Ren'Py Won't open

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
are you on a mac or windows?

if you on windows are you sure downloaded the windows version and not the mac version?

Edit: download and it extracts fine and runs fine

1667405465590.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
it is checked but still does the same, the other game works fine
Hmm... The only difference I see is the use of Ren'Py 8.x. Therefore, among those others, it's there Frozen Past, Lucie, Pure Love, Writer's Visit, or a game you know to be made with Ren'Py 8.x ?
Else, can you download the latest (the compressed version is enough). It's relatively lame, but it's the smallest (in size) Ren'Py 8.x game I remember.

if you on windows are you sure downloaded the windows version and not the mac version?
Talking about this, it's probably useless but worth being asked: The game have a hotfix with just the RPA for the scripts. It's not what you are trying to launch, right ?

AstroBunny

Dec 4, 2019

View attachment 2141816
I am running windows. Few other games were doing it too. So ZenosAnthology worked, Tower of dreams chapter 2 did not as well, Deadmoon survival did not work. I recently reformat the computer 3 weeks ago. I went to try download it again make sure i hit window's version. say filename(2) So I am hitting right download link

Also this is the first time I ever had this problem too.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
what are the links that you download from the most?
are you using a ad blocker at all?

it's possible that you are getting bad download links from the file host from their ad service

AstroBunny

Dec 4, 2019
Hmm... The only difference I see is the use of Ren'Py 8.x. Therefore, among those others, it's there Frozen Past, Lucie, Pure Love, Writer's Visit, or a game you know to be made with Ren'Py 8.x ?
Else, can you download the latest (the compressed version is enough). It's relatively lame, but it's the smallest (in size) Ren'Py 8.x game I remember.

Talking about this, it's probably useless but worth being asked: The game have a hotfix with just the RPA for the scripts. It's not what you are trying to launch, right ?

View attachment 2141816
So I found out the problem. Since it was for some reason no opening the zip file with winrar, it was no uncompressing it properly. When I realized this and right click and open it up with winrar. the game works now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So I found out the problem. Since it was for some reason no opening the zip file with winrar, it was no uncompressing it properly. When I realized this and right click and open it up with winrar. the game works now.
Er... Oh ! I think that I'll never get never used to winrar weirdness and the possibility it give to run software without firstly explicitly extracting them.