VN HTML Ren'Py Writer looking for skilled DAZ artist

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
So I recently made a thread to help with some of my decision making. I wanted to know whether I should do this on my own when I have the opportunity, or find collaborative help in the making of my game.

Coding I can work out on my own. I'll either be using HTML or Ren'Py, haven't decided as yet, but I just decided to tag both in the prefix.

Though a small amount of suggestions, majority said I should go forward with collaborative help. Thing is, I have a specific vision for the heroine. Among other characters as well. And since I set myself to a high standard, I have a specific way I want these things to be done. That's the reason why I felt like it would be best to do it on my own, but if I can communicate the appearance of the heroine and see the results I get by anyone up for the task, then so be it. So let me explain what I'm looking for in a DAZ artist first and foremost.

1. Must be fluent English speaker.

2. Experience with DAZ. I'd like the quality of the renders to match that of Big Brother for example. Not necessarily on a 4k scale, but they need to look good.
2(a). Must have knowledge of morphing.
2(b). Posing and expressions can't look stiff. What I mean is that often times in games, I see characters are posed a certain way but sometimes they look kind of stiff. Like in DMD, if the daughter looks up at the father, sometimes she'd look stiff necked. Other examples are walking poses where their arms are too far extended or if they're holding something, they might hold it like a robot. I want the poses to feel natural, not robotic.
2(c). Must have knowledge of lighting.
3. This isn't really a requirement, but I'd consider it essential. Make sure your PC can take the load. Considering other develops can dish out 200+ images every month, I'd prefer if your PC can meet that standard if it comes down to that.

That's about it. The only other thing is schedule, but I don't think this game will be monthly releases. As in this will more than likely be a finished game, but done in episodes.

So let me give you the basic run down of the story I want to create.

Summary: Vanessa is a 23 year old girl who keeps to herself and doesn't socialize with others very often. She keeps her circle extremely small and is often viewed by her cafe workmates as antisocial. Problem is, her attractive appearance conflicts with her personality. You'd never expect someone as attractive as her to be so closed off from everyone else. At least that was how it was in high school, as you remember. You, a 21 year old unemployed man named Isaiah who recently graduated from high school due to financial instability and lives with his mom as he finds out what he wants to do in life seeks a job at the same cafe that Vanessa works for 3 reasons. Vanessa's presence captivated you. You sort of need the money. Annnnd, your mom doesn't want your lazy ass doing nothing all day long. But as you build up your relationship with Vanessa, you find out that her passive attitude isn't without reason. Is your attraction worth the struggle? You be the judge.

That's it. Keep in mind, this is NOT an incest story. The MC lives with his mom, but I don't necessarily plan on her being a big-titted milf, but a fairly attractive mature lady who concerns herself with everything her child does. I mean for this to be a more character-driven story than your average adult game. Not like the pretentiously-written "Dual Family" mind you, but something with realistic depth and everyday circumstances.

And now, how I want Vanessa to look.

There is no need to morph this model, she's fine as is. But since Vanessa is a girl who keeps to herself, don't add any unnecessary makeup, because she isn't one to fascinate over cosmetics such as lipstick, eye shadow, nail polish etc. Keep her appearance as it is in the first picture. You can build the scene any way you want to, as long as the quality of the render is how I described.

I hope you guys aren't overwhelmed by the wall of text. But thanks in advance for taking the time!

Reactions: Palanto

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
Well, I speak English. I'm familiar with Daz.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally, I would prefer using Ren'py as the engine, just because I generally won't even download HTML games, but I understand using what you're most familiar with.

If you're interested in working together, shoot me a pm, and we can get more into the nitty-gritty of what we expect from each other and start hashing out the details.

Thanks.