RPGM - Completed - That Summer – Hannah’s Summer Vacation [v1.0.1] [七十七]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

That Summer - Hannah's Summer Vacation is the same "exhibitionism" game you've played a dozen times but with worse game mechanics than usual.

The gameplay is the real dagger to the heart with this one. There's essentially nothing in the way of a tutorial and no hints, tips or quest log to get you started. While RPGM isn't so wildly complicated as to make this scenario unplayable, it still means that wandering aimlessly is the only way to figure out how things play.

To save your time, you've got 60 days to wander around and do summer stuff. This is mostly part time jobs, going to summer school and exhibitionism. Doing most anything boosts your stats and you need stats to get into certain jobs. Doing a thing two or three times will unlock a scene each time until you reach an ending after five or six scenes. Yeah, that's in the realm of 10-18 repetitions per storyline... Watching an ending sets you back to the beginning of the 60 day timer, maintains your stats, and unlocks the recollection room, which does have an unlock switch. Apparently it doesn't apply to the exhibitionism scenes though.

While I kinda like the art, the grind just isn't worth it to get all the scenes. Each story line involves the MC being taken advantage of since apparently she lacks the proper nudity and sex taboos because her father and brother have been molesting her for ages already. This is naturally pretty fucked up as the game is deliberately vague as to her age at the start of the game, much less earlier.

As if all this irritation wasn't enough, the game is also pretty buggy when it comes to unlocking clothes. You need certain outfits to see certain scenes and certain outfits are either in a hidden store or bugged as to the unlock conditions.

Overall, don't waste your time. While the art might be interesting, slogging through a mostly broken game with lots of grind and terrible gameplay just isn't worth it. There's about a half dozen games just like this one that do it better.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JohnVans

Fun little games but are very grindy, but if you love that kind of stuff, then this will be up your alley. This game is very dark, and I mean very dark. Don't let the colorful and upbeat music fool you. The main protagonist is a klutzy, naive young girl who is very nympho. But she let everyone walk over and step on her like a doormat. Anyway, I think it is a pretty chill game you can sink into for a couple of hours, that's just my opinion. Btw the music is pretty sick not going to lies.

P.S. This game has so many costumes and I love it!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Haidra

This game gets 5 stars for one simple reason:

The main character looks like an attractive human and not like pedo bait or some mutated monstrum. It's sad how rare this is.

Other than that, it's a solid game. No battles. Tons of scenes (with varying quality) and decent pacing.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

suleni

nice system

In the vast realm of hentai gaming, where fantasy and desire intertwine, this game stands out like a rare gem in a sea of ordinary stones. From the moment I clicked play, I was whisked away into a world where every fantasy I've ever harbored found its manifestation. The artistry alone is enough to leave one spellbound, with intricately detailed characters and lush, vibrant backgrounds that draw you into their seductive embrace.

But beyond its visual allure lies a gameplay experience that's equally captivating. The mechanics are finely tuned to keep you engaged, whether you're navigating complex dialogue trees to forge intimate connections with the characters or engaging in heart-pounding action sequences that leave you breathless with excitement.

And oh, the stories! Each narrative thread is woven with care, offering a tantalizing glimpse into the deepest recesses of human desire. Whether you're drawn to tales of forbidden romance or lustful encounters that defy all reason, there's something here to satisfy every appetite.

In short, this game is a masterpiece of erotic storytelling, a tantalizing journey into the realms of passion and pleasure that will leave you yearning for more with every click of the mouse.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

dreminh

i gonna to make a short review or a description of this game : this is more like a prototype or a proof of concept , this is not a finished game at any level , lack of quality of life , no direction whatsoever , any thing must be manually activated by the player , all this game has is asset all around the place , , but the "asset" is good that why i rate this 3 star , playing this is more like a play test section , not even a demo
  6. 3.00 star(s)

desplazamiento

Athia describes this game perfectly. The lack of information is serious, I couldn't even find the second shop. Personally, I didn't think it was much of a grind. and as far as corruption is concerned, it is non-existent. a good idea, a very bad implementation
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Sam_Hollywood

Very good sandbox exploration game, it's maybe a 4.5 but I cannot give half stars.

The whole point of the game is to find stuff to do during the summer (mainly summer jobs) you do the "normal" activity for a bit, then you get progressing scenes. you can keep track of where you are in the various quests with the rope just outside your house.

The countdown does not really matter, after you get an ending you restart the summer with all progress and items.

There are also various items you can find and buy around the map, and some hidden with short quests.

Kink so far are pretty nice, manly noncon.

Pregnancy is only endgame.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

tittyfucker1

This game is honestly very close to being great imo, but there's a few things that really hold it back. First off though I will say, there are a lot of scenes that look pretty good. If you're into exhibitionism as well, this game has a lot of content for you. Additionally, I think that while the 60 day limit is kinda tight, you can certainly still see a lot of scenes in the first playthrough.

The main problem is the lack of direction, some may like the freedom of a sandbox game like this but the problem is, many times it can feel like you are wasting your time grinding for no reason. At the start of the game it is really hard to level any of the "skills" as many of the jobs and events that do level those skills are locked behind very high requirements. (The easiest way I've found is to run around every location and find chests that give either money or items to increase skills.)
    Additionally, there is almost no information given about how an event effects time. Most jobs in the day set the time to night, and night jobs skip to the next day after, but in some cases day jobs or daytime events will skip straight to the next day, and be especially careful once you level your exhibitionism enough, as the jail event will skip 5 whole days.
    There's also a decent amount of bugs and seemingly unreachable content, with many scenes not activating despite having the correct clothing or high enough stats. Some spots also have hidden stat requirements (eg the sex shop in the northern town) and you really just have to keep checking to see if you've met them.

Overall, I think this game could be fantastic if someone could mod in some QOL changes, but for now it just requires a bit too much gameplay optimization.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Athia

I have a LOT of gripes with this game, although it's not entirely irredeemable.

I'll start with the nice things : I like the aspect of the girl that has been almost totally desensitized to naughty things because of her background. The corruption isn't realy corruption, more like acceptance or lack of fuck to give that rise. The art is also pretty cool, at least i like it, although there are a LOT of scenes that are made of 80% text and 20% images. Just having something to look at while reading the text would be nice, even if it's just a standing regular image.

Now, for the fun part. This game crushing flaws.

First : an incredible lack of information.

This game revolve a lot around clothing to trigger quite a lot of scenes, or to to the same activity multiple time. Where do you find these clothes ? NO CLUE ! There's two shops i found that sold clothes, and idk if there's more than that. One of them is locked behind a lascivious check (or if there's any way to get to it without that, i didn't find it), and the other one look like a a two square wide 10 square long building on the extreme edge of a map with the entrance being at the north of said map. It looks like a warehouse you can't enter at first. It's a clothing shop. As i said before, jobs scenes are also hidden behind path progress. Which is fine. But how many time should i work to trigger the next scene ? Your guess is as good as mine. Sometime you only need to work once. Sometimes after 5 days of work, it doesn't trigger. You'd then assume there's no more scenes, but there still are ! You just had no way of knowing !

Second : a GRINDFEST.

All of the jobs can level a stat, and not by much. And for some reason using a save editor couldn't speed up the process. Luckily, there are equipments that allow to boost almost all stats. There's just one i couldn't level easily enough and didn't find an equipment to boost, being Eloquence. It is, by default, you lowest stat. I don't even remember if you start at 1 or at 0, but to just unlock the neighbor tutoring, you'll have to grind eloquence for several days. And so far, all the jobs and activities i found that level it does by only 1 unit each time. It is atrocious. Of course, as you get more stats, more activities open, but the beginning is painstakingly slow to build up.
    Money shouldn't be a problem, outside of the different jobs i found quite a few chests that had 50k dollars inside.

Third : The 60 days time limit.

It does sound like a lot ! IT'S NOT !
    All activities aside from a few and the exhibitionism spots will eat your entire day and release you at night. There, there's a few activities open that will eat your night. You just did two activities and are down one whole day. Some activities will eat both your day and your night. Count in the stats you have to farm and grind, and you're left with surprisingly little time. I am currently down to 6 days left, and i don't think i've started more than a third of the activities. I don't know if there's a NG+ that allows you to start anew with your stats, but given the QoL aspect of this game, i highly doubt it. Luckily, it seems that you can modify the amount of days left using a save editor.

EDIT : Triggering an ending does just reset the days counter. You keep everything, including route progress. Therefore, that last one is a non-issue.

I could also go on about the poor quality of life as said above, but i think i've said enough about this game.