Others - Completed - Chloe18 New [v1.0] [GDS]

1. 2.00 star(s)

paxtn

renders are good and the story is GDS like, but I like that stile.
    It is grindy.
    The game has some bugs.
    Every 40 days you have to restart the game. You don't have a quest tracking for endings. So onyl tryal and error. I like grindy games, but without any real good quest tracking I don't like it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

CeeJay2265

[Written after a playthrough of v1.0.]

I was a bit confused as to what exactly this game was supposed to be, so I hestitated to download it at first. Ultimately, I'm glad I overcame that hesitation. I mean, hell, we've finally got a Chloe game where she can make it all the way to the finish line and become a cheerleader, actually grabbing that ever-receding goal that has been just on the other side of the latest dick for years! I was so chuffed when I saw that, how could I resist?

JUST CHLOE THINGS
    This is a good Chloe game... and it is very much a Chloe game. Perhaps her final outing? If so, she goes out with a bang, pun intended, in this sequel to Fake Family and culmination of her quest. (Yes, BTW, it is clearly a sequel, contrary to attempts to describe it as a reboot, and no, it's not particularly concerned about continuity with the various other Chloe titles, although characters from those titles do show up.) But it very much has all the other earmarks of a Chloe title.

What I mean is that if you hated GDS' brand of humor in other games, if "grind" destroys your soul, if the constant misspellings and overall bad grammar distract you, if you don't like the way the renders or animations looked in previous titles... well, all of that is still here. Fair warning.

THE GOOD STUFF
    What makes this a solid Chloe title is that if you liked all the lewd and kinky shit in the previous games, it's also here aplenty. The happenings of previous games aren't totally retconned out, and in fact everyone knowing Chloe's slutty rep ties directly into a bunch of side-stories -- and one strand of the main plot -- in the form of sexy female acquaintances who either want Chloe's help with their own slutty endeavors or want to learn from her how to be sluttier themselves in order to get their boyfriends to pay more attention to them. ("How tasteless!" you might be tempted to cry at this point, but come on. Do you really come to a GDS game looking for classy, subtle, feminism-friendly erotica? I know I don't.)

There are also some welcome quality of life improvements, especially in the form of a cheat menu that lets you just skip a great deal of the grind if you prefer to do that. I'm assuming there's more content yet to come after version 1.0 -- the nightclub isn't in the game yet, for example -- but there's plenty to do here and it has replay value after one playthrough. The sexual content is hot AF, and I'm not one of the people who has ever had a problem with how the renders look or how Chloe looks. In fact, apart from the fact everything about this concept ties into a "reluctance" kink that really fires me up, I think the renders and animations are among the biggest attractions of these games.

What really makes a difference is that this is the first Chloe game that can authentically answer to the label "Completed," meaning that finally, it is possible to play through the story from beginning to end. Having done this and seen Chloe's "bad" ending (or one of them, anyway), I'm actually curious to see what one of the "good" endings looks like.* For perhaps the first time in a Chloe game, it feels like there are genuine stakes beyond just making the main character into the sluttiest possible version of herself.

(* It turns out there's a "good" slutty ending where all Chloe's evil scheming against Taylor and "Fat"-Beth bears fruit. Another outcome it's fun to be able to finally see!)

A FEW DRAWBACKS
    There are a couple of glitches still in evidence, albeit nothing outright game-breaking, and I'll admit I'm disappointed not to see more content for characters I've previously enjoyed, like Pizza Girl or the punk rock Tomgirl (does the latter even have a name?). And that fucking camgirl minigame... what is it with GDS and that camgirl minigame?! I don't know. I learned to kind of enjoy the Fake Family iteration, maybe I'll eventually manage the same with this one.

Those things, however, are all relatively minor gripes. They aren't what holds this back from being a five-star for me. What really costs it that final star is that, for a relatively simple game, this outing shows extremely poor performance. I'm literally running this on a gaming PC. It is still incredibly slow to load certain graphics or transition between menu items in certain situations. It almost feels like there's a slick, fancy fade or masking or transparency effect that's been integrated clumsily into the code and just isn't working well. There are also points where sex scenes seem to take forever to boot up (scene transitions in the glory hole are especially bad for this, to the point where I just found my attention wandering).

IDK, maybe this is something specific to my setup, as I haven't seen other reviews mention this issue. Be that as it may, it's always a mark off for me when the process of playing a game is drawn out just with waiting for shit to load, and I can't imagine what it would be like trying to run this on a less powerful machine.

OVERALL
    On the whole, though, this is an incredibly good erotic game that shows off the signature addictive gameplay of the best Chloe titles, focused -- as it should be -- entirely on our winning heroine. This version of Chloe more than delivers on that X-factor that has made all of these games so special and so different from anything else. If this really is the end of the Chloe saga, it's a worthy and arousing way to wrap things up, and fans of prior Chloe titles should enjoy it.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

HentaiGeheBoiz

First games were bad and this still keeps being a really bad game.

Renders look bad even on the game frontpage. Ingame they are worse. Lets add the fact that animations are just looped and feel like someone moves a slider from 0 --- 100 and back. Everyone looks ugly no matter what.

This game improves in the fact that it has less content then previous versions even. Barebones game.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Twisteder

Plenty of misspellings, overlapping text, etc... unacceptable for a "Completed" game
    Plus the platform is terrible... even trying to type anything in another window makes the game skip ahead as if I still had the game window selected
  5. 1.00 star(s)

darada999

Very poor follow-up to a mostly decent franchise, hopefully the dev can finally move on to a new project. It's not a remake of the original as the name might suggest but rather picks up where the story left off.

The issue is that all elements of the game have been stripped bare and replaced with poor substitutes. All the mini-games and events that had multiple paths are gone. The game is setup as a grind where income/expense is balanced to just give you a trickle of positive income each day while being on a dead end timer to force you to train cheer leading which takes up the whole day and cuts you from earning money.

Once again you're treated as a piece of trash as people try to ram leg length cocks up your ass while calling you a whore and spitting on you. I just don't find this type of thing to be a turn on.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

dheadmaster

This game developer frustrates me. They seem to never be able to properly finish a game since after they kind of did that for the original Chloe18 game. They come out with an idea, develop it for a few months, then abandon it. However they seem to be out of ideas, as they have decided to go down the least creative route and reboot the original (some of the events in this game no longer line up or fit in with Back to Class, Vacation or Fake Family).

While this game has better visuals, the story sucks. It's just a not as good retelling of the original. In this remake, the main character is basically a slut from day 1, instead of seeing her gradually progress into being a slut like the original Chloe18 did.

The dialogue is also not as good. The first one has some clever dialogue and some genuinely funny jokes, with some weird scenarios. This one does not have as much however.

The mini games in the original felt better also. The 2d platform mini game feels out of place here. This is also the third or fourth game with the orgy, and the Dungeons and Dragons game, and they are starting to feel old.

This game is just not as fun as the original Chloe18, it's just a blend of all of the Games GDS released after the original Chloe18. But it just looks better. GDS need to get some new ideas, some new scenarios and to advance the story of Chloe18 further.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gokkun Fan

Very nice game, reminds me of Fake Family. Beautiful graphics, good mood, nice music and of course Chloe.

Developer games are getting better and better. Don't get me wrong, I love Chloe, but the game is turning up very nicely. I recommend definitely.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

popabear

Chloe18 New [Beta1] review

What it is:
    Sandbox corruption stat grinder gameplay about a girl in high sch- *AHEM* college.

Positives
    + Amazing renders and animations.
    + A functioning story. Chloe is super naive and has trouble saying no to people and keeping her legs together in general, leading to all sorts of lewd scenarios. It's leaning heavily on GDS' rather absurd brand of humor but it absolutely works.
    + Noticeable improvements all across the board compared to earlier titles in the Chloe18 series. If you're a fan of the earlier versions of the games you'll definitely enjoy this one. It's not a remaster, it's a remake. The general idea and gameplay is pretty much the same, but there's new locations, scenes are different, the story has been changed, the cam show minigame is improved, et c. Things that were bad in earlier versions have been fixed. GDS has left no stone unturned looking for things to improve and I feel the general quality of the game has gone wayyy up. I'm also super thankful that this version comes with a cheat mod pre-installed for when the grind starts to get to you. The grind factor has always been my main criticism of GDS' work and this time around he was nice enough to fix that too. Awesome!
    + There's a lot of content, despite being an early version.

This is definitely an example of a remake done right. Someone criticized GDS for how often he restarts projects but I think a remake instead of continuing on an old project is 100 % warranted in this case. This one is much better in every conceivable way compared to the earlier titles. And the resolution is way higher.

Negatives:
    - Shit's broken, yo. There are a lot of bugs causing all sorts of issues in this version. I'll forgive it for now, considering that this is an early beta.
    - The spelling isn't perfect but it's not bad enough for me to dock points for it. (Note to dev: it's came, not cummed)

All in all, if you enjoy female protagonist corruption games this is (or will be) one of the very best ones. Just please understand that it's a beta version and expect some janky shit if you want to try it out. If you're looking for a complete polished experience then definitely wait a few updates.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Pantisocrat

The latest installment in the non-linear, non-object-permanent Chloe series. If you're a veteran of GDS games, this is what you'll expect, excellent renders in a style not quite like any other, absurd scenarios and lots of casual sex.

If you're new, let me tell you firstly that I pretty well exclusively play Ren'Py games with male MCs where the central aim is to fuck your family. So when I tell you that this custom-engine FeMC game that features no relatives of the protagonist is one of only two games I pledge to, you should at least listen to the pitch, right?

There are no games quite like the Chloe series, and while this is still in alpha, so far it's a continuation of all that is great and, honestly sometimes frustrating, about the series. The good:

- Excellent renders: not the BaDIK-type hyper-glossy style with 299 layers of reflections or whatever, but distinctive, representational figuring with naturalistic facial expressions and body language

- A wide variety of characters and scenarios: you largely pursue content if you like it and can ignore it if you don't, it's got lesbian stuff, straight stuff, BDSM, exhibitionism and (customisably) even a little incest (not with Chloe)

- Humour: I'm not going to say there are a ton of hilarious jokes and choice zingers or whatever, but the basic plausibility of the premise (girl wants to be a cheerleader) in contrast with the insanity of what Chloe ends up doing to pursue that makes the overall tenor agreeably light-hearted

- Adaptability: the ability to 'pop the hood' and fix/change things is one of the big appeals of Ren'Py. The dialogue script for this (and all GDS games since Vacations iirc) is an easily-accessible .txt file allowing you to make minor adjustments

The bad (there is some):

- Engrish: this has improved a lot since the early days, with some help from the fanbase

- Grind: it's not nearly Big-Brother levels of grind, but there is some repetition of sequences required to progress in some cases

Having seen the kinds of questions people usually ask when GDS games are pitched to them:

- You don't have to have played any of the other games to enjoy this one. There might be a jokey throwaway line or two that you don't understand, that's all. Everything else will be perfectly clear.

- Don't think of these games as a series of separate, contained adventures. Instead, see them as different versions of the same thing, improving and adapting over time.

- There aren't really any games like the Chloe games and, for better and worse, there aren't really any devs like GDS. There will be delays, there will be half-finished ideas and abandoned plotlines, responses to feedback will range from tepid platitudes to open mockery, communication with non-patrons is and will remain largely non-existent leading to sudden drops of totally unexpected material etc BUT with every release you can look at it and clearly see there is something really excellent here, that you just can't get anywhere else.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

qazwsxzxc

Chloe gives me a chance to express my sexual fantasy in different ways for years now , the stroy telling has improved every time. GDS really cares about the product he makeseventhough it may take a long time to come out. New high quality things to do every update. The story is both fun and funny at times!