Your preferred VN "hero" Main Character style ? (Poll)

How do you prefer play has ?

• fashion teenager look ?(like almost all 3D game)

• loser teenage look ?(cheap 3D game xD)

• casual young adult ?(random sim's dude)

• loser young adult ?(like many JP hentai game featuring an otaku)

• grown man ?(beard, muscle etc)

• old perv man ?(why not)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
Hello guys !

Im actually making a game and i wanted the community opinion

The player will play has a man and "train" different girl (like in Akabur game), so he's obviously a perv.

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
Pov is a theme people like too.
I agree but its difficult to build a good story with POV

My game need a graphic representation of the player, and the goal is to appeal to the most of player since the player look don't have much impact on my story, i wil just have to do some slight adjustement...

Still im surprised by the lack of battle between vote, the casual young adult is easy to appropriate when role playing, but its not a much fun character to "play" imo.
I think people forget or misunderstand that a lot when they play game.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
If it is training then i would think an experienced main protagonist. Looser and casual just don't fit is their mind going to be on the job at hand .Fashion probably more obsessed with himself than the job in hand.so for me that leaves grown man or pervy old man.I would go grown man but without beard. as it was drummed into me in my pubescent years that not shaving is lazy.

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
I agree but its difficult to build a good story with POV

My game need a graphic representation of the player, and the goal is to appeal to the most of player since the player look don't have much impact on my story, i wil just have to do some slight adjustement...

Still im surprised by the lack of battle between vote, the casual young adult is easy to appropriate when role playing, but its not a much fun character to "play" imo.
I think people forget or misunderstand that a lot when they play game.
It depends on the game, story, setting, etc. There is Pros and Cons when it comes to POV, I.E. easier to make, not everyone wants to look that ugly ass male 3d models, easier to kind of put yourself in the MC shoes, Etc.

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
My choise is atm on a young adult with a hoodie, i will probably darken the forhead under the hoodie to make the eye/mouth expression during dialogue more visible and evil.
During sexe scene i will mostly use POV, so i think its a good compromise

Reactions: Prokopije and nln0

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
As I prefer lesbian games, I prefer female protagonists. But in the rare case I play male protagonist games, the protagonist has to be a grown man, who is neither a teenage virgin nor an old creep. In the best case some fantasy or science fiction archetype. Mad scientist for harem and domination games, strong warrior for mom-son incest stuff, intellectual wizard for more romantic stories.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I prefer female MC's but if I have to play a male I prefer one in their late 20's or older.

I'm not exactly young and I can't "empathise" with a virgin teenager. All those games with generic teen groping their family while they sleep, not my idea of fun.

Best example of what I class as a decent male MC is the guy in Depraved Awakening. Lived a bit, knows what he's doing and doesn't act like a stuttering dickless virgin the second he gets a view of pussy. The guy talk to a woman and fucks them, he doesn't wait for them to fall asleep and wank over their arse.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Well, the original post is kind of old now but thanks to Atios for bringing it back. The results are quite clear that people prefer playing a respectable normal person, whether they be a young adult or older. Yet the majority of games still feature despicable, young, loser punks. Game Developers, take note!

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Good I hate playing as 18 year olds who couldn't lift a bag of sugar to save their lives...

POV is a what most games use, but I see myself multiple times a day (mirrors etc) irl so you can't just not have a MC at all or it's completely unrealistic.

ponk

Donor
Feb 19, 2018
I don't really care about the age as long as he is interesting. Can he be shota character sure but don't make him so innocent that when he already is having sex with the third female that he still blushes. Can he be an old man sure why not? Can he a highschool student sure just don't make him to vanilla.