Video Rakuen Shinshoku Island of the Dead [2023-07-06] [Showten]

Aug 15, 2019
Does anyone know the best place to find the "XX of the dead" series that preceded this one? (well, 'series' might be a strong word, it was 2 episodes) It's posted decently frequently online but most of those have been reencoded to hell, have hard-subtitles, (as in, overlayed directly onto the video, not a subtitle track) or are just low resolution.

Sarica

Time Waits For No One
Trial Moderator
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 18, 2017
Does anyone know the best place to find the "XX of the dead" series that preceded this one? (well, 'series' might be a strong word, it was 2 episodes) It's posted decently frequently online but most of those have been reencoded to hell, have hard-subtitles, (as in, overlayed directly onto the video, not a subtitle track) or are just low resolution.
Here.

Reactions: Rixen

bilybilybob

Mar 24, 2018
Have you done the other eps of Utea? (Or would you consider doing them if you haven't :))
Nah, I only do lesbian/futari/tentacle stuff as I really don't like seeing other guys banging my skanks.
I think the ep2 one had too much guy dicks from when I saw it, but don't quite remember as was a long time ago.

Reactions: f9account

user_vzhr3555

May 15, 2024
Here's a link to an 8k copy I remastered and cut out the "padding":
Google Drive
Damn, nice job... I tried doing something similar but my result looks nowhere near as clean as yours. Do you mind sharing what app/settings you used?
Also they recently posted some wip of episode 2, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed another time:

Last edited:

bilybilybob

Mar 24, 2018
Damn, nice job... I tried doing something similar but my result looks nowhere near as clean as yours. Do you mind sharing what app/settings you used?
Also they recently posted some wip of episode 2, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed another time:
I used upscayl, but that one only supports images. So I made a script to extract the frames from the video, then ran upscayl on it, then recompiled it using ffmpeg on av1, and then put the audio back in.

Pretty easy to do once you got the pipeline setup.

Here's a bonus as well:

This one I made like a year ago, was using stable diffusion and ran some stuff against it to "anime-fy" stuff. The results weren't too bad but man, this thing took forever, that clip alone took more than 10 hours to do on my rtx 4080!

That said, with that technique, I bet you could also retraw anime with it, maybe some low level crap that's stuck at 480p or just looks shite. Hell, maybe even add in more "dynamic-ness" to it.