[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Share Unpaid Writer & Designer Duo looking for a Team

Craasher

Dec 15, 2020
Who are we?
We are two writers and game designers who have always enjoyed monster girls and adored storytelling and worldbuilding. I often dragged my buddy into conversations about my disappointment with certain aspects of the genre, and how I feel it could be approached in a new, exciting way. I have written a few short stories focused on science fiction and fantasy, and am also actively working on a novel. My specialties are in political fiction, complex character development, and dialogue.

What is the Project?
Working Title
The Son of Adam: Masks of the Trickster

This is a 3D Fantasy Action Adventure game inspired by Elden Ring, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, and The Witcher. Play as Jerauld, Son of Abraham, a super-human Crusader knight of the Order, who is accompanied by Iani, the shapeshifting trickster goddess of masks. Much of this is rooted in the question: How would humans react to a world that is highly hostile to them, sexually and otherwise? A great focus is put on how a strong government would create and maintain routes, forces, and trade agreements to ensure power and survival.

As of now, the project is purely conceptual, with thorough, yet still evolving design documentation, a complete narrative outline, a near-complete mechanical outline, and a script currently in the works. Various mechanics have already been detailed in the design documentation with a clear and concise vision.

Necessary Talent:
Godot Programmer:
We are leaning towards Godot for development, and would therefore like to have someone familiar with its tools and functions.
We would like to recruit as many as we are able to, as needed mechanics would be the following:
Stealth
Inventory
Enemy behavior
Ally behavior

3D Artist/Animator:
Ideally using Blender, or any program that is viable with Godot
We would require someone who can design and/or animate monster girls, a heavily armed and armored knight, and other miscellaneous characters in combat, conversation, and coitus.
All of this would be in an anime-style

Commitment?
Realistically, a part time position, but for the long-term.
Both of us are still working day-jobs and school, thus we won't ask you to put in more than we'd be able to.

Compensation?
As we stand now, there is little we can currently offer. It is effectively unpaid for now, with the potential for revenue share and/or a switch to proper paid work if/when more funding is acquired.
That being said, paid work is negotiable depending what you're asking. We'll try to work with you, if you're wiling to work with us.

Interested?
If this feverish leap of faith is something you'd like to swan-dive into, you can comment below with:
Your Skillset
Your Experience
Why this project interests you
Your Portfolio (if applicable)
Your Expectations from us regarding work, pay, and anything else you'd like us to know
Your Favorite type of Monster Girl

How do I reach you?
Discord would be best. You can add me as sorrows_end (or Sorrows_End#3906).
From there, we can chat more about the project, answering any questions or comments you may still have, and I'll add you to the development server from there.

Last edited:

Dyschology

Jul 31, 2019
Would you be open to using Godot? It's a similar engine to Unity. I have some experience in Unity but given their (somewhat) recent conversion to a public company and shift towards being focused on mobile game development I've lost my interest in investing time to really master their system.

Godot is FOSS (MIT license) so it's entirely free to use commercially and the recent release of Godot 4 has brought it's feature set more in line with the other major game engines. It's main downsides are it's less optimized 3D collision calculations and that fact that it, like all other game engines, can't really hold a candle to Unreal 4 when it comes to extremely high fidelity life like graphics. But the former shouldn't be an issue unless you plan to implement a super physics heavy simulation with lots of moving parts and the later shouldn't be an issue given you currently plan on using Unity and probably don't have a budget for the type of AAA graphics and lighting that would out scale Godot.

As for my own credentials I'm a professional software engineer in my real job but a hobbyist game dev in my free time. I have toyed around with solo game dev for a while but I find I really work best on a team. I've been looking for a project to work on that would let me really learn Godot in depth so this might be a good fit.

I'll link my demo folder below. There's nothing too impressive but it will at least show that I can develop game systems. The most interesting are probably the ones labeled "Trainer and Crafting Demo" and the "Platformer Prototype" which was a project I started with an 2D artist who unfortunately decided they didn't have time to continue past the proof of concept. All of the demos can be run but every one besides the renpy inventory will throw warnings about viruses. They of course don't have any malware in them, the warning comes from the fact that it's an executable from an unknown publisher. But you really should never run a random exe you find on the internet so I added pictures and videos to view instead. If you happen to have a virtual machine or crappy old laptop, or just don't care, the demos can be run by downloading the zip or exe, unzipping if needed, and then running the exe file. I also have a pretty fully featured inventory I programmed in Unity that I have laying around on an old hard drive somewhere that I could probably find if you really want to see Unity based development.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Houtamelo

Craasher

Dec 15, 2020
Would you be open to using Godot? It's a similar engine to Unity. I have some experience in Unity but given their (somewhat) recent conversion to a public company and shift towards being focused on mobile game development I've lost my interest in investing time to really master their system.

Godot is FOSS (MIT license) so it's entirely free to use commercially and the recent release of Godot 4 has brought it's feature set more in line with the other major game engines. It's main downsides are it's less optimized 3D collision calculations and that fact that it, like all other game engines, can't really hold a candle to Unreal 4 when it comes to extremely high fidelity life like graphics. But the former shouldn't be an issue unless you plan to implement a super physics heavy simulation with lots of moving parts and the later shouldn't be an issue given you currently plan on using Unity and probably don't have a budget for the type of AAA graphics and lighting that would out scale Godot.

As for my own credentials I'm a professional software engineer in my real job but a hobbyist game dev in my free time. I have toyed around with solo game dev for a while but I find I really work best on a team. I've been looking for a project to work on that would let me really learn Godot in depth so this might be a good fit.

I'll link my demo folder below. There's nothing too impressive but it will at least show that I can develop game systems. The most interesting are probably the ones labeled "Trainer and Crafting Demo" and the "Platformer Prototype" which was a project I started with an 2D artist who unfortunately decided they didn't have time to continue past the proof of concept. All of the demos can be run but every one besides the renpy inventory will throw warnings about viruses. They of course don't have any malware in them, the warning comes from the fact that it's an executable from an unknown publisher. But you really should never run a random exe you find on the internet so I added pictures and videos to view instead. If you happen to have a virtual machine or crappy old laptop, or just don't care, the demos can be run by downloading the zip or exe, unzipping if needed, and then running the exe file. I also have a pretty fully featured inventory I programmed in Unity that I have laying around on an old hard drive somewhere that I could probably find if you really want to see Unity based development.

Godot would absolutely be an option we're willing to explore. To be honest, we're not super particular at the moment, and opted for a seemingly popular option at the time. I do feel switching to Godot may work as well as, if not better than, Unity all things considered.

I haven't had a chance to look at the demos yet, but you've already got me interested with your mentions of both platforming and crafting systems.

How would you prefer I reach out to you for further discussion?

Dyschology

Jul 31, 2019
Hey! Glad to hear it. Discord is probably my preferred communication if you have one. You can add me "dyschology" (or try Dyschology#4352 if that doesn't work).

Craasher

Dec 15, 2020
Hey! Glad to hear it. Discord is probably my preferred communication if you have one. You can add me "dyschology" (or try Dyschology#4352 if that doesn't work).
Perfect. You should receive a message from a Sorrows_End (Sorrows_End#3906)