Need Help with RPG Maker or Bakin

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
I've decided to start developing my own adult game. Now I have spent months, switching inbetween multiple different engines, gathering all kings of sources but still failing at one single issue.
I have literally 0 knowledge when it comes to programming.

2D Sprites / Animations: Got it! Already have a huge library of my own
3D Models / Animations: Got it! Especially the adult animations
Music: Got it! I'm infact a musician (actual job) and capable of composing, obviously already got plenty of OST in my library
Story / Scenario: Got it! I just dont want to reveal it here or be boasting about it.

I just need someone to literally spoon-feed me on "how to loop videos in an engine and keep displaying dialogues or options on top of it"
Thats literally my issue. I'm not chained to RPG Makers or RPG Developer Bakin, I can easily switch to any other engine but surely I would like to go with one that has either visual coding or event-based system. Because again, I have 0 knowledge when it comes to programming.

After trying for months, lack of help, lack of tutorials (there're literally no tutorials how to loop multiple videos with RPG Makers) I feel burnt out. I just don't want this passion of mine to fade away.
I just need someone to teach me, explain to me as you would do with a complete idiot.

First time posting a thread in this forum, I really don't know if this is against the rules or if this is the right place, sorry.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
You have a better chance to find what you need in the dev section. Does this help?

If not, make a new topic here with a title like "RPGM + Others - how to loop videos in RPG Maker or Bakin?" and cut the post down to something like:

I need a very basic explanation on "how to loop videos in an engine and keep displaying dialogues or options on top of it"
Thats literally my issue. I'm not chained to RPG Makers or RPG Developer Bakin, I can easily switch to any other engine but surely I would like to go with one that has either visual coding or event-based system. Because again, I have 0 knowledge when it comes to programming.

I just need someone to teach me, explain to me as you would do with a complete idiot.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I've decided to start developing my own adult game. Now I have spent months, switching inbetween multiple different engines, gathering all kings of sources but still failing at one single issue.

Music: Got it! I'm infact a musician (actual job) and capable of composing, obviously already got plenty of OST in my library
Story / Scenario: Got it! I just dont want to reveal it here or be boasting about it.

I just need someone to literally spoon-feed me on "how to loop videos in an engine and keep displaying dialogues or options on top of it"

After trying for months, lack of help, lack of tutorials (there're literally no tutorials how to loop multiple videos with RPG Makers) I feel burnt out. I just don't want this passion of mine to fade away.

First time posting a thread in this forum, I really don't know if this is against the rules or if this is the right place, sorry.
Oh hey Indie, you have returned, still trying to develop it?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'd say this is the problem you should start with first - go and learn it.
You pretty much can't do shit as a dev of a game without at least some knowledge in coding or without a partner who does. :whistle::coffee:

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
You have a better chance to find what you need in the dev section. Does this help?

If not, make a new topic here with a title like "RPGM + Others - how to loop videos in RPG Maker or Bakin?" and cut the post down to something like:
Thanks, as I've said I've never created a thread myself before. So I didnt know where to post it.

I'd say this is the problem you should start with first - go and learn it.
You pretty much can't do shit as a dev of a game without at least some knowledge in coding or without a partner who does. :whistle::coffee:
Already started a C# course, but its most likely gonna take couple months more to be able to do what I need.
I was a little frustrated when I posted this, a little desperate. I knew I need to learn how to code eventually.
But the issue is, lets say you need a new inventory system, dozens of tuts & vids.
Or maybe a character creations scene? Bazillionz of tuts and vids on youtube.
The thing I'm looking for is not explained anywhere, no tutorials, no videos of it.
And unlike this forum, you cant ask it openly in other places. Adult Game development is a big taboo.
Like everyone knows Daz3D is %99 of the time used for adult content, but its not allowed to talk about such things in their forums etc.
But yeah its been 2 weeks I started learning C#, and I just know its gonna take me months to be able to "just" understand what I'm trying to do.

Oh hey Indie, you have returned, still trying to develop it?
Hey bro, I'm back from the void. :D gonna dm you and explain everything.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
But yeah its been 2 weeks I started learning C#, and I just know its gonna take me months to be able to "just" understand what I'm trying to do.
That's fine, that's how it goes, nothing just happens in a flash whenever you feel like it.
You know what they say about Rome right? So be patient but work hard. ;):coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: indiehindi

RPZITZ

Formerly 'ZitZ69'
Apr 7, 2023

Hello there, I also decided to make my adult game in RPG Developer Bakin. I don't know too much about C# eater, but maybe I can help you with standard Bakin tools.

In Even Editor you can create a parallel event for your dialogue and put into this event your video (Make sure in the setting it's below the image).

2024-05-03 22_58_53-Edit Event_ Stuffed Toy.png

2024-05-03 22_57_09-Edit Event_ Stuffed Toy.png

Here is the video of the result:

Hope it will help, but if you need more help you can DM to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: indiehindi

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
Hello there, I also decided to make my adult game in RPG Developer Bakin. I don't know too much about C# eater, but maybe I can help you with standard Bakin tools.

In Even Editor you can create a parallel event for your dialogue and put into this event your video (Make sure in the setting it's below the image).

View attachment 3600412

View attachment 3600413

Here is the video of the result:

Hope it will help, but if you need more help you can DM to me.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm trying to achieve similiar h-scene structures as you would see in "A Struggle With Sin" game by Chyos (you can find it in this forum) or in any other "NLT Media" games.
I actually tried this way before, when you have too much branching (like giving the player, lets say, missionary, doggy, cowgirl etc options) Bakin switches inbetween the videos randomly or starts displaying the wrong video.

1714830188314.png

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
hscene_structure.png

This is the h-scene structure im trying to achieve. I don't think Bakin is capable of this, or maybe, simply I'm not that knowledgeable with Bakin so that I'm not able to create this.

With RPG Makers, I know as there are examples, it is possible to do, but I'm still learning (by myself, no such tuts as I've said) so its gonna take me some time.