• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py working on a game

Professor Cloak

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I'm a newbie with a potato Pc , i have been working on a game since the last year (since I'm not very good with Daz or renpy) I would like your opinion . The first version is near completion so please let me know if the renders are satisfactory. Any advice will be appreciated .

Reactions: T biswas

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with them personally. I have seen much, much worse in many games that do well on here. The first one could use a little better expression maybe, but it isn't too bad. An Alexandra Daddario look a like, which is a good thing in my book. I think these would work just fine for you. Good luck.

Veileos

Feb 7, 2022
They look good. Looks better then some other Daz games and even a little better then most HS2 games. Two things did jump out at me though. The first pic her teeth look black I dunno if thats a shadow problem or not. Also the file sizes you might want to convert them to webp to shrink that. Attached a example of the first pic at 90% quality.

Professor Cloak

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with them personally. I have seen much, much worse in many games that do well on here. The first one could use a little better expression maybe, but it isn't too bad. An Alexandra Daddario look a like, which is a good thing in my book. I think these would work just fine for you. Good luck.
Now that you mention it...she does look like her, even though I didnt intentionally do it...

Professor Cloak

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
They look good. Looks better then some other Daz games and even a little better then most HS2 games. Two things did jump out at me though. The first pic her teeth look black I dunno if thats a shadow problem or not. Also the file sizes you might want to convert them to webp to shrink that. Attached a example of the first pic at 90% quality.
I'm thinking of putting a request for game compression later.
I think the problem is with the shadows, truth be told I totally overlooked it, I'm seeing it now....but anything can't be done...I plan to release the game tomorow.