HTML Taru's Infernal Pledge [v0.0.1] [FlimsyLegs]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
taru_cover.png

Overview:
In Taru's Infernal Pledge, you step into the shoes of Taru 'Bolt' Nopsa, a dashing woman and exceptionally skilled thief, rogue and assassin. Immerse yourself in a new original fantasy universe and the sprawling metropolitan city of Valkama, the capital city of Jaerwik in the northern edges of the known world.
Taru has been working with a gang of criminals, her only family in truth, for a few years now. Her latest mission turns out to be a trap, and she is taken captive by cultists of an ancient evil known as The Fathomless Depth. Her soul will be sacrificed to appease this mysterious deity, unless she can escape her shackles.
Piru, the 5th archdemon of hell has been trying to tempt Taru into a deal with him for many years. Now, in order to escape the cultists, Taru finds herself finally pledging her body to the demon. The demon's demands make her head spin...​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-15
Release Date: 2024-05-01
Developer: FlimsyLegs -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

Last edited:

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
What are planed features for this?
As in what tags can we expect in the future ?

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
What are planed features for this?
As in what tags can we expect in the future ?
At the very least bondage, bdsm, voyerism, threesome (2 women 1 man), non-con and con. The list will expand as I write. I have a rough idea of the major story beats and plot points. But other than that, I usually use the "discovery writer" approach where I just let my imagination take me to places. We'll see what happens! ;)

Reactions: Necrosian

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
I didn't even finish playing the demo and you already got me with the characters of Taru and Piru, and the negotiation of the pact.

Great job with the writing (also with the AI render of Taru, I personally loved it), I'll be following this project with great interest.

Reactions: FlimsyLegs

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
There's some nice world-building here, and the writing is natural and correct, but the gameplay seems lacking to me. Not just that the story is so short (it's only two scenes) or that there are no meaningful choices yet, it's that the whole thing is opaque to me. Combat makes no sense to me. I don't even know what the two clickable boxes are. Left and right hand? First and second actions? Something else? The choices for combat seem strange as well. I can block or parry (basically the same thing), dodge (same effect as successful block or parry), and feint (pretend to attack but not), push, and taunt. All essentially defensive maneuvers. There's no "stab the motherfucker in the throat" option for the player, but clearly there is one for the opponent, because they will stab the PC in the throat seemingly 100% of the time. Thanks for putting in the "skip combat" button, as it saves the game from ending in the first five minutes.

I guess my critique boils down to "way under-cooked." This doesn't seem ready for even a demo release. Clearly a lot of love and attention went into the world building, characters, etc, but those don't make up for gameplay that does not make the player care, nor is there any evidence that there is anything interesting or unique coming down the pike. I'd advise you to make sure that the next release gives players a taste of what you want them to do in this vivid world of yours.

And explains combat, if that's going to stay a thing going forward (consider that maybe it shouldn't be).

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
There's some nice world-building here, and the writing is natural and correct, but the gameplay seems lacking to me. Not just that the story is so short (it's only two scenes) or that there are no meaningful choices yet, it's that the whole thing is opaque to me. Combat makes no sense to me. I don't even know what the two clickable boxes are. Left and right hand? First and second actions? Something else? The choices for combat seem strange as well. I can block or parry (basically the same thing), dodge (same effect as successful block or parry), and feint (pretend to attack but not), push, and taunt. All essentially defensive maneuvers. There's no "stab the motherfucker in the throat" option for the player, but clearly there is one for the opponent, because they will stab the PC in the throat seemingly 100% of the time. Thanks for putting in the "skip combat" button, as it saves the game from ending in the first five minutes.

I guess my critique boils down to "way under-cooked." This doesn't seem ready for even a demo release. Clearly a lot of love and attention went into the world building, characters, etc, but those don't make up for gameplay that does not make the player care, nor is there any evidence that there is anything interesting or unique coming down the pike. I'd advise you to make sure that the next release gives players a taste of what you want them to do in this vivid world of yours.

And explains combat, if that's going to stay a thing going forward (consider that maybe it shouldn't be).
There's going to be a better explanation for how the combat works in the next version of the game. This is already on the todo-list. First and second action is the correct interpretation. For a detailed explanation for how the combat works, check out:

But instead of 4 slots, there's just 2 slots. And instead of 8 colors, there's 6 actions (each action is a color). And instead of a mastermind with a code to break, you fight an enemy and try to make the perfect series of actions that gives you an opening to strike (which is the same thing as cracking the mastermind code).

The skip combat button is there for those who don't want to engage with the combat.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
BTW, FlimsyLegs, I forgot to mention how glad i was to see that you know enough about writing to start the story in progress and only slowly refer back to how the story started. That's good storytelling technique.

Reactions: FlimsyLegs

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
BTW, FlimsyLegs, I forgot to mention how glad i was to see that you know enough about writing to start the story in progress and only slowly refer back to how the story started. That's good storytelling technique.
Thanks, yeah I hate games where they just throw the whole backstory and lore of the universe at the player right at the start, before anything happens. There's plenty of time to flesh out the universe later, once the player is invested in the character's and events.

Reactions: Joe Steel