Tool Wolf RPG Wolf RPG Decryptor

Apr 29, 2022
Seconding this, I updated my C++ to the latest, yet the WolfDec window still refuses to stay open for more than 0.1 seconds.

Help is much appreciated
That's a command line tool, it doesn't seem to have any UI. So either
1. Drag and drop your .wolf files onto the WolfDec.exe
or
2. Open it in whatever terminal you're using via comand prompts, as WolfDec.exe <.wolf-files>
Example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a sidenote, I could really use some help or advice with a certain game. I've tried tools listed in this post but they don't seem to work with this one.

Is it possible to unpack Data.bin of a game made with new Wolf RPG (version 3.something)?
Any advice on how to get encryption key for the said Data.bin or wolf rpg archives in general?

Apr 29, 2022
If you mean data.wolf, then it may still be decrypted.
It depends on the author used the encrypt function or not.
example that can be decrypted
This example indeed unpacks with modified WolfDec.

The game I tried to unpack has Data.bin and Game.bin next to GamePro.exe, so no Data.wolf file. Data.bin seems to also be DX archive like in the game you provided, but I couldn't unpack it with tools yet.

My guess is that it's encrypted with a key, and I'd like to know if there's a way to somehow get (or guess) that key

Sinflower

Sep 28, 2018
My guess is that it's encrypted with a key, and I'd like to know if there's a way to somehow get (or guess) that key
That's correct; one of the "features" the Pro version of WolfRPG Editor offers is the option to set a custom protection key for the project, based on which a unique decryption key is created. I am currently writing a new tool capable of decrypting any Pro game. As for the different file extension, that's also part of the Pro version, as it allows the developer to select an extension different from .wolf.
Anyway, the attached version of WolfDec contains the key needed to extract the game you want, just drag and drop Data.bin onto the exe and it should extract.

Edit: Oh great, it's flagged as a VIRUS ..., feel free to open an issue on github.com/Sinflower/WolfDec if you don't trust the uploaded file.

Apr 29, 2022
Anyway, the attached version of WolfDec contains the key needed to extract the game you want, just drag and drop Data.bin onto the exe and it should extract..
You == the best!
Thanks for the tool, it worked like a charm.
After a few days of searching and trying I finally have the files, thank you.

Edit: Oh great, it's flagged as a VIRUS ..., feel free to open an issue on github.com/Sinflower/WolfDec if you don't trust the uploaded file.
Seems like false positive, or maybe scanners have some "personal" issues with the tool.
Virustotal indeed displays 6 threats.
Scanned locally with ESET, file is clean. Extraction successful, no problems encountered.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
New latest Wolf Pro decrypter at , ENJOY (does decrypt non wolf pro versions as well). :3

Reactions: kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I've managed to unpack the files but now I can't edit the game. When I download their newest editor it says "Game is pro version, abort startup". Do I need to get the pro editor or what?

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
I've managed to unpack the files but now I can't edit the game. When I download their newest editor it says "Game is pro version, abort startup". Do I need to get the pro editor or what?
Wat game is it (if it's not LOLI then I'll be happy 2 help you)? >w>

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Wat game is it (if it's not LOLI then I'll be happy 2 help you)? >w>

This is the game. I used Mtool to translate the game but it breaks down potions(you don't get healed when you use it on map but it consumes item) because it translates some Japanese words in code that it probably shouldn't. That's why I want to edit the game in Wolf RPG editor and translate the things for potions manually to prevent the Mtool from breaking it.

But when I unpacked the files and tried to open it in the free editor that you can download from their website ( ), I get the message I don't have the pro version. Maybe there is some way to bypass it but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020

This is the game. I used Mtool to translate the game but it breaks down potions(you don't get healed when you use it on map but it consumes item) because it translates some Japanese words in code that it probably shouldn't. That's why I want to edit the game in Wolf RPG editor and translate the things for potions manually to prevent the Mtool from breaking it.

But when I unpacked the files and tried to open it in the free editor that you can download from their website ( ), I get the message I don't have the pro version. Maybe there is some way to bypass it but I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Well unless U can provide meh with free DL link 4 the game and NOT the Store Page dan I can't help U any further. X3
(U can message meh with an DL link if U don't like sharing with the public. >w> )

Dis f95zone exist 4 us poor people dat can't buy games like a normal person would, and it also allows us 2 test games 2. >w<

Reactions: testing321

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
Surgy

The OC of this program made a gui version of it called UberWolf

thought you may want to know about it and possibly add it to thread.

+ I got no clue how to give it proper japanese filename support or if it has it already lol

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
linylo: Added it to the first post. I personally prefer to use the console, so nothing much changes, but the option to extract the decryption key from a Pro exe seems very useful. The broken decoded Japanese filenames occurred relatively rarely and it only affects those who want to modify/run an unpacked game and not simply check its pics/music so it's not that critical in general even in case if it's not fixed.

Last edited: