Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
You can more estimate, that the wide release is in 10-14 days because Ocean wants to send the game first to some curators first to push the game more into the broader public and have them play and make some reviews of it. But he had to wait till the age rating is final, sending the game to the curators with the assumption of PEGI 16+ to play it and then get a kick in the ball s from steam because "Surprise! Now it's PEGI 18+ motherfucker" is quite unlucky.
do.jpg

Lets hope it will be like he said.

At this point ocean kinda sounds like he just want to get it over with... which is understandable

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
You put all the facts on the table, Mortarion. But I don't think it'll help. The "Germany doesn't allow nudity on Steam Games" myth will never die. Valve blamed Germany because they don't wanted to invest money and, let's be honest here, most players are too dumb to check facts. They get assfucked by Valve since Steam exists and still believes them everything.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Age verification... well if you want to call it that... i would not.

Its simple:

All they do is ask about your birth date. Thats it, you can fill in what you want there, thats really no real verification. No passport or something like that is needed... Which is a yearly topic of our child protection community and law, but they dont do much besides talking.

Well the stronger "age verification" is the essential payment method though... you cant open up a paypal account without being 18. You cant have a creditcard without being 18. Same goes for a full bank account. Those things have a really good verification of course and without a valid payment method, no working steam/epic/gog account. But most parents dont care obviously and just open up a account for their kids so they can do what they want and so on, they deal with the problems when its already too late...

Besides, i dont think underage people have much intereset in a Visual Novel... because... well they need to read and the whole game is basically a book, not that popular around teenagers these days.

But dluser is not wrong... we went way to deep in those things and they dont really matter for the game anymore...
Thank you for taking the time to clarify the overall context for those situated so far away from the issues at hand.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
So, he's just using Steam/Steam users as tools... and piggy banks, of course. Doesn't give a fuck about the users but only about their money, is what you are saying, right? why would anyone want to support that? get a censored/edited w/e version of Season 1 and that's all they get?

Oh, if they want the original untouched version of Season 1 + Season 2 and beyond, become a Patreon/SS!
Untouched ? , Ocean already took out of the game almost all of the scenes with genitalia and excess butt crack !

Reactions: Wildehilde

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Besides, i dont think underage people have much intereset in a Visual Novel... because... well they need to read and the whole game is basically a book, not that popular around teenagers these days.
That's the the point. If I want to see the full stuff then I can just move to the hub or the hamster. Why bother with reading a story when I can just see two humans fuck each other - with consent.

PS: In my last post I have added something about the Debit Cards in Germany that could be interesting for you.

Reactions: Hahn1900

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
That's the the point. If I want to see the full stuff then I can just move to the hub or the hamster. Why bother with reading a story when I can just see two humans fuck each other - with consent.

PS: In my last post I have added something about the Debit Cards in Germany that could be interesting for you.
Oh well... never even thaught to try it with SS.

The only card i have is indeed a Debit Card. The thing with it is... its kinda unpredictable, some shops dont accept it, or better said cant work with it.

I tried it here and there in online shops, so far never worked...

But look at that, Subscribestar accepted the card :D

Well... bye bye Patreon, you ban WiaB? I ban you :D

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
in my understanding that's not fully correct. You can sell your game in other marketplaces for cheaper, you just can't sell steam keys in other marketplaces for cheaper.
Ahhhh my bad then....that makes sense I guess.

Also agree with others, there's a fucking off-topic thread for a reason guys.,..take it over there.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Ahhhh my bad then....that makes sense I guess.

Also agree with others, there's a fucking off-topic thread for a reason guys.,..take it over there.
No thanks, keep that shit in the main thread :BootyTime:
Please don't. We are fine there.
Why not? As long as it will be WiAB offtopic thread, of course. :KEK:
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-off-topic.186269/
It has been deserted there for a long time anyway.

Mar 29, 2021
Considering that the 18+ rating has been confirmed and the game will be excluded from distribution in Germany, does it still make sense for it to be released on Steam in a "reduced" version? After all, since it won't be released on the store in Germany anyway, the full version might as well be released on Steam, or the "reduced" being patched following the release with the content cut.
Does anyone maybe know anything more about it?

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Considering that the 18+ rating has been confirmed and the game will be excluded from distribution in Germany, does it still make sense for it to be released on Steam in a "reduced" version? After all, since it won't be released on the store in Germany anyway, the full version might as well be released on Steam, or the "reduced" being patched following the release with the content cut.
Does anyone maybe know anything more about it?
The game is still 16+ and will stay at this rating, most probably. Steam wants to block the game 'cause of to much nudity.
And yes it makes sense to keep the changes, simply because at the moment the game gets and adult only rating, Ocean would lose a buch of music licenses. And that would be a massive financial blow to Ocean.

Mar 29, 2021
The game is still 16+ and will stay at this rating, most probably. Steam wants to block the game 'cause of to much nudity.
And yes it makes sense to keep the changes, simply because at the moment the game gets and adult only rating, Ocean would lose a buch of music licenses. And that would be a massive financial blow to Ocean.
Sorry, reading this and the last page posts and checking the page of the game, I wrongly assumed that the rating was 18+, my bad, if it's really 16+, then my question is clearly a nonsense :)

Reactions: Mortarion

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Sorry, reading this and the last page posts and checking the page of the game, I wrongly assumed that the rating was 18+, my bad, if it's really 16+, then my question is clearly a nonsense :)
One other thing, in your signature.
This one: Steam Adult Games Guidelines 2022/03/31
Is this from you, and if yes, how actual is this now? The stuff liked in your sig is from 2022.

Mar 29, 2021
One other thing, in your signature.
This one: Steam Adult Games Guidelines 2022/03/31
Is this from you, and if yes, how actual is this now? The stuff liked in your sig is from 2022.
Well, it's a collage of information I gathered around and, in reality, I have unfortunately not found any new relevant first-hand information on the matter after that date, although some small annotations were added later, the document I have in my signature would be from May 2023 in that case, but the substantial part is that from 2022. If I ever get new, more up-to-date information, I'll include them right away, but for now that's all I know with a decent fair amount of certainty.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Well, it's a collage of information I gathered around and, in reality, I have unfortunately not found any new relevant first-hand information on the matter after that date, although some small annotations were added later, the document I have in my signature would be from May 2023 in that case, but the substantial part is that from 2022. If I ever get new, more up-to-date information, I'll include them right away, but for now that's all I know with a decent fair amount of certainty.
Thank you mate!

I have redirected that guide directly to Ocean - of course with crediting you! :)
There are one or two things that could be still a thing for Ocean.

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes