Ren'Py - Perfect Family: A Family of Perverts [Rework U1.1] [POHG]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Flunkmaster2

Game was already going in a cool direction. This is a completely new game with no content. It may be a good concept eventually, but there was already good pacing and a handful of nice scenes. Now it's nothing.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Gojii

"You have to go back."

(Remake is a downgrade across the board, specifically character design and story).

I have to go at least 200 characters for a review, but I've never seen a remake that was a clear downgrade as this one. It went from wholesome with appealing characters to repulsive "daddy issues" characters.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

VRGO

TL;DR: I really, really, REALLY hope this is not the route the game decides to go down going forwards. The original demo was charming, had potential, and was a standout product even for how relatively short it was, and I was excited to see where it would go from there.

This is not that same game.

I really don't want to sound like I'm dogpiling POHG or this game, as I know he had to put a metric fuck ton of work into this remake, and I will unapologetically congratulate him for even finishing something of this scope and scale. The progress he's made as a developer from the first version of the game is immediately noticeable, and the potential he has is obvious. That being said, this remake severely underwhelmed me to the point that I have to say something about it now or I'll be mad for the entire rest of the day.

This remake.

Sucks.

A lot.

I say this with no offence meant to POHG, but I don't think I've ever seen such a massive downgrade from one version of a game to the next outside of No Love, an absolutely horrid game that had a similarly strong start in it's early phases.

Perfect Family: A Family of Perverts almost feels like a mean-spirited parody of the original meant to intentionally mock every good aspect of the demo. The diverse body types between the girls have all been thrown away form universally, near-disgustingly curvy girls. And that's coming form me, the guy who will play literally any game on this site if there's a fat ass in there somewhere. The reason Mika and characters with a body type like hers worked in the demo is because, while completely outrageous, they were the exceptions, and there were more mellowed out and grounded body-types to be had elsewhere. If you got tired of Mika's cartoonishly fat ass you could go fuck around with Nuts, Coco, your twin sister, etc.

Now, the constant flood of ridiculously thick thighs, asses, massive tits, etc. are so frequent and common that it loses any appeal it might've had due to oversaturation. Somehow even the MC ended up getting caught in the crossfire and has an ass just as huge as any of the other girls, and it somehow looks even worse on him than it does on them.

Secondly and personally more importantly, any of the fun, interesting dynamics between family members are simply gone. Everyone in this family is just insatiably and eternally hungry for YOUR dick, to the point where your suspension of disbelief cannot even begin to do enough mental gymnastics to make it believable. Your succubus wife? That's your cousin. Your twin sister? Now a blonde bimbo who's just as, if not more horny than the literal sex devil you married. The MC? Wakes up from a coma after 10 years and immediately begins thinking about how large his daughter's tits have gotten. It's so in-your-face that it just becomes off-putting after a point, like this isn't some hentai fantasy but a genuinely fucked up family of horrible, fucked up people.

Maybe it's just me, but part of the fun of incest is that it's a taboo. In the demo, you (the MC) had to be talked into the idea of even going for incest in the first place by your literal sex demon wife. And while it's made obvious that most of your family are either outwardly alright with the idea or not against it, they still all mostly have to be either coaxed into it or outright seduced.

Hell, for some of the girls like your blonde older sister in the demo, she's more of the clueless archetype than anything else (a personal fave of mine) and that dynamic was great. Your twin sister being mostly apathetic about the whole thing but also being interested in incest despite how she came off was also a neat dynamic. Your mother being into it but not outwardly, mostly taking the form of either teasing was especially hot.

In this remake? No dice.

Everyone is just eternally horny, incest is cool and normal, your wife is wholly okay with you eyeing up your own kids and in fact actively encourages it, your sister is a massive pervert, the list just goes on.

Finally, and I promise I'm coming to a close soon, the story. While the demo's story wasn't anything groundbreaking, it did the job, and, more importantly, was unintrusive. The focus was on the character dynamics and the shenanigans you could get into with the various members of your family. Anything that happened in the plot was just a way for the dev to put a new, fun scene in there. Now though, the game's seemingly going to be centered around a very Twisted World-esque coma plotline, and while I don't think that's a problem by itself, the combination of the lack of any interesting character dynamics (or characters in general) really just means that it's boring. I don't give two shits about him being hit by a Mustang GT500, I don't care about him not seeing his own daughters grow up, mostly because the MC doesn't really care either. At least not more than he cares about fantasizing about just how much their tits and bodies have filled out in the time he was away.

Haaaaaaaaaah.

Okay, in summary, I really don't like this remake. It's managed to surgically remove almost any interesting, fun, or even genuinely sexy parts of the demo. It feels like it's trying way too hard to lean into the incest thing to the point where it normalises incest so much it's not actually a taboo, just another normal facet of these character's lives.

I just want to see
    • The interesting character dynamics return. Let us shower our dog girl in affection and build a natural relationship that just so happens to end up with us fucking. Let us get teased by our very-obviously-into-incest mother and maybe make a play to take the initiative. Let us leer at our clueless older sister who either doesn't realise or doesn't mind the fact that we came into her room while she was only half-dressed. Just, anything more than what we have now.
    • The body types get toned down, massively. Bring back the smaller body-types like Coco's. Huge asses and tits are great, but in moderation. Add some diversity in there so that we feel like the girl we're choosing to focus on fits our own personal types more and isn't just the one copy-paste of all the other girls we're just arbitrarily choosing to interact with. Similarly, it's okay for the girls to wear actually normal clothing. Seeing a girl naked gets FAR less arousing when she's only one fishnet away from being naked at all times anyways.
    • Nuts.
    • The easy-going, light-hearted nature of the original come back. It didn't take itself too seriously, and I doubt it expected you to, either. It was nice for what it was and wasn't trying to be anything more. it was a nice vibe.

Alright, that's all I got. Rant over. I really, really hope I can come back and change my review at some point in the future. I really want to like this game.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

vaelenor

Models/art/scripting is fantastic. I can tell this is going to be over the top in everything. But with the rework right now it's just too early! I'll come back and give this another star when more content exists. For now it's just a very fun intro.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Jeycii_

Normally i dont write 1* reviews, i just move on from them. But this rework was so catastrophic, that the dev needs to see, what kind of sh*t he just created...

This "rework" broke this game. The girls at least looked all different before. They had different species and body proportions fitting their ages and images they were meant to portray.
    I got interested in this game for the wife/milf characters, but boi... Those new models all look so hideous.. No, they actually all look DISGUSTING now. I cant describe it any other way.
    i dont know why the dev made this decision, but he basically threw his own game out of the window and with it any potential his game had.

You dont need a masterpiece of a story. Any normal cliched one would have been alright.
    The girls were there, the world was designed, just create some wholesome, funny character stories and make them lewd. We arent asking for much. But i def cant enjoy any of this with fat ass and cow titties female characters that all look the same now.. even the mc himself has a fatass...My god... Fuk.

I will def change my ratings, if the dev decides to revert his "rework", but if not... i dont see any future for this game...
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Uthuriel

This game is really bad.

It's a rework of a game that was mediocre but it at least had some potential.

Now we have a stupid coma plot, your cute daughters are now tatted whores.
    MC now has a huge female ass and the the succubus GF you had in the OG game is gone.

I like incest games, the premise could be good.
    Unfortunately the dev has no idea what he is doing.

Absolutely NOT recommended in any form.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Soulpuppet

This game could of been good in it's first rendition. The dog girl, the cat girl the girls and family all having different body types an ok story that could of been worked on more to let it bloom but, this rework is terrible.

All the girls are the same exact body type with different skins put on them. Question is do you want the tall huge tits and ass or the short huge tits and huge ass.

You awake from a 10yr coma while your harem is out there and your daughters so they've been probably fucking anyone and everything. Your daughters were super cute and adorable and you come out of the coma seeing they're all tatted up and odd. Not to mention the MC has the same ass as all the women.

There is more I just don't wanna get into. To say I'm highly disappointed with this rework would be an understatement.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Babbaba

(This was reviewed 9/23/2023 on "Update 7")
    Short Review: Game has a ton of promise. Good foundations. Almost no content. Wait till more content is delivered before diving in.

Long review:
    I really want to like this game and if delivers on everything it promises, then it will be a huge hit. The problem though is that I'm worried there is too much being promised, and not enough being delivered. It's not exactly made clear just how much content is in this game, so I went into sandbox expecting some amount of content, but was left with scraps.

It's especially frustrating when the game's update format is just "Update #" instead of "v 0.01" or something that's more quantifiable and lets you know where the state of the game currently is. I suppose I could have looked at the changelog, but I don't quite know what to expect with something like "224 images and 28 animations." What does that mean? How much of that is just set dressing and how much of that is the meat?

Poor communication aside, the game does feel pretty nice to play. There's not really any bad character that I've come across, as each follow pretty standard harem tropes to some degree. Nothing's realistic, but that's perfectly fine in this magical sex-crazed world.

The world itself, while mostly barren, but does have a decent amount of flavor to it through context from the other characters. There's a decent amount of thought put into it, and I appreciate that the dev can exposit this information in an acceptable way. Right now there's only your house, the park, an office building, and a school to visit, with everything but the house being pretty much useless to ever go to in Sandbox Mode.

The UI feels a little clunky, especially when going from someone's room to say the kitchen, so I would like to see some cleanup and polish in that regard. I definitely appreciate being able to just skip to a specific day if there's an event and the character information screen is a nice touch. Not bad, needs a little formatting to make it smoother.

The character models are all good. There are some clipping errors here and there, but it's not terribly distracting. The sex animations are also well made/implemented. The dialogue feels a little too heavy at first, since I prefer my incest to have smoother transitions from being reluctant to accepting it. This game feels like everyone in the family wants your dick right away and it feels just a little too fast.

The game has a lot of catching up to do. A huge mistake was introducing 50 different characters with the promise that you're able to fuck all of them. It gives a false sense of scale and promise to the player when you only really have a couple of sex scenes, half of which are with only 1 or 2 characters. This can cause a lot of frustration and bad hype if you ever fail to deliver. I really do hope the dev does deliver, and doesn't burn himself out, but I've seen countless games go down this road before. I think the dev should take a step back, make it clear where the game currently is with its content, and focus on making quality content for one character at a time until there is enough for a satisfying experience, and then expand out with more content with those characters and any side characters. I was also promised futa content, which I was horribly disappointed to learn that there's only like, 2 images worth of content and they're both not even directly influenced by the character.

2 stars because there's barely a game here. It feels a little more like a tech demo. And while the demo has a lot of promise, there's just really nothing substantial for me to enjoy. I will be returning every so often and will alter my review once I feel the game has improved more.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Mori Enjoyer

Update 5 Review

3.9/5 stars

*played this back in march/april? I can't rate it higher as it still has some progress to be made.*

playtime VN: 5-10 minutes
    playtime Sandbox: 40-60 mins

Pros:

- character models are great, variety for everyone to enjoy
    - main cast/side cast are loveable and good personalities still feels like a connection to be made with them
    - ton of potential to be made with this game with what dev has planned
    - H-scenes have been pretty hot so far
    - Status screen is very unique/creative i guess building the foundation for what the game can become (bday party screen)

Cons:

- feels as if the dev wants to do everything at once for all the characters created, rather just focus on a certain group and move on to the next, quantity over quality

- world building could be better at creating connections with the characters, right now just feels like a empty shell of a cg gallery. i guess still in the introductory stage? i really want to see this game thrive.

- some scenes are a bit sloppy i won't lie but still extremely good, mainly tying with their ahegao faces and camera angles. i never have an issue with model clipping, so to each their own.

- came across a bug/syntax error screen when replaying a scene through the gallery for Megu after finishing the party quest, just did a rollback.

H - scenes (so far, not including futa/strap-on/ecchi):

- Mika, Tayu, Megu
    - Elizabeth, Amber

TL;DR:

Game is coming along great, 4 quests, couple of H-scenes, feels more like a KN than a VN (imo) good potential
  10. 2.00 star(s)

HerbertIronsides

I would love to give this game 5 stars. If it could actually do what the Dev promises it would be absolutely crazy. However the issue is the amount of content in each update. The game gets updated once a month and each update takes about ~5 min to do in VN mode which is what I prefer. Some updates have no sex scenes and as of writing this since release basicly nothing has happened to Progress the characters or anything really. If the updates could be more substantial and the game could reach it's potential the game would live rent free in my head. Sadly so far there isn't much here and if the pace continues there might never be.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

charz1060

I usually like to wait until a game is further along in development before I try but this game caught my attention and I was not disappointed. Right now there is very little content but what is set up is very promising.

I like that it cuts out the generic corruption path of girls starting at 0 and slowly become more and more corrupted. All the girls in this one are pretty much starting at an 8 out of 10 corruption. I think cutting out that grind is going to leave much more room and time for the dev to really get into the harem aspect of the game.

Animations are good, can be a little janky during the faster sex scenes, but not an issue for me. Characters are well done with a range of personalities and decent variation in body types.

Overall the game has a lot of potential and can easily become a 5 star game for me if the dev stays on the current path.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

the_fluff

Review as of Update2.4

I'm feeling this. A dev that understands the option of making lesbian content without the MC optionable is definitely a plus. I like the models and the sex scenes so far have been very sexy. I'm looking forward to future Updates.

The only thing I want to say that was low key just kind of bothering me a little is that with the way the family acts and the MC acts is making me think “How has he not fucked them yet?” THe MC doesn’t seem shy, he’s a degenerate, and he doesn’t seem afraid to show he’s a degenerate and LI’s are basically throwing themselves at him. It just doesn’t make any sense to me. One of the first scenes with the rest of the family is two of them purposely flashing him. I guess what frustrates me is that you want me to believe that he needs help in making the harem, I feel like he doesn’t need Mika’s help at all, nothing indicates that he would have a hard time doing it on his own. I just have no reason to believe he needs help and I wonder how he could possibly not have already smashed. It just does not make sense. It's not a big deal, it was just bothering me.

Overall it was good though but I need more content to give it a proper rating so I’ll give it a 3 out of 5 for now.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Adoringfan

It's a nice proof of concept, but there is very little here. You have some flashing and voyeur stuff and that is it. There are currently more this scene is unavailable than The Manor, which is a lot! In fact I think 90% of all interactions in the 'game' at present are unavailable.

Let's start with the good, character models look unique in a good way. The scenes and dialogue that is in the game is pretty entertaining, especially anything involving the cat. Ui looks good and everything seems to work well. Minimal spelling and grammatical errors, so good job with proofreading.

Now let's do the bad, a lot of this is kinda nonsensical. Like the 'mother' never been married, but has the occupation of housewife. There is no real kinda corruption going on everyone is pretty okay with skinship/flashing the mc and don't mind incest. This sounds like the dev is making up for a lack of content with these types of shortcuts. As much as I enjoy not knowing where anyone is on the ui and randomly clicking rooms to finally find someone to talk to only for it to say 'this scene is currently unavailable,' I wouldn't exactly call it gameplay.

Atm there are no real meaningful choices in the game, it's a blind door clicking sim with a 90% chance that the scene is not available. Also would be nice if the game had some kinda sound, I feel like Helen Keller playing through this. Sex sounds, music, random anime waifu yelling baka before she punches the mc, literally anything would be an improvement. Also if you're going to have a harem game, do a bit of research maybe, cause it just sorta feels lifeless outside of the catgirl occasionally saying or doing something hilarious.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

NoodleSalad

There's some problem here and there, because this is a very early version of the game, but overall pretty decent. The only 2 problems I have so far is that the lack of content and bad UI. Cuz I really don't know where the characters are. In the next update pls add small character portrait next to the location. Also I really hate MC hairstyle, thankfully the dev didn't show the MC too much. Other than this is a decent VN with incest fetish.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

frozted

Demo was really hot. Succubus helping MC corrupt his family is one of my favorite plot ideas. I love the roleplay that she and MC are already doing. Overall I am excited to see more of this game and I would recommend it to people who are fans of incest, harem, corruption, etc.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

KaneKyun

Liked the caracters, animation is also pretty dope, nice job! I know it's still very much in early development, with only the prologue released, but am looking forward to the future updates. There are a few mistakes in the script but I'm sure those will be ironed out in later releases, and even if they don't I think they're pretty minor.