Jul 25, 2022
There is a possibility that your past experience is doing more harm than good.

But even if what worked then is not what will work now, my main objective is to stay true to the legacy so that the game in normal mode is about the same level of overall difficulty and balance than version 1.7.5 and 1.2.1. You'll have to take time to relearn things and break some habits, but I hope you'll see most changes are for the better (and not the sake of difficulty).
Nah i know how your version has changed things for the most part, i beat the game ironman with fenris on 2.2.1 and johnny on 2.2.3 so i obviously manage. Haven't touched any version since then until now. I'm not the guy complaining about the difficulty either, was just agreeing with him that it's probably harder to learn than the older versions due to changes that aren't easy to find. Redid the tutorial in 2.2.9 as well, it doesn't solve all the issues but yeah it is better.

I think having an up to date wiki or better yet item effects documented in game would solve most issues. I was pissed when i bought a wedding dress for the devotion increase when in reality it's just -100 sparks and gives me nothing i want. In that way sure, legacy information hurts but if i knew that in advance i'd just not buy it.

And don't take our counter-arguments as us refusing to hear what you have to say. It's simply an exchange of point of views that may or may not lead to change. In any case, we listen to opinions and simply confront ours to it for the sake of dialectic. (y)
I hope so. I'm used to online interactions being disingenuous and hostile so maybe i'm being uncharitable in assuming the worst.

In the first save she is already 6 days pregnant, but So far not seeing how she got that way...
That's how it was when i opened the tin sir, i swear i did not stick my dick in it. One thing i forgot to mention is i did beat her unconscious on day 1 after the first arena fight in order to get the collar on so she wouldn't escape but that wouldn't have any bearing on it.

Technosphere won't be able to detect it yet.
Hold on, the literal cyberwizards of the technosphere can make women lay ostrich sized eggs, fix any level of scarring without a trace and permanently alter someone's appearance all taking only a few hours with the patient able to walk home immediately afterwards and have also mastered cryogenically freezing people without causing cell explosion to such a degree they sell them as appliances for little over the price of a dozen eggs. And yet no combination of their sci-fi wizardry and actual wizardry is capable of detecting a fertilized egg on day 1? I clearly remember them being able to in the past and my memory is infallible.

Yes, that is workable.
Hmm probably possible to complete on doc, $1k is a lot. Not sure about profitable or that harder characters could do it but i'll give it a go.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
My rebellious arena slave that's never done any sexual training or been punished other than light scolding suddenly got pregnant after her 4th win. The process with her has been fight in the arena - get rewarded - heal at cryosphere (so i know it's recent) - rest for 2 days - go in cryo - repeat. The sole exception to this is between the 3rd and 4th win where she'd become obedient enough to agree to maid and dancing training and did that for a few days. The only way this makes any sense to me is if the cryosphere techs are helping themselves to her while she's on ice which reveals a shocking lack of ethics from the honorable businessmen of eternal rome.
If I understand correctly, of her 16 days owned, she has spent most of them in cryo storage? If so... could be that her pregnancy is from when she was generated (due to previous sexual experience: note she is not a virgin) and it took this long to notice because it only progresses when she is not iced.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hold on, the literal cyberwizards of the technosphere can make women lay ostrich sized eggs, fix any level of scarring without a trace and permanently alter someone's appearance all taking only a few hours with the patient able to walk home immediately afterwards and have also mastered cryogenically freezing people without causing cell explosion to such a degree they sell them as appliances for little over the price of a dozen eggs. And yet no combination of their sci-fi wizardry and actual wizardry is capable of detecting a fertilized egg on day 1? I clearly remember them being able to in the past and my memory is infallible.
Correct. The egg isn't necessarily fertilized on day 1 (i.e. day when the relevant sex act occurs). Sperm sloshing around does not a guaranteed baby make. They can tell you if the slave is infertile and they provide cheap sterilization procedures. If you don't take advantage, you are rolling the dice.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
valuable? I don't think they give more money?
I have not
Not intrinsically, but if the mission isn't to produce a concubine would you train up her sex skills? Concubine forces you to do so, which almost always means you'll end up with a higher quality than D-rank. You might have to do a bit of extra common skills training to qualify, but if you've done the work to raise her sex skills already then it's not a big stretch to do the rest. So it's basically encouraging you to over-deliver. Of course if her Beauty is low then you're limited by that, but you can always send her to the arena a few times along the way to raise her fame (cheaper than Neoplasty and pays for itself plus a bit). So you should at the very least be able to get a concubine to C+ rating.

Jul 25, 2022
If I understand correctly, of her 16 days owned, she has spent most of them in cryo storage? If so... could be that her pregnancy is from when she was generated (due to previous sexual experience: note she is not a virgin) and it took this long to notice because it only progresses when she is not iced.
She's most likely been thawed for 6 days total as of that save

Correct. The egg isn't necessarily fertilized on day 1 (i.e. day when the relevant sex act occurs). Sperm sloshing around does not a guaranteed baby make. They can tell you if the slave is infertile and they provide cheap sterilization procedures. If you don't take advantage, you are rolling the dice.
Fair enough, mystery solved i suppose.

Max&Chloe

Mar 16, 2021
The game has been made significantly easier for v2.2.3. The starting amount of money should allow you to make mistakes and still turn a profit.

1 thorn of rebellion is enough to be obeyed for 80% of non-sexual lessons, it isn't bad.

Your slave has barely anything in awareness, taming and devotion.

Important to note, her mood is very low. Hard to get her to listen well during lessons.

Her traits and stats might also not been the best for you to make a quick buck.

ImperatorAugustus manages a 0 start with Johny in hard obedience difficulty. We'll never release a version in which it is not possible, and there needs to be several viable strategies.

So this shows you that you have room for progression, and strategies to invent and try out :coffee:

Have you read and completed the tutorial for all three characters in v2.2.3 yet?

I wonder which changes exactly.

It wouldn't help if you claim: "the changes that made the game harder than v1.7 or v1.2.1", because we never aimed to make it harder than those, just more realistic. Maybe it is harder, by accident. But some things have been made objectively easier since (the fact you don't need to pay a nutritionist if you or your assistant can fit that role, or the obedience thresholds for cleaning on most slaves, etc.)
thanks for your replays, I will give another shot the other day. Sorry for my attitude.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
I tested out quick change and while it's not automatic it's usable and save clicks, which I like
also what do you think about another default set called mood boost or comfort or something like that
this should equip the slave with her most comfortable clothes to boost her mood (and collar too maybe)
is it worth it? idk I think it will be used maybe once or twice for new slaves at most

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I tested out quick change and while it's not automatic it's usable and save clicks, which I like
also what do you think about another default set called mood boost or comfort or something like that
this should equip the slave with her most comfortable clothes to boost her mood (and collar too maybe)
is it worth it? idk I think it will be used maybe once or twice for new slaves at most
There are many items that can improve mood, depending on circumstances. By wearing them you may be losing other bonuses in those slots. How to choose which to sacrifice? I decided not to get into that level of optimization for now.

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
There are many items that can improve mood, depending on circumstances. By wearing them you may be losing other bonuses in those slots. How to choose which to sacrifice? I decided not to get into that level of optimization for now.
what I was thinking is equip them all (I know they don't stack but whatever)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
what I was thinking is equip them all (I know they don't stack but whatever)
That would replace whatever else was worn in those slots, which comes at a price depending on what you intend to do next, which the game wouldn’t know. So unless we auto-swap with optimal items automatically, it would not be very useful.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Found another bug
I have a new slave and an assistant
Active sex with assistant -> Caress/start sex/Plays all lead to it showing the slave saying the bitch resists
dev build updated: fixed active sex refusals always showing slave image instead of assistant

Isabella will refuse some things in that save because she only has 5 obedience. But she did not refuse caress or start sex.

Reactions: BliniKot
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes