• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Summertime Saga - Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
ezgif-6-bb301cac7c.gif

I'm watching some Unreal Engine tutorials lately, which is a game engine used to make games if you don't know. Anyways, we could make a Summertime Saga game with 2d animations. I'd like to try that just for fun, not as a serious thing, so it might not go anywhere.

This is just a rough running animation attempt that needs some cleaning up. The process is extremely simple. I take an animation from mixamo with a suitable mixamo character and render multiple frames of the animation in blender as a mist pass that I use with a depth control net in stable diffusion.

Here's what the mist pass looks like:

untitled3.png

This animation has 12 frames, which I feel like could be reduced to 8 or something. After some cleaning and cutting out the background, the frames can be assembled into a sprite sheet and used in unreal. Note that it's fine if things are a bit rough, the size of the character would be reduced a bit, which would hide errors.

Anyways, anyone is interested in such a project? We could make any types of 2d game, like even a RPG with monsters and combat animations.

Last edited:

BSsummerG

Oct 12, 2023
View attachment 3573306

I'm doing some Unreal Engine tutorials lately, which is a game engine used to make games if you don't know. Anyways, we could make a Summertime Saga game with 2d animations. I'd like to try that just for fun, not as a serious thing, so it might not go anywhere.

This is just a rough running animation attempt that needs some cleaning up. The process is extremely simple. I take an animation from mixamo with a suitable mixamo character and render multiple frames of the animation as a mist pass that I use with a depth control net in stable diffusion.

Here's what the mist pass looks like:

View attachment 3573326

This animation has 12 frames, which I feel like could be reduced to 8 or something. After some cleaning and cutting out the background, the frames can be assembled into a sprite sheet and used in unreal.

Anyways, anyone is interested in such a project? We could make any types of 2d game, like even a RPG with monsters and combat animations.
Clearly this is already another level, be happy for what you are trying to do, you will surely have the support of many people, good luck in your experiment.

Reactions: LongJong69
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote