• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Is the dev moving to a new game, what happened?
No. The dev made a related side game that should be releasing relatively soon-ish, and will resume with Evermore after that. A lot of the factors that caused the last long hiatus are no longer factors for him, so I'd expect a quicker update regardless.

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
No. The dev made a related side game that should be releasing relatively soon-ish, and will resume with Evermore after that. A lot of the factors that caused the last long hiatus are no longer factors for him, so I'd expect a quicker update regardless.
So the new game is a prequel to Evermore or just in the same universe?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
So the new game is a prequel to Evermore or just in the same universe?
Evermore isn't remotely finished. Prometheus has too much integrity as a dev to suddenly end a story with a shitty rushed ending that resolves nothing, right when it's starting to pick up, only to throw out a sloppy "sequel" like certain other devs may have done. Evermore is, IIRC, still quite a ways away from even the halfway point, and Prom isn't going to stop until it's done. Dawnchaser is set in the same universe and has some minor character overlap, but the time frame of the game is significantly different. If you want the setting of Dawnchaser to be spoiled, you can read my other post about it.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Evermore isn't remotely finished. Prometheus has too much integrity as a dev to suddenly end a story with a shitty rushed ending that resolves nothing, right when it's starting to pick up, only to throw out a sloppy "sequel" like certain other devs may have done. Evermore is, IIRC, still quite a ways away from even the halfway point, and Prom isn't going to stop until it's done. Dawnchaser is set in the same universe and has some minor character overlap, but the time frame of the game is significantly different. If you want the setting of Dawnchaser to be spoiled, you can read my other post about it.
Im assuming you know the dev personally with the way you talk about him or are you just paid to be the dev's PR? lol.. and did you even read the guy's question before you replied to him?

Reactions: tslojr

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Im assuming you know the dev personally with the way you talk about him or are you just paid to be the dev's PR? lol.. and did you even read the guy's question before you replied to him?
I was an early supporter of this game, and I chat with the dev a bit in Discord. That's it.

On my post, I did read the guy's question. I even answered it in my post that you quoted. Prequels and sequels generally come after a game is completed, so I addressed the game's completion state first, with a snarky, tongue-in-cheek reference to another recent game's severe missteps. But then again, I have a different sentence above this explanation, so maybe you'll think I didn't reply to your second question, either.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I was an early supporter of this game, and I chat with the dev a bit in Discord. That's it.

On my post, I did read the guy's question. I even answered it in my post that you quoted. Prequels and sequels generally come after a game is completed, so I addressed the game's completion state first, with a snarky, tongue-in-cheek reference to another recent game's severe missteps. But then again, I have a different sentence above this explanation, so maybe you'll think I didn't reply to your second question, either.
I think DTM isn't taking into account that you were expanding on your answer to the guy's previous post as well as the actually replied post (that and they're just being snarky).

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Will the Dev focus on both games at the same time? I don't really like Shared Universes so I hope he focuses on this game first.
Evermore is still the primary focus. Dawnchaser is a side project, to provide more lore for the setting while avoiding burnout. I would expect that it would update less frequently than Evermore in general, and it could end up being shorter.

As I've said in other posts in this thread, the games are in the same universe but separated enough that the plots and characters of each game will not impact the other.

Reactions: Ekzou and slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Will the Dev focus on both games at the same time? I don't really like Shared Universes so I hope he focuses on this game first.
Here's a post from me a page earlier discussing the publicly available info regarding Dawnchasers.

Just an FYI for everyone: v0.6 is apparently half the word count of the entire game to date. It's also combat heavy according to Prometheus which may be why the update is taking longer than planned. See spoiler for relevant Discord snippet (April 29th):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Oh god please don't tell me this is going the dual game route, that shit never works and kills the hype for both games by making people wait years for either game to get meaningful progression.

Evermore's such a good, promising game that has barely taken off. :/

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Oh god please don't tell me this is going the dual game route, that shit never works and kills the hype for both games by making people wait years for either game to get meaningful progression.

Evermore's such a good, promising game that has barely taken off. :/
*Sigh* ... I really should just create a copy-paste response at this point. Or maybe I can convince Prometheus to hire me on as a CM...:unsure:

Dawnchasers - according to Prometheus - is already mostly finished and isn't intended to replace Evermore. The most likely scenario is that it'll add extra context to the lore while expanding on the worldbuilding for those who care. This is probably to avoid the codex/bestiary being clogged up more than it already will be given the scope of the story.

As for overall quality of the story in Evermore: we've just reached Act 2 at the start of v0.5, meaning we most likely have another 7 or so updates to go if they follow the same trend and 3-act structure. Prometheus may decide that more updates are necessary if certain parts of the story require further development/attention (i.e. failure routes which don't amount to an immediate death from 1 poor decision).

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Dawnchasers - according to Prometheus - is already mostly finished and isn't intended to replace Evermore. The most likely scenario is that it'll add extra context to the lore while expanding on the worldbuilding for those who care. This is probably to avoid the codex/bestiary being clogged up more than it already will be given the scope of the story.
I'm sorry. If this was mentioned somewhere on the last 2 pages then I overlooked it. Simply checked in on the game after a while, read comments about Prometheus now working on 2 games and thought it's going to be the same shit as for Ocean, recreation and others.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I'm sorry. If this was mentioned somewhere on the last 2 pages then I overlooked it. Simply checked in on the game after a while, read comments about Prometheus now working on 2 games and thought it's going to be the same shit as for Ocean, recreation and others.
You're all good. It doesn't seem like Prometheus is doing what Ocean or NiiChan are doing by developing two full sized games side-by-side. If you've ever played the Mass Effect trilogy then it's easiest to think of Dawnchasers like the comic series released in between installments.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that I emphasized parts of my response to avoid people thinking that what I was saying were official details. I'm mostly speculating on the future of Evermore as I don't know Prometheus personally.

Reactions: zeph19

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I'm mostly speculating on the future of Evermore as I don't know Prometheus personally.
As you say you are speculating and can repeat (copy/past) all you want but we have many case in this forum of how handling 2 games for one person bring more than not problems.

And Downchaser actually ate a lot of time that could've been spent on Evermore. As of since Downchaser reached the 50% avancement there is none for Evermore (at least publicly). People worries are founded so far. And words won't do, only actions will.

I like Evermore and Prometheus seems cool. Just hope his want for more not back fire. I am pessimistic by nature and like facts, no hard feelings.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
As you say you are speculating and can repeat (copy/past) all you want but we have many case in this forum of how handling 2 games for one person bring more than not problems.

And Downchaser actually ate a lot of time that could've been spent on Evermore. As of since Downchaser reached the 50% avancement there is none for Evermore (at least publicly). People worries are founded so far. And words won't do, only actions will.

I like Evermore and Prometheus seems cool. Just hope his want for more not back fire. I am pessimistic by nature and like facts, no hard feelings.
I'm not quite sure I understand how there's been "no advancement" for Evermore when it's been actively developed over the months of January through March - according to the publicly available posts on Patreon and Discord. This post here also shares a screenshot in which Prometheus mentioned spending 8 hours to work on Evermore v0.6.

For some perspective: titles like Eternum, MBIML, Artemis, and others have dev cycles ranging from 6 - 12 months for similar sized updates. Evermore v0.5 was released to the public on November 1st of last year, meaning we've just hit the 6 month marker today. I typically don't get concerned unless a dev surpasses the 1-year mark between updates as that usually - but not always - means the project is being abandoned.

This is by no mean meant to purely defend Prometheus as he's had IRL stuff in the past delay updates by over a year. He's on his second chance to maintain his community's trust in him to release updates in an appropriate timeframe. Personally - based on his posts and recent behavior - I don't believe he'll let himself mess up this time as he seems genuinely passionate about what he's created so far.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I'm not quite sure I understand how there's been "no advancement" for Evermore when it's been actively developed over the months of January through March - according to the publicly available posts on Patreon and Discord. This post here also shares a screenshot in which Prometheus mentioned spending 8 hours to work on Evermore v0.6.
Simply watch "annoucements" channel of the Discord :
  • 4th february : Evermore 53% Dawnchaser 25%
  • 20th february : Evermore N/A Dawnchaser 50%
  • 15th march : Evermore N/A Dawnchaser 75%
  • 9th april : Evermore N/A Dawnchaser trailer
So by a simple look on where it's mean to be, we can see no avancements on Evermore since 4th february. Not that Prometheus owe me anything, he should do what he wants.

Personnaly I don't really care or worry about the time between 2 updates. It takes the time it should. I just share my worries, and only time and realeases will show me if they were right or wrong. And I sincerly hope they are wrong cause this game is greet, story wise and lewd contents too. ANd that in a near future you can say "You see bASKOU, I told you so!"

Reactions: tslojr

starkj

May 17, 2022
Is Dawnchaser another game? Damn, devs really like having to work on more than 1 game, weird decision imo but oh well.

4.50 star(s) 47 Votes