• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

"With" statement in ren'py script doesn't work

hhhhh77

Mar 27, 2018
Guys I have a problem with a Ren'Py script. Basically I want to add some transition effects to backgrounds since i work with StudioNEOV2 and I don't usually do image overlap. But every single preconstituted effect to use with the "with" statement (like vpunch, dissolve, wipe ecc..) litterally doesn't work. I already did the last upgrades for renpy ( I have version 8.1.1) but it still continue to not work. For example I write:

scene presentation
with vpunch

and during the test of the game the change of the screen appens with absolutely no effects, but there are no bugs reported
Are there any type of initializations that I have to write on the script to unlock those type of transitions? Please help
Thanks

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hi, I'm not a renpy expert but have you tried putting the "with" after the scene call out in the same line?

This is your example.
scene presentation
with vpunch

These are examples I took from a game.
scene blk with fade
show screen message with fade
pause 1.0
hide screen message with fade
scene a00 with fade
scene a04 with vpunch

I hope this helps.
I know learning Renpy on my own has been frustrating. The YouTube videos only help a little.
I'm more of a person who needs a teacher to help as I go in real-time.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
and during the test of the game the change of the screen appens with absolutely no effects, but there are no bugs reported
Open the preference page from the game, and uncheck "skip transition".

Reactions: hhhhh77