RPG Maker MV/MZ Repacks

Should the repacks continue? (read the top of the thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Got it. Currently reworking some things. I'll fix it when I can (sometime in the next few days).

May 2, 2021
In Knight of Love possible to make the specials work for Mac? also
Kingdom of Passion [Beta v0.2.1] [Siren's Domain]

Last edited:

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Announcement
Sorry there weren't many releases this week. Google decided to ban me on colab for unknown reasons and I've been trying to get unbanned. Looks like it's not happening though so I'll have to go back to doing it on my own hardware :(

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Announcement
A new poll is up on the future of this project. You can read more about it at the top of the thread.

if you're to lazy to scroll up:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how many votes you'll get but I want to argument a bit on how both possibilities may work out. Firstly, I think you can set up a patreon (if you want) and do as many ports as you are able to do with the money you make. It doesn't have to be patreon but I believe it's the platform most people know. If you have a preferred way of receiving donos then by all means do as you wish. What I want to say is that some people are more comfortable with paying a bit over a period of time than commissioning for every title they want ported.

Secondly, using the available tools and making our own ports sounds good but I believe there's not that many people with the necessary knowledge about systems and technology (or with the willpower to learn it) so ports won't be coming out as frequent as when you did them. I may be entirely wrong tho. All in all this just means that less ports will be made, but I'm sure there'll be people out there willing to give it a try.

I voted for the community option because I was interested in the process previously (when I approached porting Succulence I found it really hard to deal with the fact that it is a ACE game. It got me into game dev again so... xd) and the more people who understand the tech the better. Maybe one of the few who gets interested can produce ports close to how frequent you did.

P.S.: Thank you so much for the service you provided and I wish you the best for future endeavours.

Reactions: m4kro

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
I don't know how many votes you'll get but I want to argument a bit on how both possibilities may work out. Firstly, I think you can set up a patreon (if you want) and do as many ports as you are able to do with the money you make. It doesn't have to be patreon but I believe it's the platform most people know. If you have a preferred way of receiving donos then by all means do as you wish. What I want to say is that some people are more comfortable with paying a bit over a period of time than commissioning for every title they want ported.

Secondly, using the available tools and making our own ports sounds good but I believe there's not that many people with the necessary knowledge about systems and technology (or with the willpower to learn it) so ports won't be coming out as frequent as when you did them. I may be entirely wrong tho. All in all this just means that less ports will be made, but I'm sure there'll be people out there willing to give it a try.

I voted for the community option because I was interested in the process previously (when I approached porting Succulence I found it really hard to deal with the fact that it is a ACE game. It got me into game dev again so... xd) and the more people who understand the tech the better. Maybe one of the few who gets interested can produce ports close to how frequent you did.

P.S.: Thank you so much for the service you provided and I wish you the best for future endeavours.
Thank you for your thoughts! I'll consider setting up a patreon or ko-fi depending on the votes. As for my tools, I agree that it may seem a bit difficult to get it working without some prior knowledge. That was also why I created the google colab template, as it would do everything automatically with just a few button clicks. If the community option wins by enough I'll consider finishing up the planned GUI to make things easier.

Anonym_e

May 5, 2021
Announcement
A new poll is up on the future of this project. You can read more about it at the top of the thread.

if you're to lazy to scroll up:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi. It's sad to hear that there are problems like that.
So --- in the case of "charging money for each port", how would it work in more detail?
I would like to remain somewhat anonymous in the way I would pay.

Are paysafe cards an option?
Are amazon gift cards an option?

Are these cards "region locked" to some extend? (I am in central europe.)
(So basically I want the closed thing to paying in cash.)

Reactions: m4kro

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Hi. It's sad to hear that there are problems like that.
So --- in the case of "charging money for each port", how would it work in more detail?
I would like to remain somewhat anonymous in the way I would pay.

Are paysafe cards an option?
Are amazon gift cards an option?

Are these cards "region locked" to some extend? (I am in central europe.)
(So basically I want the closed thing to paying in cash.)
That's a good question! So apart from ko-fi the bitcoin address will still be open for anonymous donations or requests. As for other forms or payment, amazon gift cards will probably be a possible option as long as they work in the US.

Also right now the listed prices are more of an estimate. I will be using cloud machines to bypass the bandwidth costs but the machines are pay per minute and the bigger the game the longer it takes. Any game greater than 5 gigabytes I will need to do without the cloud as it's the download limit of pixeldrain's API.

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Announcement
I forgot to mention what will happen in the likely event that option 1 wins. I will probably transfer ownership of this thread and the github repos (or just add as a collaborator) to someone willing to put the time and effort into making repacks.

So if you are interested, leave a reply here and if there's multiple people I'll leave it to a wheel for who gets the thread and repo.

Edit: or if there's someone who seems more qualified than the rest I'll choose them.

Last edited:

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Announcement
Looks like most people want the community to take over. I agree with this decision, its better in the long run. So if anyone is interested in taking over operations leave a reply.

If no one eligible shows up in 1 week I will switch to option 2 and open a ko-fi.