• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I would point out that you've been talking to at least 3 people who think this thread is poorly moderated, so calling it only my opinion is disingenuous.
I have? Who? All I see are people upset this thread has become a bunch of complaints rather than moderation. Funny how things go, this thread once accused me of doing way too much, now I'm not doing enough...

This conversations seems to be going around in circles let's try to change it a little bit.
How many new girls do you guys think BD will add in the next update?
There was that one screenshot of what looked like the whole swim team, so I'ma put the over/under at a solid 12.

• Wow
Reactions: Uthuriel

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022

Agreed, though anyone new to this thread would indeed be naive, literally impossible that they arent. If they dont read the thread long enough to "read the room," that's ultimately on them.

I mean sure, you could lump all of that into the same general chunk, but the game itself isnt really providing much to discuss, and never really has.

I'd say someone who got duped to be a Patreon member who is now salty about it in perpetuity is more naïve (intrinsically) than someone who never paid into it and can still enjoy it because they have nothing to be salty about. Heck, 5 years 1 dollar a month is 60 dollars. Don't tell me you went for the super-duper 97 dollar tier?

It shouldn't be about reading the room. Everyone's opinion should be respected. Not just those of the hate train.

Also, yes, that's all the same general chunk. Complaining about the development process is 90% of the posts. The rules themselves suggest the topic of the discussion should be the game itself and not excessively about the development. I'd say "almost exclusively" is excessive, wouldn't you? Particularly when anyone who DOES want to talk about the game gets blasted by the hate train.

You say the game doesn't provide much to discuss, but it has hundreds of lines of dialog, dozens of characters and many story lines. Seems plenty to me. But there's no room for it because the hate train will jump at any opportunity to complain some more.

Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
All I see are people upset this thread has become a bunch of complaints rather than moderation.
That's one way to interpret the things they've said. I fear in this arena our differences are irreconcilable, which as a fellow lover of pregnancy and jets is a bummer, but you can't win them all.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
now salty about it in perpetuity
You really keep failing super hard at understanding. No one hear is salty, no one here is mad, nor upset, nor angry, nor frustrated. We're all watching a house burn down because the owner decided to cook meth and commenting on it. Some taking more glee than others obviously, but that's whatever.

Everyone's opinion should be respected. Not just those of the hate train.
Yet here you are undermining those opinions by suggesting they need help to 'get over whatever they're experiencing' to 'become better people.' Gimme a break...

Complaining about the development process is 90% of the posts.
90% of what BD posts on patreon are excuses about how he cant get the update out on time. I feel like youre one step removed from blaming the victims for the crimes that were committed against them. It's not our fault we have nothing to discuss be the excuses when that is all BD is willing to provide.

You say the game doesn't provide much to discuss, but it has hundreds of lines of dialog, dozens of characters and many story lines. Seems plenty to me. But there's no room for it because the hate train will jump at any opportunity to complain some more.
Read the last few pages (before all this shit), quite a lot of it is discussed.

Ultimately, what do you want me to do? Ban people that talk about BDs multiple lies, failures to meet deadlines, and other things that are completely on topic? Why would I make this a safe space for people that want to brownnose BD when he already has his patreon only discord?

WTF... I was joking... are you for real? :eek:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-13-b3-braindrop.35910/post-13495869

Second pic.

burningdaylight88

Nov 6, 2023
Holy hell. I just downloaded and played through this game and came here to get an idea of when the next update might be out based on previous updates.

I don't know what is going on in this thread, but it seems like a lot of salt.

IMO, the game is great. Jamie is top 3 girls of all games I've played. I'm looking forward to more content.

So what's the word? Does everyone just hate the dev for taking a long time between updates? Scamming people? Abandoned game?

TLDR would be appreciated.

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
Holy hell. I just downloaded and played through this game and came here to get an idea of when the next update might be out based on previous updates.

IMO, the game is great. Jamie is top 3 girls of all games I've played. I'm looking forward to more content.

So what's the word? Does everyone just hate the dev for taking a long time between updates? Scamming people? Abandoned game?

Lots of salty former Patreon members. Opinions on the dev are divided. Still #11 most-liked (as in thumbs upped) game on the forum.

Development is fairly slow, but not abandoned.

And I agree, Jamie is awesome!

• Haha
Reactions: Evil Modder

grim019

Mar 28, 2020

This is why.
Read and Learn Padawan.

After the last entry in the list below, we had several other fun items involving MacKenzie and such, but unfortunately the list was never updated. By the way, the update that was apart of the last entry of this list was finally released in March of 2023. The infamous rectangle that caused us to name the MC "Blockhead". It's also the update that spawned my avatar.

The list below is courtesy of the work cytree did. Many thanks to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked in on the game today and was as amused as I thought I would be. I saw a helpful post by a member named Uncle Loco. He had all of the posts by BD/Mackenzie from March 22nd of 2021 until yesterday. I checked the first one, and then another, and another. By the time I was on the 6th BD post I was laughing out loud. I decided that I would kind of curate a rough list of dates, excuses, release promises, and release sizes for anyone who wishes to read a condensed version of the past almost 2 years of this game's development. This is not 100% accurate. There may have been things I missed but this isn't an historical document. So sit back, grab some popcorn, and marvel at the endless drama that is TWO YEARS IN THE LIFE OF BRAINDROP (or TYITLOB as good ole BD would call it.

3/22/21 - Blurry eyes, hilarious explanation, expect release in 2 days. Size – 600+

3/26/21 - Unexpectedly his eyes have failed to heal, he will not 'fuck around' with his sight, expect release in 5 days. Size – 1000+

4/6/21 - Eyes almost healed, choosing to add renders, expect release in 3 weeks. Size – 1000+

4/20/21 - Headaches continue, unorganized, expect release in 2 weeks. Size – 1000+

5/3/21 - PC issues, sunstroke/sun allergy, expect release 'soon'. Size – 1500+

5/11/21 - Planning his weeding, planning to become a father, moving across the country, tear down and clean PC, expect release in 'soon'. Size – 1500+

5/29/21 - Getting married, honeymoon, expect release in 1 month. Size – 1500+

6/26/21 - Grandfather in hospital, expect release in 1 week. Size – 1500+

7/14/21 - Cooling system in PC leaked, rebuilt and cleaned PC, had a cold, expect release in 2 weeks. Size – 1500+

7/29/21 - Leaked on GPU maybe dead, trying 'things', PC taken apart, learning Blender, expect release 'soon'. Size – 1500+

8/9/21 - Converted all PC to air cooling, parts not delivered on time, has a new secret plan for future releases, expect release 'soon'. Size – 1500+

8/20/21 - Wife has minor injury, built a custom keyboard, realized he takes longer now because his work is better, expect release 'soon'. Size – ?

9/10/21 - Sick so has quarantined to friend's garage, took several 'tests', all were negative, expect release 3 weeks. Size – ?

10/2/21 - Daz kept crashing, expect release 'soon'. Size - ?

10/8/21 - Unhappy with lighting, redoing a scene, expect release in 1 week. Size - ?

10/15/21 - Released an approximate 200+ render Beta update. Expect another Beta update in 1 month. Size – 200+

11/8/21 - Wife, mother, and grandfather all separately hospitalized, expect a Beta update in 3 weeks. Size – 350+

11/28/21 - Complications with birth of child, expect 2 Beta releases next month. Size – 350+, 250+

12/3/21 - Beta release by Dec.24th, next Beta release by Jan.6th, full 1500+ render update by Feb.14th. Size – 350+, 250+, 1500+

12/17/21 - Online friend died, Beta may be delayed. Size – 350+, 250+, 1500+

12/23/21 - Christmas stress, mental 'issues', Beta delayed 1 week. Size – 350+, 250+, 1500+

12/30/21 - Has a new phone, anxiety, fatherhood, Christmas stress, will release Beta along with Jan.6th Beta release. Size – 600+, 1500+

1/20/22 - Was unprepared for fatherhood/game developing/life, release schedule reset to 'unknown'. Size - ?

1/25/22 - Beta release expected in 2 weeks. Size – 250 to 350+

1/31/22 - Will now only release full updates, expect full 1500+ render update in 5 weeks. Size – 1500+

2/11/22 - Almost done with update, release expected in 3 weeks. Size – 1600 to 1800+

2/25/22 - 1 scene left to render, release expected in 3 weeks. Size – 1600 to 1800+

3/5/22 - Forgot to save and program crashed, release expected in 2 weeks. Size – 1600 to 1800+

3/18/22 - Reworking the timeline, release expected in 2 weeks. Size – 2200 to 2400+

3/30/22 - Reworking the timeline is harder than anticipated, release date unknown. Size – 2200 to 2400+

5/3/22 - Grandfather died, release paused. Size – 2200 to 2400+

5/10/22 - Contemplating breaking update into 'chunks'. Release date unknown. Size - ?

5/16/22 - Plagued by uncertainty, have decided NOT to release the update in 'chunks', have created DITLO. Size - ?

5/28/22 - Cannot handle it if release goes poorly. Released DITLO. Size - ?

5/30/22 - Will now be releasing the update in 'chunks', will release 2 in June, entire update to be released by August 1st. Size - ?, ?, 2400+

6/13/22 - Decided to make the first 'chunk' release larger, will still release 2 in June, entire update to be released by August 1st. Size – 700+, ?, 2400+

6/24/22 - Mental 'issues', reworking scenes, one 'chunk' update on the 29th, entire update to be released by August 1st. Size – 700+, ?, 2400+

6/28/22 - Adderall caused a day-long panic attack, WVM only a hobby, 700+ 'chunk' release not ready, 300+ 'chunk' release ready now. Size – 300+, ?, 2400+

6/29/22 - 300+ 'chunk' released. Size - ?, 2400+

7/29/22 - Avoided social media, added a path to next 'chunk' delaying its release. Size - ?, 2400+

8/24/22 - Mackenzie hired to handle PR and 'keep it real'. Size - ?, 2400+

9/7/22 - A 300+ render update is planned to release 'soon'. Size 300+

9/20/22 - 300+ 'chunk' released. 400+ render update expected to be released in 10 days. Size – 400+

10/1/22 - Entire BD household is sick, update expected to be delayed 1 week. Size – 400+

10/28/22 - 'Large' update planned for Nov.19th. (There may have been a 400+ render update released, I forget). Size - ?

11/11/22 - Unknown issues with Patreon, release has not been delayed though. Size - ?

12/19/22 - BD has appendicitis, then has pneumonia, no access to social media in hospital, update delayed. Size - ?

1/12/23 - FIRM release date of Jan.26th. Mackenzie had no access to technology at family home. Size - ?

1/25/23 - BD has decided that he needs to redecorate the home of the MC. Hilarity ensues. Size - ?
Things have continued like this even after 1/25/23.

Evil Modder

Jul 17, 2020
Ah yes pay the guy who I've already said I don't think is a reliable person, thats a great solution. I guess I'll just listen to you rant every few days as that's apparently the price that has to be paid to get access to this game on this board.
Or.... maybe just.... you could just download the game from OP and not visit the orher pages???

Or is that too hard?

Last edited:

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
this thread like milfy city thread will not be moderated like other threads on the site. (General moderation still applies)

We moderate the threads and remove things not related to the game (aka abt dev time and dev themselves) but this dev dug his own hole and there is literally nothing to talk about here than what an absolute joke it has become. So rather than deleting 90% of the thread we have decided not to moderate it as others, coz there is not actual content for users to discuss.

The staff have have thier decision months ago, and thier word is final.

P.S: if anyone has a problem with that then there is always the off-topic section for you guys to bitch about us while downloading free shit that we put effort into maintaining ;););)

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
You really keep failing super hard at understanding. No one hear is salty, no one here is mad, nor upset, nor angry, nor frustrated. We're all watching a house burn down because the owner decided to cook meth and commenting on it. Some taking more glee than others obviously, but that's whatever.

Yet here you are undermining those opinions by suggesting they need help to 'get over whatever they're experiencing' to 'become better people.' Gimme a break...

90% of what BD posts on patreon are excuses about how he cant get the update out on time. I feel like youre one step removed from blaming the victims for the crimes that were committed against them. It's not our fault we have nothing to discuss be the excuses when that is all BD is willing to provide.

Read the last few pages (before all this shit), quite a lot of it is discussed.

Ultimately, what do you want me to do? Ban people that talk about BDs multiple lies, failures to meet deadlines, and other things that are completely on topic? Why would I make this a safe space for people that want to brownnose BD when he already has his patreon only discord?
There isn't a house burning down. He's got over 3,000 paying subs. And plenty of freemium enjoyers. You say nobody here is salty, and heck, that might be true for you personally (though I'd beg to differ from how you're talking about it). But you definitely can't say it about everyone.

I'm not undermining anything. I'm trying to create a more pleasant environment for everyone who does like the game by reminding the moderator that insulting people over their opinion is against forum rules. Yet here you, a mod, are calling me a brown-noser for ... not caring that an amateur developer is an amateur.

There are no victims. Paying into a crowd-funded project always runs the risk of deciding on reflection that it wasn't worth the money. Buyer's Remorse laws even in the EU are like 14 days. Crowd-funding is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

You also can't excuse excessive discussion of development by saying the Patreon posts are updates about development. That's what Patreon is for. This forum post is supposedly to discuss the game itself, as per the rules. So all the users who do nothing but complain about the development ARE being off-topic and ARE excessively discussing development.

You can say "it was already discussed". But that's completely besides the point. Discussing that is what the thread is for. And what, once SOMEONE has discussed it there shouldn't be room or common decensy for anyone else who wants to discuss it? "Make way for the hate-train! Choo-choo!".

As a mod, isn't your job to enforce the rules? So why are you lawyering for the people you're supposed to moderate? Doesn't seem like impartial arbitration of the rules when you yourself are defending the people who clearly aren't using the thread for its intended purpose and telling people who WANT to use it for its intended purpose but can't without getting "catharsised on" to create a separate thread. They're the ones breaking the rules. Let them create a separate thread where they can all huddle up around the supposed house fire and bake salty smores together.

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
this thread like milfy city thread will not be moderated like other threads on the site. (General moderation still applies)

We moderate the threads and remove things not related to the game (aka abt dev time and dev themselves) but this dev dug his own hole and there is literally nothing to talk about here than what an absolute joke it has become. So rather than deleting 90% of the thread we have decided not to moderate it as others, coz there is not actual content for users to discuss.

The staff have have thier decision months ago, and thier word is final.

P.S: if anyone has a problem with that then there is always the off-topic section for you guys to bitch about us while downloading free shit that we put effort into maintaining ;););)
This hadn't posted when I was typing my previous comment. How do I unsubscribe from this thread? Might as well stick to the front page if that's the call from upstairs.

A separate topic for people who enjoy the game won't help because the hate-train will just do the same there until it becomes unmoderated too. If that's that then I guess that's that.

On a final note, thanks for maintaining F95 zone's functionality. Even though I've learned my lesson about talking about the games I like on here because mob mentality rules, I very much enjoy the easy central location to check for game updates. If not for F95 I'd have to check on a couple crawler sites every time and that's just a bother to scroll through.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
There isn't a house burning down. He's got over 3,000 paying subs. And plenty of freemium enjoyers. You say nobody here is salty, and heck, that might be true for you personally (though I'd beg to differ from how you're talking about it). But you definitely can't say it about everyone.

I'm not undermining anything. I'm trying to create a more pleasant environment for everyone who does like the game by reminding the moderator that insulting people over their opinion is against forum rules. Yet here you, a mod, are calling me a brown-noser for ... not caring that an amateur developer is an amateur.

There are no victims. Paying into a crowd-funded project always runs the risk of deciding on reflection that it wasn't worth the money. Buyer's Remorse laws even in the EU are like 14 days. Crowd-funding is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

You also can't excuse excessive discussion of development by saying the Patreon posts are updates about development. That's what Patreon is for. This forum post is supposedly to discuss the game itself, as per the rules. So all the users who do nothing but complain about the development ARE being off-topic and ARE excessively discussing development.

You can say "it was already discussed". But that's completely besides the point. Discussing that is what the thread is for. And what, once SOMEONE has discussed it there shouldn't be room or common decensy for anyone else who wants to discuss it? "Make way for the hate-train! Choo-choo!".

As a mod, isn't your job to enforce the rules? So why are you lawyering for the people you're supposed to moderate? Doesn't seem like impartial arbitration of the rules when you yourself are defending the people who clearly aren't using the thread for its intended purpose and telling people who WANT to use it for its intended purpose but can't without getting "catharsised on" to create a separate thread. They're the ones breaking the rules. Let them create a separate thread where they can all huddle up around the supposed house fire and bake salty smores together.
copium-meme.gif

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This hadn't posted when I was typing my previous comment. How do I unsubscribe from this thread? Might as well stick to the front page if that's the call from upstairs.
I watched the thread to show you, look at the arrows, click it. You can also do that to "watch threads" without actually commenting on them...

2024-05-02 01_16_59-(226) VN - Ren'Py - WVM [S2 Ch. 1 Ep. 13 B3] [Braindrop] _ F95zone and 40 ...png

If you reply again to this thread (or any you unwatch), it will automatically watch it again, and you will have to unwatch it again.

Reactions: OEJ
3.70 star(s) 636 Votes