Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
No wonder i wasted so much money on him in 2023. I wonder how many subscribers he lost.
Considering majority of people voted for him to quit right away and don't do another animation with animals, not many. I don't have a clue how are patreon numbers but SS ones seem to be high as ever. Majority of the community was supportive.

Reactions: Nunya_01

RavenOfOld

Just a simple pervert
Uploader
May 16, 2021
Considering majority of people voted for him to quit right away and don't do another animation with animals, not many. I don't have a clue how are patreon numbers but SS ones seem to be high as ever. Majority of the community was supportive.
I'm just glad there's no more dogs/wolves. I just can't get into that at all. Same with 'shota' content. I think the underlying issue is I don't get turned on seeing girls getting penetrated by small penises. I have weird fetishes myself. I like horses, werewolves, bigger creatures, etc. because they tend to be 'well endowed', which I think is the underlying kink that I enjoy. I like the 'non-consensual' aspect of ZMSFM a lot too. Rape fantasies and monsters just go so well together for me. As long as he doesn't go straight vanilla, I'm all good with this decision.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
I'm just glad there's no more dogs/wolves. I just can't get into that at all. Same with 'shota' content. I think the underlying issue is I don't get turned on seeing girls getting penetrated by small penises. I have weird fetishes myself. I like horses, werewolves, bigger creatures, etc. because they tend to be 'well endowed', which I think is the underlying kink that I enjoy. I like the 'non-consensual' aspect of ZMSFM a lot too. Rape fantasies and monsters just go so well together for me. As long as he doesn't go straight vanilla, I'm all good with this decision.
A lot of people tend to forget that normally, bestiality is something viewed as a quite disgusting fetish. Be it for reasons of perception of animal rights or just simply people being pet owners and not wanting to see things like that. Most of them not caring if it's fictional or not.
I doubt he ever stops making monsters. While he is a variety animator, monsters are his community's absolute favorites.
so what did I miss with ZM? no more beast stuff coming? would be shooting on the foot since I think thats the most viewed content ZM has made
Not really? If anything, his most viewed content are monster animations. His sub numbers don't seem to be particularly affected either. Lot of people seem to hold great respect for the guy. Me being among them. It's been years and he has kept his tempo.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
so what did I miss with ZM? no more beast stuff coming? would be shooting on the foot since I think thats the most viewed content ZM has made
Sorry for double post. To summarize it as a separate answer:
1. Announced he isn't comfortable doing bestiality animations anymore. Fantasy beasts are fine like werewolves, centaurs etc.
Not for any money or "problematic" content people tend to assume. Just because he simply isn't mentally and physically comfortable doing it.
2. He put a poll on his sites, asking whether people want one last animation with animals. Majority voted for him to move on. To me, that is bafflingly surprising but then again, ZM has a very good reputation. Meaning Hermione and wolf is the last beast anim he ever makes.
(I personally think it would've been neat for him to make one last horse anim, then pull the plug)
3. He got copyright striked by Capcom over the Jill and Lickers animation. Meaning Jill and Licker is canonized. Hopefully one off fluke from Crapcom, rather than it spelling a harassment of nsfw artists >.>
More so when FOW is sort of back and Ada was among their movie options.

Armored_Mage

May 9, 2018
Sorry for double post. To summarize it as a separate answer:
1. Announced he isn't comfortable doing bestiality animations anymore. Fantasy beasts are fine like werewolves, centaurs etc.
Not for any money or "problematic" content people tend to assume. Just because he simply isn't mentally and physically comfortable doing it.
2. He put a poll on his sites, asking whether people want one last animation with animals. Majority voted for him to move on. To me, that is bafflingly surprising but then again, ZM has a very good reputation. Meaning Hermione and wolf is the last beast anim he ever makes.
(I personally think it would've been neat for him to make one last horse anim, then pull the plug)
3. He got copyright striked by Capcom over the Jill and Lickers animation. Meaning Jill and Licker is canonized. Hopefully one off fluke from Crapcom, rather than it spelling a harassment of nsfw artists >.>
More so when FOW is sort of back and Ada was among their movie options.
FOW? like the studio FOW ? they done with subverse ?

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
FOW? like the studio FOW ? they done with subverse ?

This, alongside the trailer, was posted. Their 10 year anniversary announcement. TLDR is: They are still working on subverse and will continue working on it.
Alongside that, they are securing funding for the related movies. Considering the price FOW is asking (About 70-98K per movie), it's going to take a while.

Armored_Mage

May 9, 2018

This, alongside the trailer, was posted. Their 10 year anniversary announcement. TLDR is: They are still working on subverse and will continue working on it.
Alongside that, they are securing funding for the related movies. Considering the price FOW is asking (About 70-98K per movie), it's going to take a while.
well.. it've alway been like that, they funding for the anim, work on multiple one at the same time, ( still got priority which one release first tho) it take a long time, but their shit is top notch, it is how we reach that 70~100k funding that is the problem lmao.
But yeah... this is fucking huge... 2024 just became a little bit better

Reactions: ice-bugcat

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
well.. it've alway been like that, they funding for the anim, work on multiple one at the same time, ( still got priority which one release first tho) it take a long time, but their shit is top notch, it is how we reach that 70~100k funding that is the problem lmao.
But yeah... this is fucking huge... 2024 just became a little bit better
Funny enough, the price seems to be huge but they earned about 15-20K a month on patreon during the glory days.
It's huge yet at the same time, it isn't considering none of the projects have scraped the 2% funding collected. FOW's main focus will be their game.

JwaoSylwa

Nov 25, 2020
On one hand it's a shame he is gonna stop doing horses and such.

On the other I respect his honesty to just out and say "I wanna stop because I am uncomfortable, and I understand if my customers and fans want to leave now that I won't be making more of that content."

Reactions: Drachar

lookyout

Nov 30, 2020
On one hand it's a shame he is gonna stop doing horses and such.

On the other I respect his honesty to just out and say "I wanna stop because I am uncomfortable, and I understand if my customers and fans want to leave now that I won't be making more of that content."
It sucks because he was easily one of the best, in terms of quality, consistency and time.

Not many could match or exceed him in one of these catergories and virtually no one could beat him if you put all three together.

Pog benis: =quality, +consistency, -time
Noname: =quality, -consistency, +time
Blueberg: -quality, +consistency, +time
Jackerman: =quality, +consistency, -time
Studio fow ++quality, -consistency, --time

Zmsfm was the bloody goldilocks of beast animations. Which he achieved through nearly a decade of work from the time of his early work like MayaXButt stallion all the way to his Magum Opus TifaXhorse. It was a core pillar of his work profile, even it it had admittedly lessened.

At the very least he'll still be doing monster animations, but it's a damn shame to lose him.:confused:

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
A hot take perhaps but I'd argue Pog Benis beats ZM in terms of quality. His animations are significantly better when it comes to visuals. Pog benis does render in cycles + he has this 500$ dog model from turbosquid. To balance that, he gets beaten by sheer amount of content ZM puts out per month. That isn't even his final form either. If he cut the variants, he could maybe squeeze in 2-3 more animations per month.
Only person I think matches his speed + quality is noname.

Another point would be that Tifa x Horse is decent. Sure, sure, it's up to a personal opinion but Tifa x Horse movie shows how far he's come from years back to now. From the terms of quality up to scene setups.
I think his defining beast animation that to this day people keep constantly mentioning is the first Lara and horse.

Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
It sucks because he was easily one of the best, in terms of quality, consistency and time.

Not many could match or exceed him in one of these catergories and virtually no one could beat him if you put all three together.

Noname: =quality, -consistency, +time
Blueberg: -quality, +consistency, +time
Jackerman: =quality, +consistency, -time
Studio fow ++quality, -consistency, --time

Zmsfm was the bloody goldilocks of beast animations. Which he achieved through nearly a decade of work from the time of his early work like MayaXButt stallion all the way to his Magum Opus TifaXhorse. It was a core pillar of his work profile, even it it had admittedly lessened.

At the very least he'll still be doing monster animations, but it's a damn shame to lose him.:confused:
I havent heard of pogbenis for a while, when was his last release?

lookyout

Nov 30, 2020
A hot take perhaps but I'd argue Pog Benis beats ZM in terms of quality. His animations are significantly better when it comes to visuals. Pog benis does render in cycles + he has this 500$ dog model from turbosquid. To balance that, he gets beaten by sheer amount of content ZM puts out per month. That isn't even his final form either. If he cut the variants, he could maybe squeeze in 2-3 more animations per month.
Only person I think matches his speed + quality is noname.

Another point would be that Tifa x Horse is decent. Sure, sure, it's up to a personal opinion but Tifa x Horse movie shows how far he's come from years back to now. From the terms of quality up to scene setups.
I think his defining beast animation that to this day people keep constantly mentioning is the first Lara and horse.
Fair points all around. In terms of doggy, I'd agree that Pog is a step above. Horse on the other hand... Is squarely in Zm's favour.

Honestly it feels like he's dropping the beast because it's the most taboo of his works and he's likely to do well without it. I feel bit like a dick for undermining his mental health concerns, but it's a little hard for me to believe that to be the only answer for it's discontinuation when he's still potentially fine using fantasy monsters that verge on full feral anyway.

I havent heard of pogbenis for a while, when was his last release?
30/10/22:geek:

He's done a few works since, but none to my knowledge have been properly leaked...
He's still working on new stuff though.

Reactions: Cenwen

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
Fair points all around. In terms of doggy, I'd agree that Pog is a step above. Horse on the other hand... Is squarely in Zm's favour.
Absolutely. Few out there can match it. Bartender and Nocure exist but for my tastes they do these ridiculous fits where the character is made out of rubber.
Honestly it feels like he's dropping the beast because it's the most taboo of his works and he's likely to do well without it. I feel bit like a dick for undermining his mental health concerns, but it's a little hard for me to believe that to be the only answer for it's discontinuation when he's still potentially fine using fantasy monsters that verge on full feral anyway.
If it was any other animator, I'd agree but Zmsfm has always been very open with people on how he does things or how he feels about certain content. Pretty sure Kemono has each of the posts detailing his progresses. Combined with fact of him mentioning how his main reason why he's able to pump out so much content is the general enjoyment of it. I'd rather take an artist who does things he enjoys, rather than one who does animations he hates, gets burned out and quits. Losing ZM would be a horrific hit to the community as not many do things he does.
In years of being subbed to ZM, I yet have to see a single "I am burned out/taking a break" message.
I don't doubt his fan count is going to take a hit because of the bestiality discontinuation for sure. Consequences of actions and all that.
It's a damn shame but hey, not much can be done. Fantasy beastlike monsters are there, sure, sure but it isn't really comparable to an actual animal.
He's done a few works since, but none to my knowledge have been properly leaked...
He's still working on new stuff though.
What a terrible decision. How are people going to find his content when they assume he's inactive. It just gives more incentive to people to leak Pog benis' content.

lookyout

Nov 30, 2020
Absolutely. Few out there can match it. Bartender and Nocure exist but for my tastes they do these ridiculous fits where the character is made out of rubber.

If it was any other animator, I'd agree but Zmsfm has always been very open with people on how he does things or how he feels about certain content. Pretty sure Kemono has each of the posts detailing his progresses. Combined with fact of him mentioning how his main reason why he's able to pump out so much content is the general enjoyment of it. I'd rather take an artist who does things he enjoys, rather than one who does animations he hates, gets burned out and quits. Losing ZM would be a horrific hit to the community as not many do things he does.
In years of being subbed to ZM, I yet have to see a single "I am burned out/taking a break" message.
I don't doubt his fan count is going to take a hit because of the bestiality discontinuation for sure. Consequences of actions and all that.
It's a damn shame but hey, not much can be done. Fantasy beastlike monsters are there, sure, sure but it isn't really comparable to an actual animal.

What a terrible decision. How are people going to find his content when they assume he's inactive. It just gives more incentive to people to leak Pog benis' content.
Zmsfm:
I'll admit your account does make me more willingly to give him the benefit of the doubt, and it is FAR better than him just disappearing like others before him (Gob-bluth to name one of many). It just feels like a "hail hydra" moment. *Sigh* Yeah... time for me to move on to the last stage of grief.

Eh, the big cat monster (from Baldur's gate 3?) is pushing it tbh.

Pog benis:
He's recently expressed interest on being more open (to his discord users) about the timeline of his work, but in terms of his wider audience, no real clue.

Reactions: Cenwen

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
(Gob-bluth to name one of many). It just feels like a "hail hydra" moment. *Sigh* Yeah... time for me to move on to the last stage of grief.
That's a name I haven't heard in such a long time. I remember him from days of the Tumblr era. After that he just disappeared from face of the earth.

I agree about the BG3 monster but then again, it does have those big tentacles on its back and 6 legs.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes