4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016

Overview:
Complex Relations
is an erotic romance visual novel in three perspectives, exploring three unique protagonists' experience of love, sex, change and growth.

In the Summer of 2007, on their final break before college, a group of friends take a trip off the grid to a secluded lake house. Three of them, hoping to strengthen old friendships, form new romance, or have a fun summer fling, will find something different, and much more memorable than they bargained for.​

Thread Updated: 2020-10-30
Release Date: 2020-10-28
Developer: Amai Works - -
Censored: No
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Features:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -

Thanks James Eveleth for sharing the game

srkciE.png 896415_amai-works-releases-demo-for-complex-relations-on-itch-io_555696c4.png 896414_amai-works-releases-demo-for-complex-relations-on-itch-io_15440cca.png RYExi6.png PQb8HA.png ydwO6x.png 1RZKNW.png

Last edited by a moderator:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
I totally missed the 'three perspectives' thing so it was really confusing for the first few minuets until I realized what was going on.
Yeah, I read fast so I usually progress the text manually. That has made me skip through a transition that denotes a perspective change a couple of times, making me confused for the first couple of lines until I backtrack. A way to fix this is, if someone clicks while there is a transition, then that would bring up the new character we are playing as.

Qazex Saw

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, I read fast so I usually progress the text manually. That has made me skip through a transition that denotes a perspective change a couple of times, making me confused for the first couple of lines until I backtrack. A way to fix this is, if someone clicks while there is a transition, then that would bring up the new character we are playing as.
Alternately, having the text be the same color as the character's names could help out too, so you know who's saying what instantly.
Gotta say though, really enjoyed this demo, the writing's good and the pictures are quite nice.

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
I spoke about this issue with the dev, he recognises this is a problem and is moving towards a solution that will make it easier to keep track of who's perspective you are observing at any time, even if you skip the transitions or come back to an earlier saved game (where you might be unsure where you left off).

pocencer

Nov 20, 2018
The art is drolling me to play, but look pervert when play as the man, I doubt it can call romance tho
a very little hope for NTR since it is secluded lake

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
The art is drolling me to play, but look pervert when play as the man, I doubt it can call romance tho
a very little hope for NTR since it is secluded lake
Doesn't look like there are any plans for NTR, especially with the way the story progresses near the end of the demo. Also, the guy in this game isn't the typical pervert that you maybe expect, he's just a chill dude who's smart enough not to pass on the girls that are showing interest in him. It's actually the girls who are more perverted :ROFLMAO:

KDBA

Apr 24, 2019
Yeah this is interesting but it really needs a "who am I right now" indicator. Especially when it switches without warning. I was reading as Jesse and now suddenly I'm thinking about what Jesse is doing? When did the switch happen, and who am I now?

I still have no idea whose perspective it was driving the car in the opening.

Reactions: James Eveleth

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
The dev is currently trying to solve this problem. Asked me to forward this link so you can speak your mind on the issue as well:

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes