derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I think you guys are letting the Sel hate cloud things a bit too much. After the Io thing, pretty much every character declares Nodoka terrible. Uta, who was harassed by pedophiles as a child, calls it the most disgusting thing she's ever seen. Imani, who was okay with alligators and Death Ball in her contests, immediately kicked her out. Ayane, probably the most lawful good member of the cast, mused that maybe Yumi was justified in beating her half to death. Even Otoha was disappointed. That's not a poor misunderstood genius, that's as in the wrong as a character can be.

I wouldn't see that scene as isolated from her fight with Futaba, but rather a further illustration of how fucked up her "everything would be fine if you looked at it from my perspective" mindset is. And given how explicitly she promised not to reveal Futaba's relationship earlier, and how she calls back to the lust novel thing when breaking her promise not to have sex with Akira, I'd say that Sel intended for Nodoka to be a massive self-serving hypocrite from the beginning.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I think you guys are letting the Sel hate cloud things a bit too much. After the Io thing, pretty much every character declares Nodoka terrible. Uta, who was harassed by pedophiles as a child, calls it the most disgusting thing she's ever seen. Imani, who was okay with alligators and Death Ball in her contests, immediately kicked her out. Ayane, probably the most lawful good member of the cast, mused that maybe Yumi was justified in beating her half to death. Even Otoha was disappointed. That's not a poor misunderstood genius, that's as in the wrong as a character can be.
I guess you are right, but it was less any emotion i have towarda sel and more the fact that the girls still did appear at her little sex event that let me sort of forgot about those things. I mean i can see Kirin just not caring, Makoto still on her "everything resets nothing matters" trip, Sana been too horny because of what the sexgods did to her. But i am still disapointed that Ron, Molly and Noriko did appear and have seemingly no problem with what she did. Because i really cant find any excuse for those three to appear. I mean molly and ron may have been gotten the hornies and noriko was dragged along by kirin, but that is just not enough.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I guess you are right, but it was less any emotion i have towarda sel and more the fact that the girls still did appear at her little sex event that let me sort of forgot about those things. I mean i can see Kirin just not caring, Makoto still on her "everything resets nothing matters" trip, Sana been too horny because of what the sexgods did to her. But i am still disapointed that Ron, Molly and Noriko did appear and have seemingly no problem with what she did. Because i really cant find any excuse for those three to appear. I mean molly and ron may have been gotten the hornies and noriko was dragged along by kirin, but that is just not enough.
Kind of been waiting to see if anyone else pointed this out, but Noriko probably still doesn't know about the Io thing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rin somewhat cares (Horny always wins out), but the rest that went didn't seem to care much.

Noriko might be mad when she finds out, albeit Nodoka did apologize at the beginning of her 'Meet & Fuck' Chapter 4 Event. Of course, until she apologizes to Io (and Uta), it's somewhat pointless, and it's not really something you can take back, anyway.

What do you mean by that?
Also, why do gods Gods try to make us rape everyone?
HOPE seemed to make Sana extra horny throughout Chapter 3, and it seemed to want Sensei to take something he shouldn't for HOPE which was presumably Sana in Chapter 3. The gods/USERs supposedly feel what Sensei does, so when he gets laid, so do they.

Specific girls or intentions may also make them stronger? It's not entirely clear.

Edit: Locations also probably play a factor.

Reactions: Moonflare

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
What do you mean by that?
Where are you right now? Because just a second before i did press post reply i thought that instead of not remembering, you might not have encountered this. So, i did answer your question, but you might not want to click on the spoiler, but i leave that up to you. You have been warned.
I mean that Sana has been touched by something supernatural and since that night her behaviour has changed. That was the point she started to become constantly horny and just masterbate everywhere.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Where are you right now? Because just a second before i did press post reply i thought that instead of not remembering, you might not have encountered this. So, i did answer your question, but you might not want to click on the spoiler, but i leave that up to you. You have been warned.
I mean that Sana has been touched by something supernatural and since that night her behaviour has changed. That was the point she started to become constantly horny and just masterbate everywhere.
I finished the game, I am just not sure in which event it occurred, Earliest I remember her being hypersexual is when she got caught masturbating in a toilet...

I suppose I'll need to replay the whole game to start putting puzzle pieces together...

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I finished the game, I am just not sure in which event it occurred, Earliest I remember her being hypersexual is when she got caught masturbating in a toilet...

I suppose I'll need to replay the whole game to start putting puzzle pieces together...
Oh, you have catched up? Well, better save then sorry and i dont remember the name of the event myself. I just remember it happened during the night and before all of this started with her.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Oh, you have catched up? Well, better save then sorry and i dont remember the name of the event myself. I just remember it happened during the night and before all of this started with her.
I will most likely replay the whole game next time update comes rolling around so I can catch up... not fuck up any choices... understand references... and experience heart-break as I see Maya getting fucked out of existence once again..

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
If you assume, that Sana was almost caught masturbating by Sensei in , and she didn't manage to clean her hands before she invited Sensei, that scene becomes much more obvious. I think Sana always had said behaviour, it just was the first time she got caught. Himawary also told about Sana's real intentions right before alleged divine intervenrion

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

I wouldn't see that scene as isolated from her fight with Futaba, but rather a further illustration of how fucked up her "everything would be fine if you looked at it from my perspective" mindset is. And given how explicitly she promised not to reveal Futaba's relationship earlier, and how she calls back to the lust novel thing when breaking her promise not to have sex with Akira, I'd say that Sel intended for Nodoka to be a massive self-serving hypocrite from the beginning.
I mostly agree, and would just like to add that although we can't really exclude the possibility that Nodoka is a self-insert, I'd remind everyone that all characters are Selebus in some way. He's writing all of them after all, and it might be naive to simply consider that he embodies Nodoka's characteristics and not the ones from the other 35+ characters. I myself don't find Nodoka to be more of a self-insert than others, at least not in this sort of "power-trip insert of creating a character that is me inside of my work" because Nodoka is pointed out as heavily flawed inside the narrative.

All in all, I just think that, at this point in time, Nodoka's a weak character, and she's mostly used as a plot device to make things happen. Reading Nodoka's events is sometimes like "what has she done now?" - and all of it is outrageous. And if every event is outrageous the character starts to become more of a device than a real thing.

Simply put, I find her character uninteresting as an individual. I just feel like Nodoka's character arc hasn't even started, there is no conflict, no growth, just a zealot hellbent on her crusade, whilst ignoring any possibility of a meaningful reevaluation of her actions. No consequences affect her, no developments really change her outlook, there's just no change in course (she just advances in perversion). Which, by the way, would be totally fine if we didn't discuss Nodoka every 5 hours, which I think is the biggest issue - and I would just not mind most of what I said if not for the overthinking.

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Himawary also told about Sana's real intentions right before alleged divine intervenrion
Is Himawari our ally? Since she tried to protect us in 5th reset, or at least that's how I interpreted it...
Also, is it just coincidence that she looks like "Broken" Ami, but... more normal?

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
If you assume, that Sana was almost caught masturbating by Sensei in , and she didn't manage to clean her hands before she invited Sensei, that scene becomes much more obvious. I think Sana always had said behaviour, it just was the first time she got caught. Himawary also told about Sana's real intentions right before alleged divine intervenrion
I think you are right and she was, but that is still something different. That was her own dorm room. Where if not there is it okay to masterbate in peace? And just masterbating is normal. Her later behavour is not tho.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Is Himawari our ally? Since she tried to protect us in 5th reset, or at least that's how I interpreted it...
of course, she even offers you ramen

Being serious though, it depends on what an ally even is in this context. Himawari seems to have a positive outcome in mind with the things she does, and has the intent to not have Akira suffer more than necessary - So I guess she's the best ally we have so far.

As for her being broken Ami, hardly. It is implied that Akira will give her her name. Maybe she'll be Ami Arakawa the second, but for her to be an actual Ami (daughter) is doubtful.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Yo speaking of weird foreshadowing:

I hadn't thought of it before reading this, but Io and Akira do actually have incredibly similar traumas. it affects them in totally different ways, but at the same time they're also really similar. What if Io is what will gets Akira to confront his past with Sekai?

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
You know, I'm having a real hard time seeing Wires as anything but a good guy.

Can anyone reming me when he did anything against Akira?
I think it's Wires who's teleporting him around and sometimes wastes time... since in a few of Yasu's events wires changes the current time, and teleported both of them somewhere... but he never did anything distinctly against Akira... aside from when Pareidolia pretends to be him.

I hadn't thought of it before reading this, but Io and Akira do actually have incredibly similar traumas. it affects them in totally different ways, but at the same time they're also really similar. What if Io is what will gets Akira to confront his past with Sekai?
Pareidolia is just gonna make Akira traumatize Io by assaulting her, just like with Karin...

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Sign me up for that. It would also solve the issue with Akira having Uta's photo sort of, but I think it's probably too early for him to be talking about Sekai with anyone. I hope he does eventually though.

4.20 star(s) 294 Votes