• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
I love the minigames. The writing in this game is very good.
Partially it reminds me of my life at university in germany and how I met my girlfriend now wife.

I hope he keeps that up and , really the minigames are what stands out , as well as that there is no busslhit incest. It feels more like a college movie from the early 2000s.
The story and visual is good.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I mean, it has been like that from the very beginning hasn't it?
DPC has shown us he's playing the long game time and time again and yet people still complain and act surprised when it happens :HideThePain:

I'm not saying many of the criticisms aren't valid and it's totally understandable that some people don't like it, but it's not like it's anything new and DPC has been very clear and adamant about how his interests will prevail above all...

Like, let's talk about mini-games for example, yes they're not all good, yes they take a bunch of time to develop, but from very early on the first choice the game gives you is to play with them either ON or OFF, so isn't it obvious that the game is going to have an emphasis on mini-games if you leave them ON? And somehow people still lose their minds when they appear :WaitWhat:

Feels like a bunch of people are looking at past seasons and episodes with blinding rose tinted glasses. Perhaps because before episodes were released in a relatively quick manner, people overlooked many of the game's quirks and DPC's design choices, but now since updates take so long everyone has more time to think about it and started realizing perhaps it's not game they thought it was.

Hell, I was truly disappointed with EP9, I really thought that if every episode from that point onwards became like that I'd lose interest, thankfully for me EP10 returned to a more standard episode format.
On minigames you are completely off the mark. It hasn't always been like this, for a season and a half they were used to make money, useful in some cases but rarely necessary, and to make some RP, almost completely useless. Now they've become extremely intrusive both in the storyline and the side ones. The date with Riona has two minigames.... A date that will see a tenth of players.

On the issue of plot you are partly right, the lengthening of time increases the 'anxiety' to see the issues resolved. The 5 chapters of waiting from declaring an interest in Maya or Josy and seeing its effects has decimated the troupe's fans. And how is Bella's response to her big conundrums not unsatisfying? Where we got half a lie and one non-answer.

In this situation where important matters are continuously postponed (we waited for Maya to talk to Sage, then we waited for both of them to talk to Burke, then suddenly we need the documents, in my opinion insignificant, in order to wait to talk to Jill's lawyer...) the interest in secondary matters fades away and the desire to spend time with characters towards whom we have shown disinterest in every possible way is not so present.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
On minigames you are completely off the mark. It hasn't always been like this, for a season and a half they were used to make money, useful in some cases but rarely necessary, and to make some RP, almost completely useless. Now they've become extremely intrusive both in the storyline and the side ones. The date with Riona has two minigames.... A date that will see a tenth of players.

On the issue of plot you are partly right, the lengthening of time increases the 'anxiety' to see the issues resolved. The 5 chapters of waiting from declaring an interest in Maya or Josy and seeing its effects has decimated the troupe's fans. And how is Bella's response to her big conundrums not unsatisfying? Where we got half a lie and one non-answer.

In this situation where important matters are continuously postponed (we waited for Maya to talk to Sage, then we waited for both of them to talk to Burke, then suddenly we need the documents, in my opinion insignificant, in order to wait to talk to Jill's lawyer...) the interest in secondary matters fades away and the desire to spend time with characters towards whom we have shown disinterest in every possible way is not so present.
Shiiiit, you mean that the brawler, maths and english mini-games used to be non-intrusive in S1 and 2? My version of the game must have been borked then.
The game has been constantly evolving regardless of whether people like it or not, check out the OG EP1 vs EP5 and see how different it is. And that happened in a much tinier span of time.
And again, the option to skip mini-games should give you a clue that the game will have mini-games :whistle:
Like I said, rose tinted glasses.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Shiiiit, you mean that the brawler, maths and english mini-games used to be non-intrusive in S1 and 2? My version of the game must have been borked then.
The game has been constantly evolving regardless of whether people like it or not, check out the OG EP1 vs EP5 and see how different it is. And that happened in a much tinier span of time.
And again, the option to skip mini-games should give you a clue that the game will have mini-games :whistle:
Like I said, rose tinted glasses.
All games that have no effect or importance. You can lose every fight and what would change? Fail every class and what would happen?

Then you're talking about games that are still there anyway. Double the intrusivity, but nothing has changed.... Lucky you and your glasses.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
All games that have no effect or importance. You can lose every fight and what would change? Fail every class and what would happen?

Then you're talking about games that are still there anyway. Double the intrusivity, but nothing has changed....
The fuck is that even supposed to mean? :WaitWhat:
Then just turn the mini-games OFF ffs, why make a fuss about it? :KEK:

17059186476411100.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ray_D and John Ness

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The fuck is that even supposed to mean? :WaitWhat:
Then just turn the mini-games OFF ffs, why make a fuss about it? :KEK:

View attachment 3546414
I have never said that the problem is the presence of minigames, but that they have taken up more and more space over time.

That has always been the point. So from being bearable distractions they have become, for me, unbearable.

And anyway, even excluding them, I still can't avoid them.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I can't understand or explain Jacob's strange obsession with Sage anyway. He's really ALWAYS around when MC is hanging out with Sage. It feels like he's really watching her, but it's not clear if he's doing so at Burke's request or if he's just secretly infatuated with her. This can also be explained by the usual laziness on the part of DPС, who could, for example, alternate the brothers in these scenes, but he persistently always puts Jacob next to MC.
Also the fact that Jacob was awake listening to MC and Sage fucking in the tent in ep10 is too weird even for him.
Then you also have to add the HOT party when Jacob stayed in the corridor all night, especially after MC has met with Sage end she ends up in that corridor too, until MC "frees" Jacob by getting rid of all alphas.
If Jacob helps Burke, then it could also just be "keep an eye on my daughter for me".
There is nothing strange for his infatuation though. Jacob likes redheads and Sage is the hottest redhead on campus. She was taken until MC arrives. During the flashback, we can see Sage chasing Chad. She is very experienced with guys, but it doesn't seem like the current roster of characters in the game had a chance with her, so she might have only dated and hooked up with older guys before Chad. So MC might be the first younger guy she is interested in. Jacob wasn't even on her radar.

In the DIKs mansion, everyone can hear their brothers fucking. The walk of shame depends on that quite a bit. It might not be that unusual for Jacob to stay close in episode 10 hearing MC and the chosen girl potentially fucking. (not just Sage). MC didn't seem to mind either. The people in other tents also heard for sure.

Reactions: dav3knight

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I’ve been redoing my Isabella run. Thus far my previous Isabella runs have been
  • a CHICK fuckboy run (yes, despite how DIK-ish it sounds, you can easily do that), where I ultimately chose Isabella
  • a monogamous Neutral run
  • a CHICK run where I went for both Jill and Isabella, and chose Isabella.
Somehow I never actually did a monogamous CHICK run for her. So I’m overwriting the Jill/Isabella run with it.

Bella really doesn’t care for the MC as anything but a CHICK, and it’s very easy to get her when you’re a massive CHICK, so I’m doing that. Frustrates the hell out of Tommy, but fuck Tommy.

There are many fucked-up things about Isabella. The secrecy, the one-upsmanship, her defective sense of humor, and of course if the MC is pursuing Jill, how she encourages pursuing Jill, yet keeps sucking his cock on the side. But the one I want to bitch about today is how Bella states, more than once, how young Tremolo makes her feel.

Which is weird as hell to me personally. I’m 17 years older than my fiancee; similar age gap between Isabella and the MC, except I’m in my 50s and my woman’s in her 30s. And being with a younger woman absolutely does not make me feel young again. It makes me feel old as shit.

Oh, it’s not an insurmountable problem; it may bug me, but she’s my dream girl and there’s no way in hell I’m not marrying her. We’ve been hashing it out with our therapist. It’s not about how it looks; nobody we know cares about that either. I mostly care that I’ll die before her, or otherwise burden her. I wanna grow old with her, not on her. It’s my hangup, and I don’t want it to burden her either.

But it’s why I absolutely can’t relate to Isabella’s flashbacks after the Halloween party to when she was a young cocksucker. To me, that’s just Dr. PinkCake talking out of his ass. Young cock wouldn’t make her feel young. If anything it’d make her start thinking a lot more about her soon-expiring ovaries… and whether Tremolo should put a baby in her.

Hell, maybe that’s already her plan, and he’s gonna become a daddy a lot sooner than he was expecting. That conversation he had with Josy in ep 10 about Arieth’s upcoming kid? Foreshadowing.

Yeah, if Lynette were a love interest in the game I’d be all over that. Totally makes sense why Neil’s never gotten over her.
Might be different for a woman having a younger guy. I was with one with 12 years more than me and she said multiple times it made her feel younger.
It could be about having feelings that remind them of what they felt like when they were younger. Not projecting themselves in the future like yourself.

Reactions: torresmaniak

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
If Jacob helps Burke, then it could also just be "keep an eye on my daughter for me".
Well, Stephen Burke don't give much about his kids. In Ep.10 we have a lot of insights in his mind as he is talking with his therapist. He don't really care about his kids, his wife, and also his reputation. He has no problems to "buy" himself a new life for 50% of his wealth. The kids were a "gift" to his wife and he never could build a relationship with them.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Well, Stephen Burke don't give much about his kids. In Ep.10 we have a lot of insights in his mind as he is talking with his therapist. He don't really care about his kids, his wife, and also his reputation. He has no problems to "buy" himself a new life for 50% of his wealth. The kids were a "gift" to his wife and he never could build a relationship with them.
I know. It was just a similar hypothesis like Jacob working with Burke. Aside from the video of his wife to help in his divorce, Burke doesn't seem to have any interest in the DIK frat.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I have never said that the problem is the presence of minigames, but that they have taken up more and more space over time.

That has always been the point. So from being bearable distractions they have become, for me, unbearable.

And anyway, even excluding them, I still can't avoid them.
I think 2 thing could save Being a Minigames:

1) make them completely irrelevant to the story, bc now they have narrative and gameplay influence with affecting routes and other story bits, so people do feel compelled to play them.
2) chose which minigames in a playthrough you want one by one

3) I cheated, I know, find a way to make people believe DPC that they don't take large parts of the development cycles.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think 2 thing could save Being a Minigames:

1) make them completely irrelevant to the story, bc now they have narrative and gameplay influence with affecting routes and other story bits, so people do feel compelled to play them.
2) chose which minigames in a playthrough you want one by one

3) I cheated, I know, find a way to make people believe DPC that they don't take large parts of the development cycles.
I have never blamed the minigames on development time. By the second, third week they are usually fine. This time they were apparently already complete by the last chapter. And I had them active on the original 2 runs, but now they've become unbearable, "coming out of the fucking walls", there's some history between the minigames. The date with Riona is aberrant, 2 dedicated minigames in a side scene. As soon as I feel like it I'll redo the runs and get rid of the curse (partially, because totally is impossible)

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

Then you're talking about games that are still there anyway. Double the intrusivity, but nothing has changed.... Lucky you and your glasses.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Basically the consequences are made in the long term. Which means we won't see those consequences until season 4. :KEK:
8i9trn.jpg

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Hold on for a second, you don't know and can't say you do, the long term effects of these things at this moment.
its more than likely that these things in some form will effect the game ending at least.

if you fail every class you think MC will end up as some kind of CEO of his own company or something? he likely end up in a minimart, or sell some burgers but may be that would be to hard for him to, thanks to his failure at math. :LOL:.

fighting also obviously have to have some kind of effect eventually, considering that even if you play without mini games , , the major fights are still happening and there is some pattern that you have to use to win, at least as I read in the walkthrough .
here is an example :
minigames.jpg
not skipping it entirely like the class mini games.

another thing like you lose the mansion mini games, you not get Access to Quinn lewd scenes. so to say that they will have Zero effect in the long run is can't be said.

May be it will not affect the game as heavily, sure, I mean it would not be entirely fair with those who skip the mini games, that their punished for it .

But I can definitely see it more like in an RPG, you can rush and focus only on the main quest, skipping all the side activities, but those who not skipping it and do everything , likely will have a wider experience , with aditional informations and goodies. overall a better experience.

you can skip side quest in Mass effect, not giving a shit, and end up killing Wrex, or you can go find his family armor, and " save him" , the story won't change much but, it's good that it is Wrex who leading the Krogans later, and not some random dude, we have zero connection to.

making peace between the quarians and geth. Make sure that all you team mate survie, mass effect 2 final mission etc, all these require you to invest in to these things and it has a pay off.

That is why, that as much as a chore and some times pain some of the mini games became, I don't turn them off, I don't skip them, because I want the best possible outcomes, and not a shallow endings, where I feel something is missing, do to my lazyness and not do to the developer.

I rather shit at DPC for him not delivering despite I did everything right, and not the other way around:whistle::ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Basically the consequences are made in the long term. Which means we won't see those consequences until season 4. :KEK:
View attachment 3547318
arrived at that time only artificial intelligences will play BADIK, so it will be their problem

Hold on for a second, you don't know and can't say you do, the long term effects of these things at this moment.
its more than likely that these things in some form will effect the game ending at least.

if you fail every class you think MC will end up as some kind of CEO of his own company or something? he likely end up in a minimart, or sell some burgers but may be that would be to hard for him to, thanks to his failure at math. :LOL:.

fighting also obviously have to have some kind of effect eventually, considering that even if you play without mini games , , the major fights are still happening and there is some pattern that you have to use to win, at least as I read in the walkthrough .
here is an example :
View attachment 3547310
not skipping it entirely like the class mini games.

another thing like you lose the mansion mini games, you not get Access to Quinn lewd scenes. so to say that they will have Zero effect in the long run is can't be said.

May be it will not affect the game as heavily, sure, I mean it would not be entirely fair with those who skip the mini games, that their punished for it .

But I can definitely see it more like in an RPG, you can rush and focus only on the main quest, skipping all the side activities, but those who not skipping it and do everything , likely will have a wider experience , with aditional informations and goodies. overall a better experience.

you can skip side quest in Mass effect, not giving a shit, and end up killing Wrex, or you can go find his family armor, and " save him" , the story won't change much but, it's good that it is Wrex who leading the Krogans later, and not some random dude, we have zero connection to.

making peace between the quarians and geth. Make sure that all you team mate survie, mass effect 2 final mission etc, all these require you to invest in to these things and it has a pay off.

That is why, that as much as a chore and some times pain some of the mini games became, I don't turn them off, I don't skip them, because I want the best possible outcomes, and not a shallow endings, where I feel something is missing, do to my lazyness and not do to the developer.

I rather shit at DPC for him not delivering despite I did everything right, and not the other way around:whistle::ROFLMAO:
I was only talking about the games in the first season and a half, that is, before the home repair.

the fights we HAVE to participate in up to that point are not many, the one with Chad and it seems to me really hard that losing it (which then actually anyway we lose it) could have who knows what consequence and the one with Sage, and even here.... I don't remember if one of the fights with the Jocks is mandatory.

probably on the very long term failing every single school course could have a bad ending, but it is DPC's fault that now the very boring (at the second or third time) school tests are only a part of the minigames to be faced. so between everything and nothing at this point I will choose nothing

he is the one who has gone too far, and I have no reason to think he will come to his senses.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
arrived at that time only artificial intelligences will play BADIK, so it will be their problem

I was only talking about the games in the first season and a half, that is, before the home repair.

the fights we HAVE to participate in up to that point are not many, the one with Chad and it seems to me really hard that losing it (which then actually anyway we lose it) could have who knows what consequence and the one with Sage, and even here.... I don't remember if one of the fights with the Jocks is mandatory.

probably on the very long term failing every single school course could have a bad ending, but it is DPC's fault that now the very boring (at the second or third time) school tests are only a part of the minigames to be faced. so between everything and nothing at this point I will choose nothing

he is the one who has gone too far, and I have no reason to think he will come to his senses.
Oh, yeah none said, he not overdose these minigames, and it's not like I expect this to change. Surely the base minigames are done for the rest of the season, but come on SnowBall fight mini game, who not expecting it ? at this point I would be disappointed if there isn't one :LOL:.

on the other hand, I can't say small things like these are not petting at my ego:ROFLMAO:
BeingADIK 2024-04-16 21-08-50-96.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-04-16 21-08-54-30.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-04-16 21-08-56-88.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes