N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
I have no likes left, but yes I agree, there needs to be some sort of recognition in the story that they are not heroes, that there are no excuses for that behaviour. Nika excalated hard against Mario simply because he was calling Mila names - the whole plan everything there is purely based on Nika's inability to let it slide. He then triggers Bella, and can't back down, which leads to the heist, which leads to the need to do something against Stefan indirectly, and on it goes. We thing find out Mila's history with Mario in Ch4.5 and what he was like back then, which further weakens any sense of justification.

The only reason I can see that Ocean will let them off the hook is a close shave. Stefan decides to go cloak and dagger, and not do things legally, everyone plays morally ambigious roles, we find out the levels of corruption mean there will never be justice. In such a scenario, there might not be any sense in justice, other than walking away. Some things cant be fixed through an eye for an eye.

But for that to work, Ocean really will have to work hard to make the reasons for grace very compelling.
There were consequences, Mila is in danger because of Nika and Bella as you say. They didn't face harsh consequences but they both showed regret for what they did. Ties perfectly with the theme of the game, if you get too reckless you or the people you love might pay the price, so is revenge really worth it in the end? Nika and Bella learned something valuable this way.
What about Bella in the restaurant? The regret she showed is telling of the change that sparked inside her. She felt bad for what she did and will have more of a coscience in the future. She has discovered by hurting someone she doesn't actually want to be a bad person. We have seen this already, she has grown much softer since the start.
What I wrote below, I actually wanted to say after playing Bella's path, but since the topic of consequences has come up, which is especially critical for my perception of Bella, here we go.

I don't care about their regrets. Bella's regrets without consequences that affect her specifically are the reason why I so far don't rank her as much as Leia, Vanessa and Sasha. Despite the fact that there are similarities between the four of them. They are people who create around themselves a barrier of coldness, detachment, indifference and arrogance. But if you manage to break through this barrier you might see something interesting in them and maybe even change them for the better. I absolutely love this type of characters. Especially when their flaws, of which the barrier is made, are taken to the extreme. Vanessa and Leia are exactly that. Most will turn away and try to minimise time with them but specifically I really enjoy these characters.

Bella also can be classified as the extreme case. However, Ocean stumbles when it comes to her. I don't know, maybe it's her involvement in the main plot from the moment she appears. Perhaps I would have seen her differently if at first we had watched her from the side. But it's obvious to me that Ocean doesn't treat her the same way he treats Vanessa and Leia.

As I played both games, it really reminded me of the Gordon Ramsay meme.
Leia, Vanessa: "You fucking donkeys." (good example)
Bella: "Oh dear, oh dear. Gorgeous." (bad example)

Ocean doesn't give Vanessa and Leia any slack. The longer we spend time with Vanessa the more her flaws we notice. Compared to that, the backstory about her mother is such a minor detail that most people just don't care about it. In Leia's case, yes, at the end of ep.3 we hear a heartbreaking story about how she suffered after William's running away and how it shaped her as a person. But firstly, she was already a bully. Secondly, she faces the direct consequences of her actions. Third, we already know about her a lot and that a lot doesn't put her in a good light. I respect that approach. Ocean tries to present these characters objectively and he's certainly not afraid that we won't like them at all.

Bella is a completely different story. Ocean treats her like an angel. She meets Nika in the first half-hour of the game and falls in love with him within three chapters if the player allows it. I have no idea how things are going if the player follows her path, but outside of it there's no real tension between them. The only real fight they have is once at her house, the rest are mostly comedic. Her bad deeds alternate with attempts to understand and forgive her and they feels so forced. These attempts often come from Nika. When he and Mila have a conversation about her and Bella's past, he immediately starts blaming her and then concludes that Bella is not so bad at all. Mila agrees with him, probably, she was too harsh...

... What the hell is this? Why is there not a single important character in the entire game with whom Nika would start a serious argument about Bella? Everyone either agrees with her defense eventually or defends her. Mila wants to tell how Bella bullied people, but Nika interrupts. "No, I want to hear it from her." Yes, let's hear excuses from the bully about how she bullied her victims, not the victims themselves. And don't even start making excuses that most have bullied her before. In WiAB we hear both sides. Also, remember what answer Leia gave? "How dare she take what's mine." These are all her excuses. Straight to the point. No indulgence on Ocean's part.

There are situations where William and Leia literally slam each other against cars during their fights. There are characters who literally can't stand them both, especially they hate Leia. They always remind them how awful these two are. They are key characters, even LIs. Yet they don't give any concessions. They don't give a fuck how Leia suffered. And they are adults who understand more about life. Unlike SG characters who were teenagers just yesterday. Where is their maximalism, where is this simple division of people into those who they like and whom they hate?

And indeed, it's funny to hear excuses about Bella from Nika who takes an active part in her actions that reach crime activity. He sounds awfully hypocritical. I could consider this as a plus to the plot, because now we have a pseudo-moralist protagonist. But I wonder if Ocean actually sees it.

Hell, maybe Ocean hates Leia. I dunno.
Then he should hate Bella as well.
She will become more interesting.

Returning to the topic. The problem isn't Stefan and his family, the problem is Nika and Bella. Even if the Holgersons really are that bad, it shouldn't affect them both. Otherwise it's a cheap plot trick in an attempt to justify their actions. Mila's situation is just the raising the stakes. Besides I don't see Mila as a potential LI. What if I don't care about her or I just don't like her? Or for example I like Bella, so Mila's problems don't bother me as long as Bella gets away with her recklessness. If that's all Ocean does, it will be false consequences. I don't need half measures and excuses. Given the theme of healing, I want real shitstorm that not only punish the characters, but force them to change their behaviour.

Right now, my attitude towards Bella is at a critical point. The next will depend on how Ocean plays out the consequences. If somehow he screws up, Bella will fall straight to the bottom in my top. I don't care how well she is written and what a good chemistry she has with Nika, which is actually great, I'm serious. I'll repeat what I said in the off-topic thread. I never dislike a character for being a bad person. My feelings about characters are not dependent on how they treat the characters I like or main characters in particular. I accept them for who they are. It takes a lot of effort to make me really dislike them.

What I really dislike is bad writing. I'm sorry, but that's how I see the situation with Bella and how Ocean treats her. Unless, of course, Ocean is doing it on purpose to surprise us in some way. If he does this, Bella will join Vanessa, Leia and Sasha in my top.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

jeroentje

Apr 8, 2020
So, in short : Steam version sucks.
Then my question : Is the Patreon version (5 Beta) going te be updated ?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
So, in short : Steam version sucks.
No, the actual Steam version is the same as the Patreon version. There was for literally two days a different version, but Steam is patched. When you buy and download SG on Steam you get the very same as when you buy it on Patreon.
Then my question : Is the Patreon version (5 Beta) going te be updated ?
In fact "5 Beta" was the last version. The version after 5 Beta is the actual one and is called "Season One".

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
There is a possibility that it would be Nika who would be targeted by Holgerson,regardless of whether he helped Bella or not. Given the latest update, Nika was driving towards Holgerson's mansion in any case. Even if there were no working cameras there, there are many houses around and neighbors could easily notice the license plate of the suspicious bike. And Holgerson called Bella because he saw her with Nika in the restaurant and he wants to ask about him more.
One way or another, time is starting to run out. And I know one guy who would be suitable for the role of a scapegoat. Sai, don’t drop soap in prison, it’s bad for your health.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
What I wrote below, I actually wanted to say after playing Bella's path, but since the topic of consequences has come up, which is especially critical for my perception of Bella, here we go.

I don't care about their regrets. Bella's regrets without consequences that affect her specifically are the reason why I so far don't rank her as much as Leia, Vanessa and Sasha. Despite the fact that there are similarities between the four of them. They are people who create around themselves a barrier of coldness, detachment, indifference and arrogance. But if you manage to break through this barrier you might see something interesting in them and maybe even change them for the better. I absolutely love this type of characters. Especially when their flaws, of which the barrier is made, are taken to the extreme. Vanessa and Leia are exactly that. Most will turn away and try to minimise time with them but specifically I really enjoy these characters.

Bella also can be classified as the extreme case. However, Ocean stumbles when it comes to her. I don't know, maybe it's her involvement in the main plot from the moment she appears. Perhaps I would have seen her differently if at first we had watched her from the side. But it's obvious to me that Ocean doesn't treat her the same way he treats Vanessa and Leia.

Ocean doesn't give Vanessa and Leia any slack. The longer we spend time with Vanessa the more her flaws we notice. Compared to that, the backstory about her mother is such a minor detail that most people just don't care about it. In Leia's case, yes, at the end of ep.3 we hear a heartbreaking story about how she suffered after William's running away and how it shaped her as a person. But firstly, she was already a bully. Secondly, she faces the direct consequences of her actions. Third, we already know about her a lot and that a lot doesn't put her in a good light. I respect that approach. Ocean tries to present these characters objectively and he's certainly not afraid that we won't like them at all.

Bella is a completely different story. Ocean treats her like an angel. She meets Nika in the first half-hour of the game and falls in love with him within three chapters if the player allows it. I have no idea how things are going if the player follows her path, but outside of it there's no real tension between them. The only real fight they have is once at her house, the rest are mostly comedic. Her bad deeds alternate with attempts to understand and forgive her and they feels so forced. These attempts often come from Nika. When he and Mila have a conversation about her and Bella's past, he immediately starts blaming her and then concludes that Bella is not so bad at all. Mila agrees with him, probably, she was too harsh...

... What the hell is this? Why is there not a single important character in the entire game with whom Nika would start a serious argument about Bella? Everyone either agrees with her defense eventually or defends her. Mila wants to tell how Bella bullied people, but Nika interrupts. "No, I want to hear it from her." Yes, let's hear excuses from the bully about how she bullied her victims, not the victims themselves. And don't even start making excuses that most have bullied her before. In WiAB we hear both sides. Also, remember what answer Leia gave? "How dare she take what's mine." These are all her excuses. Straight to the point. No indulgence on Ocean's part.

There are situations where William and Leia literally slam each other against cars during their fights. There are characters who literally can't stand them both, especially they hate Leia. They always remind them how awful these two are. They are key characters, even LIs. Yet they don't give any concessions. They don't give a fuck how Leia suffered. And they are adults who understand more about life. Unlike SG characters who were teenagers just yesterday. Where is their maximalism, where is this simple division of people into those who they like and whom they hate?

And indeed, it's funny to hear excuses about Bella from Nika who takes an active part in her actions that reach crime activity. He sounds awfully hypocritical. I could consider this as a plus to the plot, because now we have a pseudo-moralist protagonist. But I wonder if Ocean actually sees it.

Returning to the topic. The problem isn't Stefan and his family, the problem is Nika and Bella. Even if the Holgersons really are that bad, it shouldn't affect them both. Otherwise it's a cheap plot trick in an attempt to justify their actions. Mila's situation is just the raising the stakes. Besides I don't see Mila as a potential LI. What if I don't care about her or I just don't like her? Or for example I like Bella, so Mila's problems don't bother me as long as Bella gets away with her recklessness. If that's all Ocean does, it will be false consequences. I don't need half measures and excuses. Given the theme of healing, I want real shitstorm that not only punish the characters, but force them to change their behaviour.

Right now, my attitude towards Bella is at a critical point. The next will depend on how Ocean plays out the consequences. If somehow he screws up, Bella will fall straight to the bottom in my top. I don't care how well she is written and what a good chemistry she has with Nika, which is actually great, I'm serious. I'll repeat what I said in the off-topic thread. I never dislike a character for being a bad person. My feelings about characters are not dependent on how they treat the characters I like or main characters in particular. I accept them for who they are. It takes a lot of effort to make me really dislike them.

What I really dislike is bad writing. I'm sorry, but that's how I see the situation with Bella and how Ocean treats her. Unless, of course, Ocean is doing it on purpose to surprise us in some way. If he does this, Bella will join Vanessa, Leia and Sasha in my top.

You wrote everything correctly. But as Sasha said at the book club, these are only symptoms and not a disease. But doctors determine what a patient is sick with based on their symptoms. So all you have to do is draw the right conclusions. Keep in mind that this is a visual novel with a plot. And the author’s goal is not to tell us how the main character will fuck everyone, but something else.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
There is a possibility that it would be Nika who would be targeted by Holgerson,regardless of whether he helped Bella or not. Given the latest update, Nika was driving towards Holgerson's mansion in any case. Even if there were no working cameras there, there are many houses around and neighbors could easily notice the license plate of the suspicious bike. And Holgerson called Bella because he saw her with Nika in the restaurant and he wants to ask about him more.
One way or another, time is starting to run out. And I know one guy who would be suitable for the role of a scapegoat. Sai, don’t drop soap in prison, it’s bad for your health.
I would love something similar to that like Stefan Holgerson approaching Nika at the gala and confronting him publicy just to get completly put down and made to shut up by a intervening Katie, Zoey or my favorite for this Leia.

Bella was already so dumbfounded that Elsa knew Nika, it would be funny to see how she reacts when suddenly a Zane stands up for Nika revealing at least some kind of connection.

It would kinda fit as i think whatever happens about the Mila/heist situation, it wont be a big deal as the event does only happen if you do the heist at all.

Bella and Nika are both very quick and rash in the decisions and opinions (they are young), i imagine it will turn out that the Holgerson's arent actually THIS bad.

The messages from Stefan which they "hacked" at the diner painted him as a pretty good guy too, suggesting locations for his friends to rekindle their marriage.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
It's not even close. I'd trade the 2k garbage new renders from the reworked chapter 2 for the full jacuzzi scene, uncensored Nami "after finding out about Noji dating Nick" scene and the full scene of waking up in Nami's bed which includes the kiss.
Reworking the Jacuzzi scene was Ocean's stupid idea. He made 2 mistakes at once with his censorship. Firstly, Nami's scene shows that everything is working for MC and he does not need treatment. And secondly, Vanessa is obsessed with controlling men through female sexuality. Censoring her is the same as taking away her weapon against men. Then we should also cut out Vanessa's first attempt to seduce MC.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Great post :)

Big point for Stefan/Mario: Nika is doing all this because Mario called Mila names and he has bad impulse control. We call each other names on here daily without resorting to breaking and entering, theft or petty vandalism. Just more support for the fact that Nika and Bella don't understand society.

I think it allows for interesting revelations - Nika gets charged perhaps, people do some digging, like Nicole, and some of the past is uncovered. Who knows? I do think the legal aspect will be dealt with by Stefan dropping charges to prove being the bigger man. Given they are targeting Mila, and Vanessa knows about Mila (if you're dating her), it seems to me Mario is vindictive, not even caring who's responsible, but wanting to inflict pain on Mila for no reason.

Most things are degress of grey, except that Nika and Bella have no reason other than hatred to do what they did. It can't even be called revenge, or vengeance.

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
well you and me have a different definition of porn. Even before the rework or the even before he censored Jacuzzi scene I never considered this game porn.
I mean the MC is impotent and there's no NTR. The game had more lewd stuff and making out than anything.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

Big point for Stefan/Mario: Nika is doing all this because Mario called Mila names and he has bad impulse control. We call each other names on here daily without resorting to breaking and entering, theft or petty vandalism. Just more support for the fact that Nika and Bella don't understand society.

I think it allows for interesting revelations - Nika gets charged perhaps, people do some digging, like Nicole, and some of the past is uncovered. Who knows? I do think the legal aspect will be dealt with by Stefan dropping charges to prove being the bigger man. Given they are targeting Mila, and Vanessa knows about Mila (if you're dating her), it seems to me Mario is vindictive, not even caring who's responsible, but wanting to inflict pain on Mila for no reason.

Most things are degress of grey, except that Nika and Bella have no reason other than hatred to do what they did. It can't even be called revenge, or vengeance.
Come on, they just want to feel alive :HideThePain: :HideThePain: :WeSmart:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019

Open ventilation of possible scemarios......

Stefan the one that made Mila preggers ( if she's got a baby )? ( see earlier speculative post )
Mario knows this and is furious over having a hookers daughter "stepmom".
Stefan has little or no sexual interest in Amber but only wants her as a trophy wife.
Vanessa is not stupid. She just want Mario as a training ground for further dominatrix studies.

The Chick Fuzz knows things, is just as bad as her sister but sense of duty overtakes bully attitude in the end.

Katie knows every card in the deck and will reveal or intervene if shit hits the fan.
She implied at the book club that they would see each other again.

Nick would have been a perfect first name for a Revera. Sounds suupa gangsta.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The gummy bears were not theft, that's just obnoxious behaviour as a guest
I think Nika has a weakness for candies, in the hospital he asks a little girl where she has bought the candy, then he can ask to Maja if there are some place to buy candies, and in Bella´s place he sees candies and just eat them.

Is nothing important but i think there are many times where he eats candies without a reason , althought i think he ate Bella´s candies because he likes them and because there are from Bella, is a 2x1 win situation.

I just wanted to make this stupid annotation :LOL:

True, but in my non Bella path i decided to go with her and do the heist because those guys insulted Nika, not because he wanted to revenge Mila. But yeah the "canon" reason is for Mila.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023

Thanks. :)

Simply put, Nika and Bella are idiots.
The fact that they are idiots makes the consequences even more important.

I never thought Bella was smart. Nika seemed smart to me at first. But the more I think about what they're doing, the more I come to the conclusion that he is smart and stupid at the same time.

Realistically, if they had continued with their plan regarding Vanessa, they would've definitely failed.
They don't stand a chance against her. She would have bulldoze them over. That's not even a fair fight.
It's kinda disappointing. These kids need someone who spank their asses.
Vanessa would be perfect for this role.

And yes, I'm also starting to suspect that the Holgersons probably aren't that bad.
At least Stefan. And Mario is just a dumb kid. To me, Nika and Bella are more awful.

Speaking of awful people. Among major characters, my top 5 looks like this:

1. Leia. I don't think I even need to spell out any serious arguments here. She is the only character I dare call evil. But it should be added that we don't really know how far her criminal activities went during WiAB and by the time of SG. I'm not dismissing the possibility that she's a murderer.

2. William. Right next to his beloved sister. He's a real piece of shit and we haven't even seen his final form. The longer he stays in his hometown the lower he falls in my eyes.

So, Leia and William are the worst. The other three are not near them but they're still kinda bad.

3. Vanessa
4. Bella.
I'm a little conflicted about them. We know more about Bella's bad deeds and in total they outweigh poor Mario's ass imo. But since Bella sometimes feels remorse for her actions and Vanessa doesn't look like a person who care much, I'll put my favorite above Bella.

5. Nika, of course.

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Open ventilation of possible scemarios......

Stefan the one that made Mila preggers ( if she's got a baby )? ( see earlier speculative post )
Mario knows this and is furious over having a hookers daughter "stepmom".
Stefan has little or no sexual interest in Amber but only wants her as a trophy wife.
Vanessa is not stupid. She just want Mario as a training ground for further dominatrix studies.

The Chick Fuzz knows things, is just as bad as her sister but sense of duty overtakes bully attitude in the end.

Katie knows every card in the deck and will reveal or intervene if shit hits the fan.
She implied at the book club that they would see each other again.

Nick would have been a perfect first name for a Revera. Sounds suupa gangsta.
Thats some wild stuff :KEK:

I don’t think Mila has a baby but i didn’t saw the earlier post tbh but it’s too weird of a setup

I think Stefan’s feelings about Amber are platonic and he isn’t even cheating.

Amber is probably Bambi and i think they know each other for a long time and are somewhat friends.

Bella‘s view is just kinda screwed due to hate lol (and Mario seems to be a jerk i guess but Mila even told us that he was a good guy back than).

As if Amber can’t tell if Stefan hits on her or has nefarious goals, Amber has life experience and can read people like books and way better than Bella who’s way too emotional and easily biased.

Amber is the opposite of a trophy wife anyway, she’s rich herself, a mini celebrity and is supposedly very competent in her profession.

I think Vanessa is using Mario for something (but I don’t think it’s about her dominatrix skills lol). He’s probably never gonna fuck her.

I agree about Katie and think she watched him at college already too

Her talk with Nojiko at the bookclub was Katie saying: This is where I (or we) am taking over. Just without words.

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I think Nika has a weakness for candies, in the hospital he asks a little girl where she has bought the candy, then he can ask to Maja if there are some place to buy candies, and in Bella´s place he sees candies and just eat them.

Is nothing important but i think there are many times where he eats candies without a reason , althought i think he ate Bella´s candies because he likes them and because there are from Bella, is a 2x1 win situation.

I just wanted to make this stupid annotation :LOL:

True, but in my non Bella path i decided to go with her and do the heist because those guys insulted Nika, not because he wanted to revenge Mila. But yeah the "canon" reason is for Mila.
Lmao :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe Bella should have tried to put candys all over her body to get Nika going :WeSmart::HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: Don Sucio
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes