nor crash or error. Nothing. It's like i didn't even try to load up a game and just hit "Cancel" instead of "Open"
Edit2: if i try to open the game with QSP 570 (NOT the one included) i get error: "Location: DefNPC Area: on visit Line: 23 Code: 118 Desc: Syntax error!". The same error as other people mention.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 060947.png Hit "Ok" on the error box. Black screen + some music.

Last edited:

LaraWolfe

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Let's try to do this, I'll now make a version in which there will be no NPCs (I suspect that the problem is with them), I'll upload them to Google Drive, throw them here, and you'll try to run it? So that I can be sure that the problem is not in the arrays, because I have already seen the problem in many identical arrays.
Using the google drive file and the normal qsp player (not the one in the file but one I downloaded separately) gave me this...

Screenshot 2023-09-10 181101.png

Which is a step up from the last time I had tried. The Author and Info buttons work, the error shown is from clicking Game.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Also tested the GD file and had the same result I had with the 9/7 release: when I hit "game" (i.e. after load game choose game at the black background screen) the music continues but the QSP program screen is blank. I can load saves, but can't start the game from the start.

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
For the test "Gdrive version". Got it.
Opened the QSP > Quest> Open game > Eng/Ru > Nothing happens.
Edit: I mean actually nothing, not even freeze nor hang nor crash or error. Nothing. It's like i didn't even try to load up a game and just hit "Cancel" instead of "Open"
Edit2: if i try to open the game with QSP 570 (NOT the one included) i get error: "Location: DefNPC Area: on visit Line: 23 Code: 118 Desc: Syntax error!". The same error as other people mention.

View attachment 2920564 Hit "Ok" on the error box. Black screen + some music.
Using the google drive file and the normal qsp player (not the one in the file but one I downloaded separately) gave me this...

View attachment 2920345

Which is a step up from the last time I had tried. The Author and Info buttons work, the error shown is from clicking Game.
So okay, I have no idea what’s wrong at all, there is no syntax error on the screen with the Text location. Other errors are still the same. Although the screen with an error in the location that does not exist in the GD version bothers me. That is, I removed all mention of this location from the game; in this version, access to it is impossible.

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
Also tested the GD file and had the same result I had with the 9/7 release: when I hit "game" (i.e. after load game choose game at the black background screen) the music continues but the QSP program screen is blank. I can load saves, but can't start the game from the start.
1694439479719.png
Try opening the button row. How I did it in this screenshot. Or try pressing ctrl+2

Aug 4, 2017
Trying to delete the files but apparently windows just says it has "detected x files" and stays like that instead of removing the folder, anyone else having this issue?
Edit: Managed to get rid of it, but either some of the files in the "Sex" folder are either weirdly compressed or something else is the issue because ive never seen this happen before.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MetaPunk88

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
Who got errors in this game just use Qsp 1.9, not basic 570.
Usually authors indicate this in the header.
If you use 1.9, then not all content in this game will work. I don’t know how to deal with this, but in 1.9 some videos and images simply don’t work.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheClubOfLovers-0.1.1A
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
We're doing a funding run! !​

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Here's the problem I am consistently encountering:

I start the QSP included in the game and it looks like this:

start qsp.png

I then use "start game" and select Col. It looks like this:
start game.png

So far, so good. However, when I then click on "game," things start to fall apart. Note that the game itself does not load, and the QSP has elements disappearing off the top. None of the buttons on the top left work:

after start game.png

I can hit F11 and get back the functionality of the top left buttons, but that does not start the game.

I can open a saved game, but even that is broken:
after open savegame.png

Note that all of the necessary options are enabled, but either don't show up on screen or show up wrong. The main description and actions are tabs of one another, requiring constant switching back and forth. The additional description and items panels are missing. None of the panels is adjustable.

This happens with no other version of QSP than the one included in the game.

I hope this helps with troubleshooting.

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
Here's the problem I am consistently encountering:

I start the QSP included in the game and it looks like this:

View attachment 2977638

I then use "start game" and select Col. It looks like this:
View attachment 2977639

So far, so good. However, when I then click on "game," things start to fall apart. Note that the game itself does not load, and the QSP has elements disappearing off the top. None of the buttons on the top left work:

View attachment 2977641

I can hit F11 and get back the functionality of the top left buttons, but that does not start the game.

I can open a saved game, but even that is broken:
View attachment 2977651

Note that all of the necessary options are enabled, but either don't show up on screen or show up wrong. The main description and actions are tabs of one another, requiring constant switching back and forth. The additional description and items panels are missing. None of the panels is adjustable.

This happens with no other version of QSP than the one included in the game.

I hope this helps with troubleshooting.
This is bad. But I don’t quite understand what you mean by “items panels are missing” if the last one displays the item panel. Send me your save, I'll try to launch it. Thank you.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This is bad. But I don’t quite understand what you mean by “items panels are missing” if the last one displays the item panel. Send me your save, I'll try to launch it. Thank you.
Save attached. I would note, though, that the problem started before I even got to the load save point.

jaggedlunch

Aug 9, 2019
no idea what got added in the new version changelog was super not clear about that. new quest wasn't main castle quest apparently tho. stui idk what that was at this point.

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
no idea what got added in the new version changelog was super not clear about that. new quest wasn't main castle quest apparently tho. stui idk what that was at this point.
The quest and a new job for it can be found in the restaurant.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
(snip image)
The save that you downloaded works stably for me. On version 0.1.1A
So, as I suspected, it' the QSP program at fault, not the game. I'm thinking that, since the QSP program provided works for you but not for me, it's likely a language issue.

This is the only QSP program version where this happens for me. Maybe someone more familiar with programming could help you if we knew what changes you made to QSP 1.9 to get to your version of the player.

MetaPunk88

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2022
So, as I suspected, it' the QSP program at fault, not the game. I'm thinking that, since the QSP program provided works for you but not for me, it's likely a language issue.

This is the only QSP program version where this happens for me. Maybe someone more familiar with programming could help you if we knew what changes you made to QSP 1.9 to get to your version of the player.
The problem is most likely not in the programming languages, but in the stage when the machine code turns into sources (IMHO).

Well, also one (at least) Russian-speaking user encountered this error.

I’m really physically unwell right now, I’m sick. So I will think about this more and more consciously, now I’m hardly capable of any work. Sorry, and thanks for the help.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The problem is most likely not in the programming languages, but in the stage when the machine code turns into sources (IMHO).

Well, also one (at least) Russian-speaking user encountered this error.

I’m really physically unwell right now, I’m sick. So I will think about this more and more consciously, now I’m hardly capable of any work. Sorry, and thanks for the help.
Get well; that's the important thing. The game can wait, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can once you are able to get back to it.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes