Tool Playnite Extensions (F95zone, DLsite and Fanza)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I actually have another suggestion, though it may not be something currently doable. I've noticed that the library will update when Playnite launches. Is there any chance that process could be hooked to detect when a thread title has been updated, which normally indicates an update has happened? You could throw a new category of "Needs Update" or "Updated" on it when the title changes. All the user would need to do is refresh the metadata, where you could remove that category along with the title being updated.
Do you perhaps mean this?

I've noticed that the library will update when Playnite launches.
I'm not 100% sure we are on the same page. With "library" you mean your game library in Playnite, right? The Extension I made grabs Metadata for games, it's a Metadata Extension. Grabbing metadata on launch with these kind of extensions is not a thing in Playnite iirc. It might be the case if the Extension is a Library Extension, eg the Steam Library Extension would grab all your Steam Games and add it to Playnite or update the data on every launch (1-way synchronization).

Anyway, I think you just saw how some library extension updated some metadata on launch and want a notification when a game on F95 gets an update, right?

The update checker extension is on my radar ( ) and will be out sometime in the future. I'm kinda waiting on the port to NET 5 ( , ) before working on the extensions again (net framework 4.6 sucks ass) so dunno when I come around making it.

Sporkington

Mar 12, 2019
Do you perhaps mean this?

~snip~
Somewhat new to playnite if I'm being honest, so I wasn't sure how to word what I was trying to express. A library extension is exactly what I meant.

I have no problems waiting for the extension, library or otherwise. Just wanted to put the bug in your ear about it. :p

Thank you for the tool none the less, it saved me quite a large amount of some copy/pasting.

Last edited:

qqqwwwqqq

May 25, 2018
Apparently if you make an HTTP request to https://f95zone.to/threads/foo.56493/ you get an HTTP 301 redirect to https://f95zone.to/threads/playnite-extensions-f95-dlsite-jastusa-vndb.56493/. Because the game version numbers are in thread titles (and thus the URL slug), you can make a really simple update checker by just sending a HEAD request to every URL and seeing if you get a redirect back.

I made a simple PowerShell extension to iterate over every game in the library and see if the f95zone.to links result in a 3xx redirect. If any are found an HTML table is created and shown in your default browser. Please note, it can be slow to scan all the links.

erri120 feel free to steal this update checking logic and use it yourself. There is one issue with the way F95ZoneMetadata is currently handling links: you're stripping the trailing slashes off of links so you always end up with a redirect. If you fix that and also update your extension to update the link with the redirected URL, I think this would make a quite usable update checker.

Ludvinae

Sep 28, 2017
Updated playnite to version 9 or whatever without paying too much attention, and now the extension doesn't work anymore, fml :eek:

Reactions: dejitaru

dejitaru

Jun 28, 2017
Updated playnite to version 9 or whatever without paying too much attention, and now the extension doesn't work anymore, fml :eek:
It is possible to downgrade tho unless you kept a backup copy of your library yea... as the update auto-converts it to the new format... On the bright side, at least the library loads still in the new version... not so much if you try a downgrade however...
Do a Google search for PlayNite and GitHub and you should be able to find the downgrade option. Don't think I have enough posts to be able to post links yet

dejitaru

Jun 28, 2017
I had actually been looking forward to the update, as I had ran across several themes and extensions that kinda required 9. Just didn't realize it would be incompatible with this one. Not too sure when this will be updated again, as the Dev has already stated his dislike of .Net 4.6 (I think it was), which PlayNite seems to be written in. Didn't see anything in the patch notes/changelog indicating that they had upgraded it to something newer however. The latter being mentioned on GitHub for this.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
I had actually been looking forward to the update, as I had ran across several themes and extensions that kinda required 9. Just didn't realize it would be incompatible with this one. Not too sure when this will be updated again, as the Dev has already stated his dislike of .Net 4.6 (I think it was), which PlayNite seems to be written in. Didn't see anything in the patch notes/changelog indicating that they had upgraded it to something newer however. The latter being mentioned on GitHub for this.
You can follow if you want to be up to date on the port.

ragtime101

May 15, 2017
I really appreciate the work you put in with these extensions, they are amazing. I'm so sad that The VNDB extension died with playnite 9.0 :(

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
You can follow if you want to be up to date on the port.
I really appreciate the work you put in with these extensions, they are amazing. I'm so sad that The VNDB extension died with playnite 9.0 :(
I have ported these extensions to support PlayniteSDK 6, so they now work with Playnite 9. No changes/fixes whatsoever, so if something did not work before, it shouldn't be working now.

Submitted a PR at Github with the changes, but if anyone wants to test the metadata providers in the meantime, here they are. I have mostly tested the F95Zone and DLSite metadata providers, and they have worked as they used to.

ragtime101

May 15, 2017
I have ported these extensions to support PlayniteSDK 6, so they now work with Playnite 9. No changes/fixes whatsoever, so if something did not work before, it shouldn't be working now.

Submitted a PR at Github with the changes, but if anyone wants to test the metadata providers in the meantime, here they are. I have mostly tested the F95Zone and DLSite metadata providers, and they have worked as they used to.
The VNDB metadata provider works. Thank you so much for taking the time to port these! I was losing my mind manually adding metadata.

Last edited:

fIow

Apr 4, 2020

Thank you very much for the port!

pandabweer

Modder
Oct 11, 2017

Recent update broke the image getter and the genre's.

Reactions: Ludvinae

cofer

Jul 28, 2017
Recent update broke the image getter and the genre's.
The DLSite appears to be working still, so it's not something with Playnite that has changed.

However, it appears that the F95zone forums have been updated, and now the HTML structure has changed, thus breaking the plugin.

I will see what can be done to get it working again.

pandabweer

Modder
Oct 11, 2017
I have updated HTML parser to work with the forum update.

I have run a few tests and the images and genres are now showing up again. Let me know if something is still broken.
Thanks a lot! I would fix it myself but c# is not my cup of tea, i tried making a Python solution but then i need to use ironpython... do you got a fork?

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Even tho I still hate working with Playnite and its SDK I started working on a rework of all extensions. I attached a debug build of the F95Zone extension with working metadata grabbing, "login" and even searching. I put login in quotation marks because due to Playnite being old as fuck, most of the code is not async even tho it should be leading to some really bad and hacky code that leads to a deadlock during the login process. You can still login by copying the "xf_user", "xf_csrf" and "xf_tfa_trust" cookie from your browse into the settings. See for more info on the deadlock.

You can find the source for the rework on a different branch:

I will rework the DLSite Metadata Extension next but all other extensions (VNDB Metadata Plugin, Jastusa Metadata Plugin, the Screenshot plugin, XUnityAutoTranslator Emualtor) might not receive an update. The Extension Update is obsolete, the Screenshot Plugin was just for fun and I never used it, the XUnityAutoTranslator Emulator was not finished/not working and I don't really remember what I was doing, I never ended up using the Jastusa Metadata Plugin and the VNDB Metadata Plugin was also just for fun but there is another extension out there that does the same thing.

erri120

Jul 11, 2020
Updated the F95Zone Metadata Plugin and attached the first version of the reworked DLsite Metadata Plugin. Login now works for F95Zone and both have more settings for better control like language and property destination. Only thing missing from the DLsite Metadata Plugin is searching which I will do later.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote