>Cho Quidditch intro with costume to suit
>Astoria intro
>Astoria/Susan spell level 1
>Astoria spell training 1 (with CG)
>Luna/Hermione/Genie threeway (with CG)
>Susan intro
>Tonks intro with new outfit
>Tonks student scene 1
>Complete overhaul of the entire UI, posing and wardrobe system thanks to MadMerlin.
>Some more Snape scenes.
-courtesy of Mo

Reactions: Mastershake

Bertinrow

Sep 4, 2017
Atleast now the Devs know they have a pretty solid following if they hadn't known it already. Said hopefully the 15th and two days later people are freaking out lol.

Reactions: Mastershake

MadMerlin

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2017
>Cho Quidditch intro with costume to suit
>Astoria intro
>Astoria/Susan spell level 1
>Astoria spell training 1 (with CG)
>Luna/Hermione/Genie threeway (with CG)
>Susan intro
>Tonks intro with new outfit
>Tonks student scene 1
>Complete overhaul of the entire UI, posing and wardrobe system thanks to MadMerlin.
>Some more Snape scenes.
-courtesy of Mo
Sounds about right.
Most of the big changes I made for this update you shouldn't even notice. Like Hermione's face layer got a complete overhaul, and with all the bugfixing and improvements I did to the old favours, which required me to pretty much re-write the whole game. I don't know how many lines of code the game has. If I had to guess I'd say I maybe had to go through about 30,000 lines.
If I did my job well, this game should be at least 80% bug-free now!
It's also worth a re-play since the old favours got some improvements. All the dialogue and gameplay is the same but it feels a bit more polished. And you actually get to look at a bit more than just stripping chibis! (Just saying you might not want to just fast forward skipping everything, or ask for a save) :)

Ps: I also considered dropping a link here for the "update" with a rick-roll, but thought that would be a bit too cruel. Have patience everyone!

Edit: It might be fun to some to just play both 1.26 and 1.27(upcoming update) next to each other to see all the changes.

Bertinrow

Sep 4, 2017
I was totally planning a fresh run on this update anyways, now I know it'll be more rewarding. I'm being as patient as possible Merlin, think you can give a possible, POSSIBLE ETA?

MadMerlin

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2017
Atleast now the Devs know they have a pretty solid following if they hadn't known it already. Said hopefully the 15th and two days later people are freaking out lol.
Yeah lol. I think this thread hit 400,000 view maybe two or three weeks ago, and now we're closing in on the 500!

I was totally planning a fresh run on this update anyways, now I know it'll be more rewarding. I'm being as patient as possible Merlin, think you can give a possible, POSSIBLE ETA?
I actually don't know myself!!! Me and Soggy are done with our part of the update. We're all just waiting for Mo.

I feel like we're at the end of Return of the King, and we're all just waiting for Mo to drop the ring into the fire.
(I like to think I'm Gandalf in that context, starting to cry when at long last the update finally releases :`) )

Edit: Here is an image I shared on the discord.

Some more customization for Hermione's wardrobe. The color options for most of her clothing, as well as the other two houses cheerleader attire will make it into the patch too!

user_69

May 7, 2018
Yeah lol. I think this thread hit 400,000 view maybe two or three weeks ago, and now we're closing in on the 500!

I actually don't know myself!!! Me and Soggy are done with our part of the update. We're all just waiting for Mo.

I feel like we're at the end of Return of the King, and we're all just waiting for Mo to drop the ring into the fire.
(I like to think I'm Gandalf in that context, starting to cry when at long last the update finally releases :`) )

Edit: Here is an image I shared on the discord.

Some more customization for Hermione's wardrobe. The color options for most of her clothing, as well as the other two houses cheerleader attire will make it into the patch too!
oh my god im so hype

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Heh. Instead of the end where he's dropping the ring, this feels more like the end just before he sails off to the west...as in an interminable wait filled with tears and anticipation!

EsUnPinguino

Feb 15, 2018
Sounds about right.
Most of the big changes I made for this update you shouldn't even notice. Like Hermione's face layer got a complete overhaul, and with all the bugfixing and improvements I did to the old favours, which required me to pretty much re-write the whole game. I don't know how many lines of code the game has. If I had to guess I'd say I maybe had to go through about 30,000 lines.
If I did my job well, this game should be at least 80% bug-free now!
It's also worth a re-play since the old favours got some improvements. All the dialogue and gameplay is the same but it feels a bit more polished. And you actually get to look at a bit more than just stripping chibis! (Just saying you might not want to just fast forward skipping everything, or ask for a save) :)

Ps: I also considered dropping a link here for the "update" with a rick-roll, but thought that would be a bit too cruel. Have patience everyone!

Edit: It might be fun to some to just play both 1.26 and 1.27(upcoming update) next to each other to see all the changes.
Did you personally go through all of the dialogue and chibis yourself MM? Huge kudos to you if so. Also, can you give an idea of what changed or what to look for in the favors? I held off playing 1.26 so I've had an itch to play a new version of this game for a bit now.

Again, big props to all the devs. Seems like the snowball effect finally took with this mod as it is very justified. Cheers and have a good night to all of you :)

MadMerlin

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2017
Also, can you give an idea of what changed or what to look for in the favors? I held off playing 1.26 so I've had an itch to play a new version of this game for a bit now.
Sure :)

Old Dance Favour when Snape comes in:

New Dance Favour when Snape comes in:

The Dance one had the most changes. Also whenever Hermione's removing clothes there is now a little animation playing. :)

Did you personally go through all of the dialogue and chibis yourself MM? Huge kudos to you if so.
Yep. Well I automated the process of updating Hermione's face. I made a post about it a while ago on this forum you might want to have a look at.

How do you play the experimental version?!? All I can do is look through the files....
The old experimental version you see in the pastebin isn't currently used anymore. The new one will be released with the new update. If you have a game version already installed, make a backup of it, then delete the game folder and replace it with the game folder from the experimental version. You probably also need to add the music folder since that's missing from the experimental version.

Reactions: EsUnPinguino
4.20 star(s) 75 Votes