Your realization time for "Patreon Acquires F95zone"

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I'm pretty much in the same boat as most here. Almost died when I saw the banner.
And even after reading the 'news' article I still had my doubts, it had dawned to me what date it was... but hey, given Patreon's antics. Well, yah nvr know...
So came back here and saw the threads pop up.

Must say it got me good. Best one in a very long time. Well played, and how on-point it is.
Would probably have even been better if there had been a post of Sam stating roughly about the same news.
Guess that would have perpetuated the joke a good deal longer. :ROFLMAO:

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
While I get that there was a joke banner today for the Patreon acquisition, there has been a different banner the last couple days with a more official looking announcement.

Considering that, I'm still not sure if the entire announcement is an elaborate hoax for April Fools, or if the funnier one today simply is and there might still be an actual acquisition.

Only tomorrow will tell for sure.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Here in my country we don't have April fool's day (we celebrate it 12/28) but I did learn some things from the internet haha. But yeah, I forgot anyway lol. Plus it was still 3/31 here, so it was cheating!
It was a good prank altogether. Happy April fool's Day!
You celebrate APRIL Fool's Day in DECEMBER?!

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
They did got for a few moments there. But as soon as I saw the logo with 'by Patreon' I got it.

It was still March 31st here when they 'announced' it, so I did consider to be true.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Not going to lie, I had a mini major heart attack when I read the news. Fortunately it was for a second only
Why?

We already basically ban all the same stuff Patreon does (on paper anyway) and since 90% of the non-eastern games here also have a Patreon most wouldn't risk it even if we didn't. We practically already have an unofficial affiliation with patreon.

Way too many of the games here seemingly exist only to milk Patreon's udders. I mean, that's probably not actually true, but it sure feels like it.

If the UN/Japanese activists successfully crack down on eastern pron like they want to, we're in for an only somewhat distant future with incredibly sanitized erotic content made for a monetization hellscape serving as the underworld mirror the regular gaming market.

Yeah, I know it was just a joke, and yes, I am aware I harp about this way too much, but whatever. I absolutely hate April Fools, so let me be its Scrooge.

kira07

Feb 28, 2018
after all these years in f95zone i feel like april fool's is the most important anniversary and tradition of the site

by the way i can't believe i just got rickrolled in 2024, there's mixed feelings in me rightnow, a lot of nostalgia

Reactions: KingBel

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I was fooled by some minutes... until I remembered the date, March 31 (Still on my timezone), so April 1st must have begun in some timezones. But it was damn good, my jaw almost dropped when I was seeing the link of the patreon news page, and the look and design were almost equal.

The ammount of effort here was huge. And it paid off.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know if I was completely fooled, but I was shocked for a second or two. The first thing I noticed was that the original announcement was partially cut off. After copy/pasting it to read, I dawned on me that Patreon had no reason to even want F95 in the first place.

It was only then that I checked out the blog post and realized what the date was. Furthermore, I also double checked the URL to be sure and noticed the "-" vs "." differences between the official, and parody sites.

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
It wasn't April 1st for me yet when the site updated, it still only got me for a few seconds though. I clicked and skimmed through the article and was like, oh yeah april fools.

I'm more surprised by how many people made threads on it without reading through the others to see the many people saying it was an april fools joke lol.

Rock Licker

Dec 25, 2023
The banner caught my attention when I was waking up, then I was staring at the screen of awe. Then started to read the fake Patreon link (without knowing this I was being directed to that link - I never visited the main Patreon page ever, so I had no idea what it looked like) and while I was reading the post, I was trying to catch up what was going on. It was for sure a long half to 1 minute for sure.

It's for sure the only April Fools that really got me. I personally don't like April Fools, mind you.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
The thing that got me was the announcement went up on Easter , not yet April 1st ...I was like OH, FUCK, There goes the neighborhood , Patreon Nazi gestapo coming in to ruin everything I started thinking of all the great games that have either vanished or had to rework themselves to fit in to their bullshit terms of service, and how much we would lose so yeah they got me :oops: .....thank God it was only a sick April fools joke. goblins in office.jpg

Reactions: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE