Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
No matter how I enter it https://f95zone.to/threads/elena-quest-migrant-maiden-v1-07-milk-seeki.73487/ even entering a single word then checking all of the returns, it will not show up on my client.
Well its not on the GL metadata server. tid would need to trigger a scrape of that game to add it to the database.
You can always look up titles and info the server has on the website.

Though, i thought the client where supposed to be able to parse data on its own now. hmmm rare to find titles not on the server though, must have had no updates on F95 when the server has been scraping or been missed in the first scrape or been down when an update was released.

You are also supposed to be able to just add a thread id here to add the game. but i guess it doesnt work on titles not on the server.
1650887457365.png

Reactions: Lurkin23

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The RSS feed scraper on the server seems down and has been down for a bit i believe. Server is still getting updates from the client parsing though.

Reactions: AllanBlackwater

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
oh the server got rebooted again just a moment ago?
seems so, new titles are showing up for the first time in quite some time. too bad it missed newly added titles in its down-time.

Maybe there should be a RSS feed cache system that is split apart from the scraping so it doesn't unsync? i mean the data in the rss feed is not that complex or storage heavy. not sure how you would rotate it though.

hmm maybe the scraper could delete the cached file which means new updates would just write the last changes to the cache file. that means if the scraper doesnt delete and clear it out, it will build up a backlog it can work on till its in sync.
idk, there is prob some rss specific libraries you could use with this than writing your own.

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017
For anyone who gets indexing corruption error like:
1654449345491.png
or
1654449359875.png
(tl;dr: Error while opening game details with popup including "Tags_Games index file is corrupted" or while updating "error parsing game")

^^^
This is official tool extracted from Windev that was used to create GameList. It should repair corrupted Tags_Games by reindexing correct database (how to do it inside readme included).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: CuddleBear

mraka

Jun 4, 2017
This looks really interesting, but I have one quick question.
Does it have a function to import all the games you already have?
Like give it a folder to scan and add all the games it finds to your library or would i have to add every game manually?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Does it have a function to import all the games you already have?
No, it cannot scan files and folders sadly.
This used to be a thing but it did not figure out what title it was well at all, it would need a full rewrite prob.

Right now you will have to manually search up the title in the client then click the install button then drag and drop or open the exe to install it.
Note installing can move the files for you and name it after a specific scheme if you like or leave it at its current location.
Please confirm the version you are installing is the same one noted in the install window, change if its different.

Installing a title should only take 10sec or something once you get into the flow of it.
With the newish drag and drop feature, it will allow you to have your import folder in explorer in another window and drag the exe over making it easier to stay in control and keep the speed up.

And yes, i do agree. Installing games manually like this is a hassle... i would hate to have a DB corruption and needing to install my 2800+ games.

EDIT: Sure hope tid will return to dev work on GL for a new update. IIRC i did note some UI thoughts on how bulk installing should work.

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
Hi all !
The game "The Deluca family" has no update in game list, it 's still in 0.07.2 (2021-04-24) in app and gamelist website.
The new update is off since 2 weeks ( V0.08.00) and had 2 bug fix now.
In F95 the game is today : V0.08.03
Can someone update the app please, thank by advance :)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Can someone update the game* please.
The client will pull the latest metadata from the F95 site on its own when you open the detailed view of any game.
Anyone can just open the detailed page for the game and force an update and that is then instantly pushed to the game-list metadata server.
Did just this here now so next time you refresh it should show up as an update for you.

Note that nothing stops you from manually just inputting the version value manually when you install the game either.

Reactions: Thierry29

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Something went wrong with the last update, you can download a valid version here :

just unzip the archive content in your GL directory.

Reactions: landrin

JohnSmith3216

May 19, 2020
Something went wrong with the last update, you can download a valid version here :

So nothing happens when I click that link and the update download I pulled from the website did not complete the update either

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021

Hopefully this will fix it. After updating, it's been running at high power usage without reopening the program...

Yay!

It is working again.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018

I downloaded that version, but unfortunately it lost my owned game list and I have had no updated game list since then. Is there an issue or is it at my end?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I downloaded that version, but unfortunately it lost my owned game list and I have had no updated game list since then. Is there an issue or is it at my end?
did not have issues like that. did you delete the install before doing it? cause that's not needed, just overwrite to make sure its all there really.

It should just load the settings and database location you had already set before.
I HIGHLY recommend using the portable install option.

Frankly it should be portable by default out of the box with an opt-out for those that don't want that. makes databases easier to load, control and backup.

Also the fact that we cannot see or change the db location after first boot is a bit troublesome aswell IMO. is the requirement for that window to only show when its missing a db as a whole? seems that way atleast.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
did not have issues like that. did you delete the install before doing it? cause that's not needed, just overwrite to make sure its all there really.

It should just load the settings and database location you had already set before.
I HIGHLY recommend using the portable install option.

Frankly it should be portable by default out of the box with an opt-out for those that don't want that. makes databases easier to load, control and backup.

Also the fact that we cannot see or change the db location after first boot is a bit troublesome aswell IMO. is the requirement for that window to only show when its missing a db as a whole? seems that way atleast.
Not quite sure what you mean by portable install. I downloaded the alpha.zip file posted above because I was having issues updating inside the program itself. I noticed that it gave me a new html folder that I never had before but I assumed that was some debugging thing for the alpha?
And no, I didn't delete the old install, just overwrote the files that were already there

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes