Nov 9, 2023
...the dev is from Spain.
So we have a Spanish dev, making a game with Asian-ish characters (yes, I know that's a limitation of HS), in English.....

...that's kind of like the movie where you had a Scotsman playing a Spaniard and a Frenchman playing a Scotsman both of whom used a Japanese Katana.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Lolicon Kami
Nov 9, 2023
Yeah, man really loves the HS aesthetic so much that he went with the sequel version instead of switching to Daz (not that I'm complaining tho). :whistle:
Best HS characters/renders on this site. Great, fun, stories to go with them. I tried to learn HS, but just fumbled around. I come from a CAD background so Daz has been easier for me to play with. Still not dedicated enough to do anything with it though :ROFLMAO:

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
That's not the only missing tattoo in a haremette. Alex has the same issue, and this one was rather noticeable at first.
View attachment 3639542
View attachment 3639545
The flower tattoo on her left side was present in these images, as well as her introduction at the school's swimming class. Unless she got it removed with laser surgery, it vanished from v0.2 onwards just like that.
So pretty...

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't run into any legal trouble yet given the amount of stolen assets.

Yeah, man really loves the HS aesthetic so much that he went with the sequel version instead of switching to Daz (not that I'm complaining tho). :whistle:
Daz is an abomination that has singlehandedly ruined half the games on this site with its total inability to render human facial expression without transforming every model into an uncanny valley atrocity.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Man given the existence of Luna (plus the Chinese dude), I kinda just assumed the Dev was like a White American. I'm admittedly surprised.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So we have a Spanish dev, making a game with Asian-ish characters (yes, I know that's a limitation of HS), in English.....

...that's kind of like the movie where you had a Scotsman playing a Spaniard and a Frenchman playing a Scotsman both of whom used a Japanese Katana.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And the american dude plays the russian big guy with a german zweihander.

It's kinda a big deal to see a spanish dude using english this proficently. Which coming from me with my Danny Trejo and my sucking at English is kinda lame. And i'm even italian and speaking english is still sadly rare for way too many italians.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't run into any legal trouble yet given the amount of stolen assets.
Those assets are made by the HS2 modding community and are distributed for free, though. And with how limited said assets there are in HS2 when compared to Daz (with some assets just straight ports from Daz itself), devs just use what they can get. /shrugs

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Those assets are made by the HS2 modding community and are distributed for free, though. And with how limited said assets there are in HS2 when compared to Daz (with some assets just straight ports from Daz itself), devs just use what they can get. /shrugs
Hey it's not like igaf about digital theft. Most companies are usually cool with it so long as money isn't involved, which a casual glance at the patreon page will tell you is NOT the case here. They'll probably be fine. In the same way that unexploded ordinance probably won't repaint the asphalt with your brains when you pick it up. Even if it's likely a dud, they're still sitting on a ticking time bomb made out of microsoft lawyers until they rip that stuff out. I don't imagine the game benefits much from its presence anyway. But hey, who doesn't like playing with fire?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Most companies are usually cool with it so long as money isn't involved, which a casual glance at the patreon page will tell you is NOT the case here.
Patreon exists in a legal grey area in that you are essentially supporting the dev to keep doing what they're doing. The product itself is free, with the early access period mainly being used by Cari as a way to playtest for bugs and typos and fix scenes and all the stuff he might've missed during the dev period. It's also why he's genuinely pissed whenever it leaks early (as he often views the beta releases as an unfinished product not meant for public consumption), but has since come to grudgingly live with it (attributing the early leaks as an unfortunate side effect of his AVN's popularity).

I don't imagine the game benefits much from its presence anyway. But hey, who doesn't like playing with fire?
It's outright implied in the Andromeda tapes that the "assets" floating around are the OG concepts and ideas that writers/artists/creators who've dreamnt of Eternum (note: before the existence of the nerve implant) have seen and became the inspiration for the various media that we see in the real. It's a somewhat clever subversion of "Ready Player One" where instead of various IP being brought into this one melting pot of the game, it's the other way around where this higher plane of existence that the average person sometimes find themselves visiting in dreams is the source/inspiration for all of the IP that we see in the real.

So in a way, Cari has managed to weave those said assets in the narrative, thus benefitting it. Not to mention it's a lot easier to put that idea across with existing IP instead of in-universe IP that might fly over the reader's head until the William infodump early in this update.

Edit: Then again, even if you remove the assets and go with in-universe IP he's still playing with fire given that making an AVN using HS2 is already a legal quagmire in of itself, so in case it's more of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ungawa and Jonte555

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Patreon exists in a legal grey area in that you are essentially supporting the dev to keep doing what they're doing.
I'm afraid there is no legal grey area whatsoever. Even if you are producing a free product, using ip without permission is still 100% illegal. Most companies just don't care enough to pursue action, but they absolutely could if they wanted to and the law would be entirely on their side. Honestly in my assessment there is very little risk of any repercussions, but it might be worth removing the content anyways. Better safe than sorry as they say. No one thinks much of a small risk before it happens, but they'd likely regret it if indeed some passing corpo's eyes made contact and their entire career went down the drain with a single dmca.

On an unrelated note, anyone know where this is from:
1715932249756.png
Is it just base hs? Someone's oc mod? Content from some other property? I vaguely feel like I've seen it before and it's bugging me, but my mind is hardly a bastion of reliability these days (or days past, for that matter).

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm afraid there is no legal grey area whatsoever. Even if you are producing a free product, using ip without permission is still 100% illegal. Most companies just don't care enough to pursue action, but they absolutely could if they wanted to and the law would be entirely on their side. Honestly in my assessment there is very little risk of any repercussions, but it might be worth removing the content anyways. Better safe than sorry as they say. No one thinks much of a small risk before it happens, but they'd likely regret it if indeed some passing corpo's eyes made contact and their entire career went down the drain with a single dmca.
Again, hardly matters when making an AVN out of HS2 and "profiting" from it, as you say, is already technically illegal as it's not designed for that kind of purpose and goes against the HS2 ToS. Same with the existing mod community of said game ripping various assets (recent ones include hairstyles from Baldur's Gate 3, for instance) and putting it in said game for scenes and the like.

Point being, if companies go after Cari, they'd have to go after the entire Honey Select community as well since that's where he gets those assets to begin with and that said modders are the ones allowing the assets to be built in with the repack copies (which AVN devs use since they have a lot of features/mods built in from the get go that help greatly in getting shots/animations for AVNs). /shrugs

Edit: Also forgot, the "legal grey area" I'm referring to is the same legal grey area that allows machinima creators (i.e. Mans1ayer) and paid modders like to exist on Patreon. Like, they obviously utilize existing IP yet I don't see them being taken down by some legal team or whatnot...so they must be doing something right or companies just don't give a shit. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: sexypeanut
4.80 star(s) 893 Votes