Unreal Engine - Completed - In the house where Yamaba is [v2024-05-05] [musou_kenzen]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Friurier

Why you all give it 3 stars when even worse games get 4-5 stars, have you even played it? There is some kind of gameplay here, a goal, not just fucking. The game is not a masterpiece but it is good, everyone on this site has strange tastes. Games with disgusting fetishes get 5 stars, trash games made in ren'py in like 5 days with stock animations get 5 stars, but here everyone decided to give 3.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Lunarflara

Review version: v2024-05-05

- [ Pros ] -
    Progression is rather simple as you collect the three talisman, they spawn new Oni and advance their scenes whilst also granting a new tool to use for progression.

There are a decent amount of scenes with a decent amount of variety. There is definitely room for more but they do have enough to look forward to when progressing.

The struggle part of the scenes is piecing together sentences before your Ero gauge fills up and you come. It's a good threat whilst also not being too tedious. Something quite a few H-Games fail at with grabs like this.

Puzzles are easy enough once you actually get to doing them. There's only really one puzzle that's finicky to do. The rest are rather straight forward.

Game is short but sweet, The first ending was a great end to it... why couldn't it have been the only ending.

- [ Cons ] -
    The Stealth gameplay isn't great, Stealth is almost pointless. The problem is that the Oni tend to linger where they are. They 'guard' more than they 'patrol'. As a result it's easier to just bait them somewhere else.

There is a major lack of direction. I heavily recommend using the provided walkthrough and map as you'll be wandering around for ages otherwise. I was able to get through without it but it was a lot of me just wandering for ages.

It's way too friggin' dark! Like it's fine before you pick up the first talisman but once those lights go out you can't see jack shit! You can adjust that one Japanese setting and it makes it easier to see. However, it's still too friggin' dark! I played the game using console commands to make it brighter. Heavily recommend doing so.

The Talisman are pretty much only used as 'Keys'. Honestly I feel like it'd be better if they had more variety as tools instead of just being used for going through specific roadblocks. (flammable walls, pots, getting the gate key)

Glitches. Oh glitches. Sometimes after you escape a grab you'll just straight up fall through the map! There is no teleport trigger to send you back like you'd expect so you just have to restart. There's also the Shed where you can place the wood talisman into the bucket without actually having the wood talisman...

The translation is okay. I personally don't have a problem with bad translation as long as it's readable. The only problem is that some parts are just not translated for some reason. Like that one setting in the menu or the rotating door room. It's not too bad but it still sucks.

Settings are a bit weird, you can exit without saving your settings and it will apply but once the level reloads it will revert back to default settings, It's weird.

The second ending. Fuck the second ending. You get cucked by your 'master' as he fucks the Purple haired Oni. Shit ain't cool. Not a fan.

- [ Conclusion ] -
    It's a generally good game, 3 stars is a fine score for it, It does good with a good few flaws sprinkled about. If you're willing to work around the flaws it's a fine game. 3/5 - Decent game.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Lorik

Мне как человеку который знает англ 50-50 крайне сложно подбирать правильное значение слов )) ну зато дополнительное обучению языку xD!
    As a person who knows English 50-50, it is extremely difficult for me to choose the correct meaning of words)) well, but additional language learning xD
    !Pluses:Плюсы:
    good graphics, хорошая графика:
    gorgeous animations, Шикарная Анимация:
    !Minuses:Минусы:
    It is difficult to escape from capture,Сложно выбраться из захвата:
    Part of the text has not been translated into English!! and I don't know English well enough))!Часть текста не переведена на англ !!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Das Ras

It's pretty decent. A fun little puzzle game with an environment that is way too dark. If you cheat to up the brightness and save often so you don't get caught by an unfortunate clip through the floor, you'll have a decent time. Nothing too crazy great though.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

a820802

almost blind in the dark due to half of the menu is not working including contract setting. unskippable cut scene. fell through the floor a few times after cutscene. You cant open menu during play(forced to restart after falling through the floor.)

voiced but not worth your time atm, wait for update.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Mces

Very nice game for, what i assume, was the first from the developer. It was a bit clunky and very frustrating for me at times but it grew on me the more i unlocked.

I really liked the style choices of the onis and the Map/Level design as a whole. It adds to the atmosphere feeling like a labyrinth of sorts. Maybe there could have been a few more added characteristics to each room to make it easer to pin point your current location. I think the Enemy path finding and behaviour was well programmed. The idea of making the player complain about the darkness level in the beginning, just to turn it to straight black after the first talisman was hilarious for me. You kinda get used to it over time. The jumpscare of the big oni girl appearing straight out of the wall gave me nice resident evil vibes and even brought my pulse up a notch. Though i have to critic. Its incredibly hard to run away from the big oni girl. If you end up in a small corridors corner you are doomed, because even if you push her away you are unable to walk past her. This leaded to some frustrating and unfair restarts and didn't seem intended by the game. I also would have loved getting at least a few more after scenes(loops) after the bad endings. I mean, this is kinda the most interesting thing for the player to see where his character ends up if he loses. Or at least a fade out and fade in to a loop where the char is sourrounded and gets girly handled till you press a button. I don't even care if the scenes are just reused shown in 3d person instead of first person with a bit new dirty text lines...it all adds to the imagination and thus adding replay value for me (its an hgame after all). I also was stuck and needed to use the Game Guide, from ci-en.dlsite, 2 times during my playthrough. Would have loved, if it would have been in the games folder from the get go, but i appreciate, that the dev put a manual inside the games folder to give hints and tips.I also saw both final endings and appreciate the dev putting them in. , but didn't like the implementation that much. To much slo motion effect, very few text lines,

Overall I can tell, the dev had put a lot of time and love into the game. For me its worth the price and would play it again (if more afterscenes were to be added into it^^).