oOSoulessOo

Apr 15, 2020
They try to avoid letting Steam players run into this many bugs:
View attachment 3612115
hmmmm, so what you means is those patreon supporters deserved bugs? bugs isn't a problems, stop making excuse with that, every game in EA have bugs and if more players play it can get to know more bug and fix it isn't it good? every dev have to face this problems also EA players will tolerate it coz they know this game is still in EA, so this isn't a good excuse ok, and why are u so hard-working at cover up the dev ass, are u 1 of them?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Even the last Steam build is full of bugs, such as the one that causes the game to lag when the save file goes above 10 mb, and grind to a near halt once it reaches 20 mb. I fell from a constant 30 FPS on Steam Deck to single digit framerates.
It's a heck of a lot less than what the last few Patreon builds have had. I tried zooming out to get a screenshot showing all of the reports for the new update and realized that just made the whole thing illegible. The latest update has crashes, save corruption, freezes, softlocks, broken quests, broken npcs, broken dialogue, broken maps, broken items, broken textures, etc. It was clearly not ready for release and I assume the only reason we have a copy of this build at all is that the devs had given themselves a specific release date.

Frankly, this is absolutely a case where it's better to wait rather than trying to play the "bleeding-edge playtest builds" (Direct quote from the Patron tier description) that Patreon subscribers have access to.

ESPARTA101K

Mar 27, 2018
So from what I know from their discord is that they are rolling out a big update any chance we gonna get it here?
As I understand it, this big update arrives in 2 months (I estimate that it will actually be almost 3) when these types of updates come out, the Steam version is usually updated at the same time.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
whats the safest site to download this from? i finally got a new pc that can play the ue5 version.

meshmiso

Jul 9, 2017
hmmmm, so what you means is those patreon supporters deserved bugs? bugs isn't a problems, stop making excuse with that, every game in EA have bugs and if more players play it can get to know more bug and fix it isn't it good? every dev have to face this problems also EA players will tolerate it coz they know this game is still in EA, so this isn't a good excuse ok, and why are u so hard-working at cover up the dev ass, are u 1 of them?
I almost had a stroke reading this braindead slop

desireloading

May 18, 2019
Hello to all of you. I hope you can help me. Basically, I'm new to this game and I honestly wanted to know a few things. For example, how does the character customization system work? How can I access the elements to customize it? If possible, I would also like to know what the big difference is between the two versions of the game corresponding to Unreal Engine 4 and 5, respectively. I've looked at the chat for this game a bit and there seem to be considerable differences, but as I mentioned, I'm a new player and don't know much. I hope you can help me and explain. Thank you in advance.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
so does anyone know exactly what is in the patreon versions? is it even worth paying for it?

if its only a new location and a couple clothes or minor npcs then i won't bother at least looking.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
so does anyone know exactly what is in the patreon versions? is it even worth paying for it?

if its only a new location and a couple clothes or minor npcs then i won't bother at least looking.
Buy it on Steam if you want the game. Subscribe on Patreon if you want to support the game's development. You'll spend a bit longer waiting for updates on Steam, but the end result is a more stable experience and all but a couple of cosmetic items.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
Buy it on Steam if you want the game. Subscribe on Patreon if you want to support the game's development. You'll spend a bit longer waiting for updates on Steam, but the end result is a more stable experience and all but a couple of cosmetic items.
as it is rn the ue4 is the only version worth paying for though why do that when its right here just saying, and i don't know which steam version of ue5 is the one on here i'm just curious if the patreon version which is apparently further then the steam version though i heard its a bugfest, does it even have any more content then the steam version to at least consider becoming a sub just to play it.

ue5 build has potential as it is rn it just seems to be mostly emptiness which is fair since its still very early, i only tried it for the pregnancy mechanic which is not worth it rn. i prob should have just chose the ue4 version from the start since that has far more content in it and is a more "complete" game in comparison but regardless... seems like the storyline is completely different and in the u4 version there doesn't seem to be entire towns taken over by cursed ones like in the ue5 build, maybe the new direction is more of a apocalypse style? where you explore a world that is taken over by a plague of a curse that can turn those around into zombie statue things really seems like that is the direction the game is taken... but I'm sure some unaffected towns or cities will be added in the future that are mostly safe from the cursed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnRet

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
as it is rn the ue4 is the only version worth paying for though why do that when its right here just saying, and i don't know which steam version of ue5 is the one on here i'm just curious if the patreon version which is apparently further then the steam version though i heard its a bugfest, does it even have any more content then the steam version to at least consider becoming a sub just to play it.
Every version we have here is from Steam, because the Patreon builds incorporate DRM.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
Every version we have here is from Steam, because the Patreon builds incorporate DRM.
i figured and now I'm not even going to consider it, DRM is always questionable regardless of if a AAA studio like EA is using it or a small indie dev with AAA quality like this team, I get it it's to try and prevent piracy which usually doesn't work if a team is dedicated enough to try and crack it, i suppose in the case of carnal instinct nobody is actually willing to go through the effort of trying to crack a version of the game that has Bethesda level issues, but it doesn't make it any less of a potential security concern, rather it be DRM or Anti Cheat All it takes is kernel level access permission and your pc is 100% at their control, And a certain AAA developers has already been guilty of this but we still let it slide because their a professional business and would do no harm to our pc's right?

It's an invasion of privacy and even though this has existed for years it doesn't make it any less controversial especially when you think about it, why the hell do these companies need kernel level access to begin with?...

Anyways rant aside... sounds like the steam users are kinda getting ripped off and are left waiting months upon for an update.

Reactions: Dexxi

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
i figured and now I'm not even going to consider it, DRM is always questionable regardless of if a AAA studio like EA is using it or a small indie dev with AAA quality like this team, I get it it's to try and prevent piracy which usually doesn't work if a team is dedicated enough to try and crack it, i suppose in the case of carnal instinct nobody is actually willing to go through the effort of trying to crack a version of the game that has Bethesda level issues, but it doesn't make it any less of a potential security concern, rather it be DRM or Anti Cheat All it takes is kernel level access permission and your pc is 100% at their control, And a certain AAA developers has already been guilty of this but we still let it slide because their a professional business and would do no harm to our pc's right?

It's an invasion of privacy and even though this has existed for years it doesn't make it any less controversial especially when you think about it, why the hell do these companies need kernel level access to begin with?...

Anyways rant aside... sounds like the steam users are kinda getting ripped off and are left waiting months upon for an update.
Well. No one deals with the Patreon versions because it's not worth it. It's better to wait for the Steam version, Steam-DRM can be cracked in 5 seconds and you will have more content, Fighting every single Patreon version is a waste of time.
I remember when this project was Patreon-only.... When someone found a working solution to bypass the DRM, they released a new version..and it was a circle of madness.:D

Reactions: MrStal0ne

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

The DRM for this game is luckily much simpler than that. The launcher that downloads the game from Patreon saves some data about your account and subscription to your computer, in your user data folder. When the game launches, it looks for and verifies some of that saved data. If the data checks out, it proceeds to the title screen. If it isn't, it just shows you a warning about not having a subscription instead.

Basically just a modern take on the classic "we need a password from the game manual" BS you'd get in the 90s.

4.00 star(s) 79 Votes