Tool Ren'Py LiveCheatMaker mod v0.3.3b (browse variables & generate a cheat menu)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Hi, agregen. I tried running this mod on my system, macOS, everything are fine except menu wouldn't be saved: "IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system"

I edited the mod on line 335, changing filename into os.path.join(config.basedir, filename) (see below):
Python:
_.SHOW, _.filename = lcm.SHOW, os.path.join(config.basedir, filename)
and now the menu can be saved.

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
Oh, that's a bug of the site; I believe it thinks this is a text file.

Right click on the link and choose “Save as…” from the popup menu (the actual wording may vary depending on your browser/locale).
sorry for the totally late reply.thanks work.but now Im having errors when opening some games.is it because of mods maybe ?

X3gold

Oct 6, 2017
PS. love this program its a great simple to use tool.thanks
It is due to the Renpy version with which the game is saved, from version 8.00 LiveCheatMaker no longer works.
But you can try to convert the games that don't work to this version with the Renpy SDK 7.5.3.

Reactions: rambo25

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
It is due to the Renpy version with which the game is saved, from version 8.00 LiveCheatMaker no longer works.
But you can try to convert the games that don't work to this version with the Renpy SDK 7.5.3.
Thanks for reply.but Im a noob when it comes to using such programs as Renpy SDK.but Ill do my due diligence and try to find out about it.thanks again

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
For some reason it doesnt work anymore in the newest LoSeSB.
Is this something on my end or did they just update something and now its incompatible?

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
Yeah it doesn't work with games using Renpy v8 (uses python 3).
thanks for clearing that up. any alternatives for that or do i just have to do it manually?
like is it possible to read a file that has all the conscole commands in it and it just does them one by one?

X3gold

Oct 6, 2017
thanks for clearing that up. any alternatives for that or do i just have to do it manually?
like is it possible to read a file that has all the conscole commands in it and it just does them one by one?
Or you convert the games that were created with Renpy 8, with the Renpy 7.6.1 SDK then it works again, you would have to convert only after each update of the game again.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
I myself prefer the UI of the LiveCheatMaker, simple and does the job. But, check this mod and this too

Last edited:

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
…Oh wow, somehow this thread has got more lively after I disappeared :D (got stuck dealing with IRL stuff)

The Python 3 thing isn't actually that hard to deal with if you know what to look for; it didn't take me much time to make a version that works on the new games without breaking it for the old ones (though just in case, I won't be removing attachments for the previous version yet)

Also included the change suggested by dikau, though I haven't got a Mac to test it on (seems to work same as before on Linux)

• Red Heart
Reactions: dikau
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote