Jul 13, 2022
Btw chinesewarrior, the dev just pubslished his usual saturday post to show his progress for chapter 1 season 2.

He made 1197 pictures renders so far
205 animations

And you said he is lazy ?
When I compare with other devs from here who work alone for all that must be done (story, coding and rendering) he is not lazier than them : on average devs from here make between 500 and 600 renders per two months.

You do not know what you are talking about, that is true....
Well, considering last update with new content / materials was 9 months ago, 1197 render and 205 animations since that time are less than I expected I would say :D

I would prefer 500 render per two moths routine, overall it makes more than 2000 renders in a year.

And for your previous comment, you have a point in your argument with investor perspective. Yes those regular reports like what we done this week from slack jira etc are might be good signs for them.

But in here I am loooking from end user / consumer perspective and there is no new content new material for last 8-9 months this is a fact.

I have very negative views about subscription in general, not just patreon all kind of subscriptions, streaming platforms etc Subscription system usually takes creativity away , it's easy money. and easy money always makes people lazy. Very few people keep their discipline.

In the beginning of their journey all VN share new contents in considerably short time and update oftenly to gain followers. After certain number of subs gained, their goal for income accomplished. Then, updates delay ))

This is not just this game, all other big games here doing this, they lack update after certain time.

If you and other supporters like you even stop supporting just for 1 month, suddenly IoM will start to get regular 2 months updates ))

HikBenAkk

Jan 17, 2021
To be fair, it shouldn't be compared to developers who are lazy, it should be compared upwards rather and it is true that although a lot of work has been done since the last update, it has also been a long time since the 1st season ended.
I agree 100%. This dev has to improve in project management I think (from what I see from Patreon/Discord)... In my opinion, he may waste time when performing some features and he may underestimate the actual time required for some tasks... And from a dev perspective, time always flows by too fast... ^^
That is common to all devs... There is NO dev who never had such problems ^^
I have faith in this dev to be able to improve about that... He is dedicated and for more than two years (this project started in july 2021) : usually amateur devs fall and give up between the first and second year of development (if not earlier) because they did not manage to make their private life and the time spent on dev work together (or if they are bad at coding and continue has become a nightmare). If after two years, they still work on their project, like this dev, we can think they manage to find their balance...

Btw, you said and respected the magic word : to be fair... ;)
Unfairness, dishonesty in posts is what makes me react here...

Last edited:

HikBenAkk

Jan 17, 2021
Finally a post from you that does not make me "mad at you" :p
You know... about being fair...

Well, considering last update with new content / materials was 9 months ago, 1197 render and 205 animations since that time are less than I expected I would say :D
The remastering ended in december 2023 and the dev started working on the current update in January 2024... The dev is not bad in my opinion... not good (fast).. Just average...

I would prefer 500 render per two moths routine, overall it makes more than 2000 renders in a year.
Who would not like it to be that way ?? ;) :LOL:
This dev has to improve...
And I can understand it is not easy : an update must have an introduction and a conclusion (with some cliffhanger for example). Some devs may want to tell a lot from the story they have in mind and it requires some discipline to say "stop" and postpone content to next update... Who knows ?

And for your previous comment, you have a point in your argument with investor perspective. Yes those regular reports like what we done this week from slack jira etc are might be good signs for them.
The dev makes a good job there and if you saw his reports you could "feel" the work done behind them.

But in here I am loooking from end user / consumer perspective and there is no new content new material for last 8-9 months this is a fact.
That is a mistake to have such perspective... Incompatible with Patreon (and the other similar platforms) business model. I think you are aware of that, I have read what you wrote after that.

I have very negative views about subscription in general, not just patreon all kind of subscriptions, streaming platforms etc Subscription system usually takes creativity away , it's easy money. and easy money always makes people lazy. Very few people keep their discipline.
Easy ? Define easy...
Most of devs here struggle to find more than 100-200 subscribers... and they do not all give 15 bucks... Usually the minimum...

I have another explanation (but it is only my opinion), projects for rookie devs are always easy at beginning with outstanding progression because there is no technical debt : they are able to ship often. After a while (let say a year of dev), it becomes far more difficult if mistakes have be done and technical debt grows... That said, tests take more and more time...

I am confident about this dev here : he said he spent time at the beginning of season 2 working on improving the code base : at least that proves he is not a rookie in coding he is aware he needs a good code quality to not waste time there later.

In the beginning of their journey all VN share new contents in considerably short time and update oftenly to gain followers. After certain number of subs gained, their goal for income accomplished. Then, updates delay ))

This is not just this game, all other big games here doing this, they lack update after certain time.

If you and other supporters like you even stop supporting just for 1 month, suddenly IoM will start to get regular 2 months updates ))
I think your main concern is not this game but the business model of Patreon as you said it above... What you think about it concerns only you, I will never judge that. HeroHate with his always ambiguous way of speaking (supporting this game is insanity) speaks not only for him but this can also be understood he tries include all people here and it can deceive newcomers : unacceptable for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrea9999

Guszti242

Mar 6, 2024
Helló! Tudnátok segíteni, hogy letöltöttem a játékot és minden el van rontva a nyelvi beállításokkal kapcsolatban. Semmit nem lehet olvasni. Mi lehet a probléma, tudnátok segíteni

Reactions: kritoku

Guszti242

Mar 6, 2024
Helló!! Van egy kis problémám a játékkal. Remélem tud segíteni. Az a bajom, hogy kimosódik a szöveg és kilép a játék. Mit tehetek, hogy ez ne forduljon elő? mit kell letöltened. Előre is köszönöm a választ.

HikBenAkk

Jan 17, 2021
Seems like its one of these devs they do more cross promotions than working on the game. This can be marked as abandoned already, the game will not be finished.
Just checked in patreon (it took less than 10 sec) : the dev did 11 cross promotions in almost three years (project started in July 2021) : is that a lot ?

This dev is working : whether you admit it or not... His regular posts on patreon are facts about that.

You can complain it takes time, the game to be finished one day or not only depends on one thing : the dev's will to continue.

Most games here that are finished and providing substantial content took years to be completed... We all wish reality to be better than that but we must be realistic about what development is.

Last edited:

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Well, sometimes i can understand the lack of update, sometimes it is life taking over or not finding the time anymore or dislike the game itself as a dev. A lot of devs work ahead and have 1 or 2 updates finished before they release the VN/Game. After that its a question of not falling behind on certain schedules. It just takes a good amount of time to deliver something good. Now although i do like IoM very much, it's more or less the question how many update a year you want to send out to please your sponsors and then comes the rest of the bunch. If you want fi to have a update every 2 months, people will complain how small the update is. Is it 2 and it costs half a year then it's too slow. So mostly thats why al the other stuff, weekly pics or christmas/halloween addons are created, just too please...
But i can understand the cristisim about this one a little bit, because it taking a lot longer then normal for this dev and thats a bit annoying, but i still believe we get something good in return for the wait so its not the end of the world

Jul 13, 2022
Well, sometimes i can understand the lack of update, sometimes it is life taking over or not finding the time anymore or dislike the game itself as a dev. A lot of devs work ahead and have 1 or 2 updates finished before they release the VN/Game. After that its a question of not falling behind on certain schedules. It just takes a good amount of time to deliver something good. Now although i do like IoM very much, it's more or less the question how many update a year you want to send out to please your sponsors and then comes the rest of the bunch. If you want fi to have a update every 2 months, people will complain how small the update is. Is it 2 and it costs half a year then it's too slow. So mostly thats why al the other stuff, weekly pics or christmas/halloween addons are created, just too please...
But i can understand the cristisim about this one a little bit, because it taking a lot longer then normal for this dev and thats a bit annoying, but i still believe we get something good in return for the wait so its not the end of the world
This is my first VN game actually in this site, that's how I started to play adult VN games, through IoM. I like the story and the character, model is unique good. The thing is, since these adult games are subscription based there are too many frauds.

For example there is this game called Jessica Oneils Hard News , in one of the last pages one guy exposed the dev stating that "these dev getting 1678$ for doing nothing"

And really, for the last 7 months no update from that game. this makes 20k usd a year for doing "nothing". Nothing because games graphic quality not that good, I believe there was no animation or very little animation. So an update for Jessica is a 2-3 weeks of work tops.

For example the game Lisa has also no animation but renders are too high quality. So it might take some time to produce. but it also taking long. But for Lisa, I can't say the Dev is fraud yet.

But I can definitely say for the game Jessica, dev is really suspicious.

I mean its free world, subs can pay the dev if they want of course. But for doing nothing, it's really really a good money.

Patreon subs system has advantages, but it's very open to misuse / abuse.

Reactions: mrazan and podkop09

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
This is my first VN game actually in this site, that's how I started to play adult VN games, through IoM. I like the story and the character, model is unique good. The thing is, since these adult games are subscription based there are too many frauds.

For example there is this game called Jessica Oneils Hard News , in one of the last pages one guy exposed the dev stating that "these dev getting 1678$ for doing nothing"

And really, for the last 7 months no update from that game. this makes 20k usd a year for doing "nothing". Nothing because games graphic quality not that good, I believe there was no animation or very little animation. So an update for Jessica is a 2-3 weeks of work tops.

For example the game Lisa has also no animation but renders are too high quality. So it might take some time to produce. but it also taking long. But for Lisa, I can't say the Dev is fraud yet.

But I can definitely say for the game Jessica, dev is really suspicious.

I mean its free world, subs can pay the dev if they want of course. But for doing nothing, it's really really a good money.

Patreon subs system has advantages, but it's very open to misuse / abuse.
Jessica O'Neil has been around for years, so the patrons of that game no full well, how slowly the Dev works on it. But it doesn't appear to bother them at all. When people do that, it usually means there's a good reason for it. A lot of people like that game, and enjoy it for what it is, and because of that, they're prepared to wait a very long time between updates. It's a very slowburn game, and I can understand why some people find that attractive, even if I don't. Most patreons are knowlegeable enough to know when a Dev is taking advantage, and if a large number of them continue to support a project like Jessica O'Neil for an extended period. The likelihood that the Dev is abusing their trust, is close to zero.

Prayforme

Oct 25, 2022
Jessica O'Neil has been around for years, so the patrons of that game no full well, how slowly the Dev works on it. But it doesn't appear to bother them at all. When people do that, it usually means there's a good reason for it. A lot of people like that game, and enjoy it for what it is, and because of that, they're prepared to wait a very long time between updates. It's a very slowburn game, and I can understand why some people find that attractive, even if I don't. Most patreons are knowlegeable enough to know when a Dev is taking advantage, and if a large number of them continue to support a project like Jessica O'Neil for an extended period. The likelihood that the Dev is abusing their trust, is close to zero.
Stopper's patrons are simps who don't know what testosterone is, absolute cuckolds ready to gobble up whatever is thrown at them, once a year, for a couple minutes, no self-respect, slaves and hostages to the successful Jessica O'Neil character from Stopper's unfortunate history. I supported him with money, but when they started feeding me crap time after time with a whiny story, I told him everything I thought of him and unsubscribed. There are many other decent products with a professional and responsible attitude towards their game.

Jul 13, 2022
Actually I really want to support a game here, but I am observing them for a period very very few can give regular updates with satisfying work.

First I thought A Wife And Mother, but turns out its the worse. I really like IoM but after this 1 year update, this is a big no for me. Anna Exciting Affection started to do very trash content, especially last one was like maybe 2 3mins of content.

Right now, only logical game to support for me is maybe Fashion Business. In general updates are good, kinda on time. I like the MC. Only minor issue is the behaviour of MC and some story inconsistencies.

I texted the Dev, if he respond and says its possible to implement my suggestion on someway (which is very easy to implement and won't break anything) I will support FB.

Reactions: Guszti242

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Stopper's patrons are simps who don't know what testosterone is, absolute cuckolds ready to gobble up whatever is thrown at them, once a year, for a couple minutes, no self-respect, slaves and hostages to the successful Jessica O'Neil character from Stopper's unfortunate history. I supported him with money, but when they started feeding me crap time after time with a whiny story, I told him everything I thought of him and unsubscribed. There are many other decent products with a professional and responsible attitude towards their game.
I've never subscribed to that game, and I have no particular interest in it, because I'm not a big fan of ultra slowburn games. But if other people are, who am I to deny them? I don't really understand your vitriol against this Dev for creating this kind of game? If I don't like a game, I don't get all worked up about it, I just don't play it.

Reactions: sava75 and lemaro

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Actually I really want to support a game here, but I am observing them for a period very very few can give regular updates with satisfying work.

First I thought A Wife And Mother, but turns out its the worse. I really like IoM but after this 1 year update, this is a big no for me. Anna Exciting Affection started to do very trash content, especially last one was like maybe 2 3mins of content.

Right now, only logical game to support for me is maybe Fashion Business. In general updates are good, kinda on time. I like the MC. Only minor issue is the behaviour of MC and some story inconsistencies.

I texted the Dev, if he respond and says its possible to implement my suggestion on someway (which is very easy to implement and won't break anything) I will support FB.
So out of all the many possibilities, you chose the two most slowburn games on this site? And Fashion Business, is like a hopeless grind, where you have to endlessly repeat the same scenes to get anywhere. 'Anna' is miles better than that. Before you were talking about Devs being lazy with content, well Fashion Business is a prime example of that. Because the Dev of that game relies heavily on endless grinding, to make it appear he's producing more content than he is. It does have some good sex scenes, but it's totally spoiled by the insanely repetitive grinding, which is there purely to flesh out the game.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Devs are not in the habit of changing things, to get one more subscriber. The only way you can realistically influence a Dev is by becoming an active patron, and persuading other patrons to go along with your point of view. If enough patrons are saying the same thing, a good Dev is much more likely to listen.

Last edited:

Prayforme

Oct 25, 2022
I've never subscribed to that game, and I have no particular interest in it, because I'm not a big fan of ultra slowburn games. But if other people are, who am I to deny them? I don't really understand your vitriol against this Dev for creating this kind of game? If I don't like a game, I don't get all worked up about it, I just don't play it.
I have no raging emotions towards the developer, once it became a total frustration towards him, when you've been paying him every month for two years and he blatantly lies, patience runs out. I have a simple attitude towards games, if a developer disappoints, I just walk away from him. I don't wait, I don't hope for a miracle, I just walk away. As for IoM, I bought the game in steam, and I'm sure that the upcoming update of the first episode, the second season, will take much more than 4-5 minutes. If you compare it to Stopper's game.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I have no raging emotions towards the developer, once it became a total frustration towards him, when you've been paying him every month for two years and he blatantly lies, patience runs out. I have a simple attitude towards games, if a developer disappoints, I just walk away from him. I don't wait, I don't hope for a miracle, I just walk away. As for IoM, I bought the game in steam, and I'm sure that the upcoming update of the first episode, the second season, will take much more than 4-5 minutes. If you compare it to Stopper's game.
I only subscribe to games that I'm really invested in. Using this site, I can play games for free first, and that way there are no unpleasant surprises. I don't mind slowburn games, but some like Jessica O'Neil and A Wife and Mother, take it to extremes, and I eventually got bored of waiting for anything significant to happen. So I get the frustration, but it's not worth getting worked up about. And if other people choose to carry on supporting these Devs, well I don't really care. It's there money, and they can do what they want with it.

I play a lot of games on this site. When I first started, I'd get frustrated waiting months and months for updates of my favourite games to drop. But as I started playing more and more games, eventually it bothered me less and less, because I was concentrating on the next new game. These days I barely notice the time between updates, because at any one time, I'm literally playing well over a hundred titles. And there are new updates for at least one of these games literally everyday. I think at the moment, there's about 20 games on my to do list. And I never get frustrated anymore waiting

Reactions: frankiller79
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes