Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Feeding the natives, are you, MM? You know that will only increase the frenzy...

Even my Job-like patience is tested when you post titillating pics reminding me of what I'm missing (I did a full uninstall waiting for 1.27...)

timoth31

May 7, 2018
MadMerlin Aka MadTeaser

Will this be in 1.27, or you just added it yet and it will be for later, or in a version you made?

MadMerlin

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2017
since you posted this pic, is it possible to do something for the clipping between choker and collar of the shirt?
That's not really and option, sadly. If I have the choker or any other neck item like the scarf a layer behind the shirt, some of it would be covered up by the shirt. There will be clipping either way so this is the best compromise.

Edit:
- Will this be in 1.27, or you just added it yet and it will be for later, or in a version you made?

Yes it will be in the upcoming release (1.27)!

Reactions: timoth31

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
That's not really and option, sadly. If I have the choker or any other neck item like the scarf a layer behind the shirt, some of it would be covered up by the shirt. There will be clipping either way so this is the best compromise.
Since its closer to the skin than the shirt, it makes sense it'd be covered by the shirt, or?

Could you throw us an image where the choker is layered behind the shirt? Just to see what you mean, since it sounds like its how it should be to look natural.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
My guess is that it has to do with the way the layers of each piece are set up. Pushing the chocker to a layer beneath the shirt would cause other interactions.

There are obvious solutions, but they may be challenging to implement without changing the existing assets in some ways.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
In photoshop it would be trivial, just slice the pieces into a few more layers and arrange them appropriately. I don't know how Ren'Py handles it though, it very may well make it more complicated.

Hyperion006

Sep 28, 2017
True, i think you wuld have to compose the costume from mulitiple layers and chenge all of them. So it wuld be a lot of work for 1 item

user_69

May 7, 2018
I think the only way to solve the choker clipping would be to make a second image of the choker where it cuts off at the shirt. So you'd have one layer of the choker that displays when the shirt is there, where the choker cuts off, and a second layer that only displays when the shirt is not there. I have no idea how Ren'Py works or if that would be possible, however. And it would definitely require a bunch of extra work. It's not as simple as just putting the choker layer under the shirt layer though.

4.20 star(s) 75 Votes