VN - Ren'Py - Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

1. 5.00 star(s)

VirtualKombat

Incredible renders, excellent story and progression.
    Not a lot of games impress me but this one is different. Really high quality all around.
    The music is actually varied and not annoying which is really underrated.
    Models look amazing and really sexy.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

scaryterry19

Game is hot garbage. One dimensional story with no character progression outside the "supposed" daughter (who also looks like she's 15 at best...gross).

The game has so many other interesting paths it can develop and grow towards, but the dev can't seem to write his way out of a paper bag.

This one is for the incest crowd only.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

dimsey87

About as middle of the road as it gets imo.
    Not particularly bad, nor particularly good.
    Just fine.

Though there were a LOT of errors.
    Nothing you couldn't ignore, but still.

Can't say I recommend the game unless you're hard up for something.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Teyrna

The story with this one is a little weird, almost as if your choices don't matter. There is no avoiding a relationship with Kailey if you pick all "caring" options, but likewise there is no avoiding her ire at the end of Ch. 8 if you completely avoided being a man-whore. It almost feels like a kinetic novel with flavor text options.

Graphics are great, animations are some of the smoothest and detailed I've seen from a VN. I do wonder though, why is Kailey's face so cherubic? She's not fat, she's not a child, so why does she look like her cheeks are inflated? Aside from that, everything about this is great. A lot of models I haven't seen before, so there's another plus.

Music and sound is fine. Nothing to write home about, but nothing troubling. It exists, so it automatically keeps any stars I might have otherwise taken away for that alone.

I'll give it five stars. Dev is really doing good work, and they're all his stars to lose here. As long as the ending doesn't get stupid or shortchanged, as long as the dev doesn't start breaking things, as long as the dev finishes the thing... it should come out with five stars at the end of production.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

A nice daddy daughter game with good visuals. Writing of this one makes it more different than usual daddy daughter games. Devs tend to keep this closer to reality. You can feel the sexual tension from start of the game. Each time MC cheats he feels guilty and afraid to look at face of his wife. There is issue between him and wife but they are trying to solve it. As chapter progress you will knew the reason for it. Comparatively shorter game though.
    But I'm rooting for wife hoping she gets more screen time. Overall I enjoyed the game. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Cal2

[Reviewed Ch. 8]

An erotic game with a sweet LI despite a cliched set-up. There's a lot of promise here but it just doesn't quite check all the boxes. If you like a love-driven, dad/daughter medium-burn VN with some corruption possibilities, it's worth a go.

The Good ((y))
    • Beautiful, well-rendered models (including the daughter)
    • Believable story that burns just slow enough to build great tension
    • Erotic H-scenes with good animations
    • Some slick UI elements that are not run-of-the-mill Ren'Py
    The Not-So-Good ((n))
    • There are some rough edges -- some scenes are quite short, narrative jumps around a bit, dialogue isn't perfect
    • Premise is a bit cliched
    • Updates are relatively short in length / content
    A nice if imperfect game that is definitely worth trying. Will continue to follow.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DSTORQUE

[Ch.8] You are a 40 year old man recently sober and with a struggling marriage. Things get real crazy when a young woman approaches you with information that she may be your daughter. Apparently a one-night stand from your high school prom might have ended with a pregnancy you were never aware of from a woman that never appeared in your life other than that night.

You instantly feel protective and responsible for your daughter and do your best to provide her with love and shelter, even if your wife is caught quite off guard. While living with your daughter and wife, it becomes clear that your relationship with her is anything but ordinary.

The MC is a big dick pervert with a father's heart, and the daughter is curvy in the best ways and sexy when she wants to be. The daughter is likeable, there are several other characters to sex with, and the story doesn't hide content from you.

A great game so far. Really want to see this through to the conclusion!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TNU

Very nice game.
    Renders are good. Sex scenes are too. But most important almost every moment filled with temptation and eroticism. Writing is excellent. Like characters really have personality and they are not feeling like cartoons.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

I really didn't want to give this 3 stars but my god the writing is sooooo bad. The characters like trip over themselves trying to talk to eachother. The dialogue is just so awkward and doesn't flow at all. It's like an AI generated the dialogue or something, because this is not how normal people talk to eachother. At all. Not only is the flow of dialogue not smooth at all and not only does it bump into itself repeatedly, but you don't get a choice of what your MC is. It's already established that hes a cheating shitbag and he's already entangled with multiple women. He's also extremely whipped by his wife and is all yes hon no hon of course hon even though he's cheating on her. If the marriage is unhappy, as he admits it, why doesn't he stand up for himself or talk to her like a human being instead of being some kind of whipped beta? It makes absolute no sense and it goes back to the awful writing of earlier. I know I keep bringing up the writing but it's really awful. Moving on from that, the girls look absolutely fantastic. They are all really hot, the renders are great, and I even like the look of the MC which is rare in these types of games where they are some type of hairless smooth skinned generic beta. Here, the MC looks a bit gruff which is good. Overall, I think the game would be an excellent dad daughter wife love triangle or loving dad story but the writing just absolutely nukes it from orbit. I don't normally like reworks or remakes but here I really do think the game would benefit from substantial rewrites.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

DougDimmadope

PROS
    - Renders: Definitely the strong point of this VN. Animations are decent, sex scenes are somewhat short but not a big issue.
    - Well presented. The UI and menus look very clean.

CONS
    - Story: The game had a very strong start. However... aside from the initial premise, it doesn't seem like the author really knows what to do now. Like the plan was to make dad-daughter love VN but not much has been thought of outside of this initial plan. What to do after the romantic relationship has been established? After the climax?
    - Characters: Its very cliche and uncreative. Characters are just what you'd expect from the typical incest VN. Angry wife that hates MC for plot reasons, innocent daughter that has 0 knowledge of sex but is slowly corrupted/romanced by the dad MC, everyone else are minor supporting characters that are just there for fanservice so people don't complain there is a lack of sex. Its a game that plays it safe with all the 'AVN established' tropes & cliches, it doesn't really bring anything new or exciting to the table.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Gupiven

Very nice game on many levels.

Renders are so very well done and women are very sexy and beautiful.

Nice story to go with this suiting it's purpose.

Will be intersting to follow development of this game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Orichan

In most games I play the usual issue comes back : Dev do not know what building up tension means, what erotism means, and that whether a scene is hot or not is not correlated by how quick MC pulls his dick and ram it into the woman's vagina

You need to build tension, you need the cuddling part, the frottage, the dry humping and all that ! It's all so important and hot. (and most of the time even more hot that the sex part, I think I'm not actually even interested in just sex anymore it's so boring, give us passion instead)

I think here it was done good. I'm not going to say 10/10 but a good 7/10, with most other game being 4 or 5.

The taboo incest relationship is something I like, I think it was OK but could have been better cultivated. You go too fast between father-daughter to fuck buddies, but I don't mind it that much it was still ok.

The dev tries to bring variety, by having different scenes : At the park, on a trip where we go at a motel, at MC's job, etc.
    I think it's good, it keeps things dynamic. I'd give it a 6,5/10 because it could have been exploited a lot better, these were all so very short and there could have been more.

Blue-balling level are low. Which is good.

Models and assets are good too, I'd give them a good 7/10.

Choices are almost meaningless. Which I'm fine with, branching is what makes Dev's life hell and reduce the amount of content per update. I like Kinetic novels, but I also really want an ending that we choose.
    I see where this is going, the Harem route, many clues have been given, but I don't want that in the end and I hope we can choose that at least.

Music is not annoying, which surprisingly is not the bare minimum for a lot of games out here. It's just a few repetitive ones though so nothing incredible.

I like the MC, I like that he has a personality and doesn't give in when Kailey complains about him still having sex with his wife, I really liked that. (I still actually want him to leave his wife at some point and be only with Kailey, and maybe Cas)

5/5 stars because I'm not rating just the game, but how well it does compared to other games here, and also to balance the undeserved low rating before I see.
    My real rating would be 6,5/10 (which is not that bad !). If I were to compare with other games it would be 8/10, and if I add the balancing of other unfair rating then you end up with the 5/5 one.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

(Review of v0.4)

Lost at Birth is off to a decent start. Kailey's model is very attractive, and she is written well to embody the innocent girl who you instantly want to protect and care for. In turn, the writing captures the mc's fatherly instincts in combination with his lustful fantasies in an enjoyable way that allows you to connect with him. I also enjoyed the choice of chill, lofi music which gave the game a relaxed feeling.

There are imperfections. The sex scenes aren't that hot, and the supporting characters aren't yet compelling. But my primary issue with the game at this stage is the mc's relationship with his wife. We observe her repeatedly act out, hurting herself, the mc and Kailey. We read the mc's inner thoughts about how awful she is and how long these problems have been going on for. But he doesn't do anything about it. As of the version I played, the most that happened was him accidentally letting out that she was drinking quite a lot, and then her suggesting they take a date. He stands passively by while she starts getting Kailey into drugs. Like, seriously? The game implies he has never actually faced her with how her drinking problem has affected him and their relationship. He hasn't even explained to her that he went teetotal years ago. It makes it harder to connect to the mc, seems like a contrived plot point, and is a big turnoff. I haven't played the most recent version but I'm hoping this gets resolved fast. However I'm somewhat doubtful because the mc does seem to be written as a wet blanket, as he doesn't even intervene when Kailey starts drinking too much.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

Good writing, it doesn't feel unnatural or too far fetched, you actually believe it. That's rare nowadays.
    The plot is interesting, I woudn't say that it's smth special or unique, but it is solid and keeps you engaged.
    Good renders and beautiful girls. The daughter is great. The wife on the other hand - very annoying.

For me the only minus that I can't play it on Mac, I got used that all AVN I buy on steam are available to play on Mac, well, not this one unfortunately. Luckily I have Windows as well.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Vechernyaya

After a promising start, the game quickly become boring and frustrating.
    The choices are meaningless, you can avoid some interactions with secondary characters, but you are forced to the daughter and the annoying wife.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

ForeverLosing

Good models, good renders, decent scene to scene writing. So why does this game only deserve three stars?

I do not believe there is a plot per f95 standards (read: incestuous) more unoriginal than the one in Lost at Birth. If you've read the title you already know exactly what happens here, so I'm not gonna delve into that. But when the official synopsis labels the main character as an "ordinary guy", believe them! And not only is he ordinary, but the main love interest is quite the average young woman herself. Seriously, I actually don't have any character descriptors for the daughter character besides "scared" and "desperate". Yikes. Not exactly who I'd want to build a life with, but I guess it allows you to score easy dad points.

Anyway, there's zero tension throughout the story even when the author really wants you to think otherwise, and zero consequences. That aforementioned "tension" includes sexual tension, by the way.

3*, but it could be improved with some scene rewrites and some expansion of the "build up" phase of the relationship.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Gimpster

what in the hell ... this is one of the most conveluted games iv seen on here ...maybe its what you choose but chapter 2 was i rener then chapter 3 WTF ... the game itelf tarts out ok but quickly goes into a sort dead end of just been boring as hell ... the renders are good the models are very good ... but tbh there is nothing here to keep you playing ... there are no animations until chapter 3 and there not that great but i just cant get past the crappy story ... sorry this one either needs a rewrite or just to be avoided
  18. 3.00 star(s)

wiwem71072

My review of Lost at Birth [Ch. 5]

This game started really strong.
    Interesting premise about MC saving his not-daughter.
    Lots of things happening and interesting story.

Unfortunately around chapter 3 or so quality and quantity fell off a cliff.
    Nothing is happening anymore, amount of content is laughable, writing is very generic and sterile...

Basically a good idea, but nothing was done with it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Simp Cattu

I haven't played for long, but I feel so intrigued I must leave a rating immediately. The writing is really natural, not so overly theatrical like other VNs, I can actually feel like it's something someone would say in real life. The poses on the other hand are quite dramatic in some scenes, and they just break the immersion. Regardless, great game, quite distinguishable from other titles with the same settings, can't wait for more from dev!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

wstlndwarrior

This review is from playing up to Chapter 4.

This game has really nice flow first in foremost. Only negative for me is the speed at which Kailey gains affection for the MC as well as the intensity. This can be overlooked since there is a time skip. However, for character and relationship building - I feel this shouldn't have been overlooked. That content is what gives greater excitement during the intimate scenes.

Long story short, I would highly recommend a playthrough. It is definitely going to be worth it when the novel is completed.