• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py would like to try my hand at walkthrough mods

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
As title suggests would like to try my hand at walkthrough mods for renpy .initially this would be for my own personnel use . but may expand if i get a handle on it .So if some one could point me to the right resources i would be gratefull . thanks in advance

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You need to know what you are doing first, for that I would suggest learning how renpy works, play around with the to grasp the basics.

After you know what to do you can start modifying games. The simplest walkthrough mods will just change the button colors for the correct choices, but you can get as detailed as you would like depending on the game and walkthrough complexity.

Nov 27, 2018
You need to know what you are doing first

... is what I tend to do when I mod/alter things. Find the code fragments that I'm interested in and learn upwards from there as I progress.
The linked anne O'nymous's suggestion is better for one's sanity for games in active development, though.