3D-Daz Fan Art Holiday Island: Art Assets and Fan Art Thread

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
Been spending some time on a side project would this be a good place to drop a HI mod for Beat Banger? Or is crossing between games frowned upon when it's a fan mod and not the dev?

Also curious if I missed any opinions shared about the AI posts, saw the question posed, but wasn't sure if it was answered.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Also curious if I missed any opinions shared about the AI posts, saw the question posed, but wasn't sure if it was answered.
I've not had any reply from darkhound1, but I would certainly not recommend applying AI (i.e. img2img) to someone else's fanart without prior approval.
As to pure AI-generated images (i.e. txt2img), I guess it depends how close it is to the DAZ stuff.

Personally, provided it's reasonably faithful to the game, I'd say go ahead.
But "Here's a photo-realistic 'Alice' with black hair, mecha armour, a face more like Emily Ratakowski and a flat chest" is likely to be frowned upon!

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
I've not had any reply from darkhound1, but I would certainly not recommend applying AI (i.e. img2img) to someone else's fanart without prior approval.
As to pure AI-generated images (i.e. txt2img), I guess it depends how close it is to the DAZ stuff.

Personally, provided it's reasonably faithful to the game, I'd say go ahead.
But "Here's a photo-realistic 'Alice' with black hair, mecha armour, a face more like Emily Ratakowski and a flat chest" is likely to be frowned upon!
There was someone here who created a pretty good AI Alice. Look back in this thread. BTW I say it too, DAZ works and AI works are two different things.

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
There was someone here who created a pretty good AI Alice. Look back in this thread. BTW I say it too, DAZ works and AI works are two different things.
Yeah, I mostly lurk around here and post to help people troubleshoot DAZ assets. Saw the LoRAs mentioned earlier and figured I may be able to do a few tweaks to this side project, and was curious if there were thoughts posted.

Jimwalrus wasn't doing much with the existing fan art or any significant changes other than style. Now that I think about it though, giving Yvette some cat ears would fit BB's genre. I was just using img2img to adjust the style a bit to see if I could make it fit the UI of the mod a bit better, and test out workflow for animations. Which was the underlying goal of working on this mod, to see if I could improve my workflow on animations. And of course that means I'm on my second re-work...

Maybe I'll post a clip once I finish the current update pass.

Reactions: Jimwalrus

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
We've had Eva as a vampire and the girls as zombies without much fan fair. However, having the girls wear sexy costumes has been suggested on the main page many times. I think seeing Yvette in a cat costume, Natasha as Uhuru, or Yumiko as a geisha would be very well received.
I say try it and see.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
One thing artists might want to do is give permission for DH or fanfic writers to use their art.
While DH prefers to use his own, I'd like it if all of the fan made pics could be used for sexting.

• Love
Reactions: junior366