Gehenna [1.0] [Kemuriya]

Mr_mo

Dec 28, 2021
My saves are gone? I can see them in file explorer but cannot see in game.
you can try copying your old saves to a safe place then starting a new game and saving, then overwrite the new save with the old one this has worked for me with other games.

Lystorias

Jan 30, 2023
Merry Christmas. (Or well have an early one!)

I decided to sit down and run all the map names through google translate, did some minor editing to prevent name variations. Additionally also did all the skills + H Abilities.

What's left not done:
- State effects are not done.
- Translating some remaining battle elements in plugins.js.
- Probably some weird stuff.

But essentially, the game should be more or less playable. (I just found out that I didn't translate battle states at all... Hrmm...) Albeit the translation may not be that great.

Same as before, just replace the files. These patches are v1.09, which you can obtain thanks to Karpaccho over here.
it seems if i use this and the translation that the battle events are broken, like one of the very first person here described with the MTL, but instead the "lovely black pig" one works, but beyond the makai one and the pig in the demon world do not. (havent tested it any further yet)

Lystorias

Jan 30, 2023
it seems if i use this and the translation that the battle events are broken, like one of the very first person here described with the MTL, but instead the "lovely black pig" one works, but beyond the makai one and the pig in the demon world do not. (havent tested it any further yet)
it seems that the entire thing is just broken. ive tried the untranslated version directly and it had in fight CGs which are entirely missing with the translation, ive checked the settings and im currently not skipping any battle CGs with "fast battle mode"

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
it seems that the entire thing is just broken. ive tried the untranslated version directly and it had in fight CGs which are entirely missing with the translation, ive checked the settings and im currently not skipping any battle CGs with "fast battle mode"
As mentioned in the previous reply to ExcessiveDecency I'm very much aware of the issue, TBH coding like that is also very much frowned upon when developing games. "You HAVE skill ids dammit!"

Khole

May 2, 2018
How do i learn the ability from fledling adventurer? She keeps doing it but i never learn it.

ACasualTea99

Feb 25, 2022
How do i learn the ability from fledling adventurer? She keeps doing it but i never learn it.
You can only learn abilities from enemies with a solid star. Enemies with a hollow star can use a move with graphics, but it won't grant an ability no matter how much you're exposed to it.

Khole

May 2, 2018
You can only learn abilities from enemies with a solid star. Enemies with a hollow star can use a move with graphics, but it won't grant an ability no matter how much you're exposed to it.
I gotcha thx. An English translation would really make this game alot easier. I think one of the circles earlier games has an official English translation might have to check that out.

djnuma

Oct 7, 2023
To confirm, only some in battle scenes, and some abilities don't work? The whole story/ all the upgrades are there?

Niveket

Jan 27, 2019
I gotcha thx. An English translation would really make this game alot easier. I think one of the circles earlier games has an official English translation might have to check that out.
Gehenna is getting an official translation that will get released together with the game on steam, its said coming soon for a few months now but it should be done within the next few months I think.

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
Gehenna is getting an official translation that will get released together with the game on steam, its said coming soon for a few months now but it should be done within the next few months I think.
Do you know where we can keep tabs on that?

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Merry Christmas. (Or well have an early one!)

I decided to sit down and run all the map names through google translate, did some minor editing to prevent name variations. Additionally also did all the skills + H Abilities.

What's left not done:
- State effects are not done.
- Translating some remaining battle elements in plugins.js.
- Probably some weird stuff.

But essentially, the game should be more or less playable. (I just found out that I didn't translate battle states at all... Hrmm...) Albeit the translation may not be that great.

Same as before, just replace the files. These patches are v1.09, which you can obtain thanks to Karpaccho over here.
This breaks skills from playing events when used, the same translation issue that's been talked about before in this thread.

In order for the associated events in CommonEvents.json to play, the translated skill names need to match.
There are currently 231 different events in version 1.09 for a bit less than 231 skills (a couple skills have multiple possible events.)

In the CommonEvents.json file, the name inside the single-quotes needs to match the skill name from Skills.json:
Code:
use.isSkill() && use.object().name == 'skill name here'

A regex filter can be used to list only the name that needs to be changed:
Code:
(?<=')(.*)(?='")

This basically means that skill names need to be translated twice:
Once in Skills.json and then again in CommonEvents.json
Kinda hoped this won't be an issue but... Here we have developers hard coding names to script functions. Yay!

Anyway I'll take a look later. Going through 231 lines is tedious, but My code does make original backups of the skill names so I just need to cross reference and copy them in.
As mentioned in the previous reply to ExcessiveDecency I'm very much aware of the issue, TBH coding like that is also very much frowned upon when developing games. "You HAVE skill ids dammit!"
Oof. My condolences. I know how it feels working with such code. :HideThePain:
Happy new year. I've been procrastinating pretty hard at fixing skills. Finished this. To patch it, replace the CommonEvents.json file with the CommonEvents_skills.json file.

N.B. For most skills it *should* work. If the skill has "double quote" or 'single quote' characters, please let me know. I haven't checked if those work or not.

N.B. 2 I've included the mapping text thingy with source code I used to make a hack patch. It still needs manual editing of the .json file to prevent errors. (License since idk who would ask in the future, is wtfpl.)

---

"Why it took so long?"

Going through 203 individual skills is tedious. I can get like 50 skills in a batch before I wander off and do something else.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Thank you for sharing this fantastic looking game!
The MTL is pretty alright and mostly understandable, even if the game requires you to read really fast or throws complicated words at you sometimes.
Let me start off by saying that 1.5 hour in I can already appreciate the amount of potential characters, naughty skills, voice lines and personality Gehenna seems to hold. Big plus.

And then we have these little shortcomings:
I'm a bit let down by large lack of Bad Ends and enemy interaction, no CGs in or after combat. H-scenes seems to be all aquired OUT of combat, and a lot of them with certain requirements that can be tedious to fulfill.
Nor do the enemies throw meaningful or lingering curses at you, so combat ends up feeling only like a chore that you can breeze through as long as your levels are slightly aligned. This is on Hard mode by the way.
What's more, losing ANY combat always just sends you aaaall the way to the starting town, so you might as well save scum to save time.
Besides, having that main NPC constantly throw levels at you for free isn't an interesting progress mechanic to me.

The game much like Eden seems to emphasize cosmetic TFs and lewd stat/curses a lot, but after a couple of hours I can't see any of that affecting the gameplay much.
Said TFs and curses feel rather difficult to seek out and aquire, although that may also be due to my stubborness of staying on one path at a time.

For instance, I really wonder how I can get my team changed into "Makai slaves" so we can enter this bit and roleplay as slaves for a while. Not very intuitive when there's no one or anything to TF you nearby.
Thanks for your review.

How much tentacle content is there? I see there's monster girls, so do they impregnate the heroines?