DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
v0.2 Status Update #3

1715449395586.png

Hey everyone!

I'll start with some good news. In the past almost 3 weeks, I've managed to make almost 300 renders, which is a pretty good result.
I'm also writing code in parallel, and that's where I'm running into some difficulties. The code for Chapter 2 is much more complex and will require a significant amount of time to complete.

I'll most likely ask one of my friends to help me with the code. Otherwise, I'll be stuck on it for 1-2 months.

Overall, if I can continue to make 100+ renders a week, I should be able to finish all the rendering work by the beginning of July and release Chapter 2 at the start of July.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
v0.2 Status Update #4

1716056524686.png

This week, I'd like to start with a brief recap of the month's progress.

First and foremost are the renders: currently, there are 350 finished renders. These took only 3 out of 4 weeks to complete.

The initial plan was to have around 800 renders in total.

Next up are the 18+ animations, where the results aren't particularly impressive yet. So far, only 2 animations have been completed, each 25 seconds long. According to the plan, I still need to create 6-8 more animations.

As for the code, as I mentioned earlier, my friend is helping me with it. Overall, I'd say it's about 25% complete.

Everything else, like sound design and so on, won't take too long. A maximum of 1-2 weeks.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
v0.2 Status Update #5

1716648950117.png

Hi everyone!

As usual, I'll start with the most important topic today - animations. This past week I dedicated ⅔ of my time to finishing the animations and realized that things are not going as well as I would like them to. Overall, I will say that I need much more time to render the animations. For example, one 20-second animation took almost a day to render, which is not very pleasing.

Considering that I need at least 6 animations, this whole thing will take at least about 2-3 weeks. In any case, I will come up with something, perhaps I will shorten the duration of the animations and loop them.

However, not everything is so bad, as for the renders, things are much better here. Despite the fact that this week I spent much less time on them. At the moment, 60% of all planned renders are ready.