HTML Completed WIP Translation for A Busty JK Teaches How To Do Petit Compensated Dating [School Love]

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I've been getting into translation and so far this one seems to be the easiest for me as the text files aren't hard to access at all. Currently I've been working on the title screen and figured I could use some opinions on the title logo I've made for it. Here's the original.
originallabel.PNG
Here's the english version I made in photoshop.
improvedlabel.PNG
Personally I don't think it matches up to the original in terms of style so ideas to improve it would be appreciated. It's still better than my failed lazy attempt I did with some logo maker site online though but it can be better. For reference you can see it here.
failedlabel.PNG

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
So I've been getting into translation and so far this one seems to be the easiest for me as the text files aren't hard to access at all. Currently I've been working on the title screen and figured I could use some opinions on the title logo I've made for it. Here's the original.
View attachment 169544
View attachment 169545
Personally I don't think it matches up to the original in terms of style so ideas to improve it would be appreciated. It's still better than my failed lazy attempt I did with some logo maker site online though but it can be better. For reference you can see it here.
View attachment 169546
Personally, I like the top one much more. It looks good!

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I've almost complete this translation and for a short game there are some lines that drive me nuts like when they decide to use sound effects like chupa which is like a sucking sound. I'd say it's 80% done however I still need to clean up the formating of the text a bit, tutorial page needs a translation with some of the UI elements, and I need to create either a replacement for the still image of the tutorial by temporary removing ui elements from the title screen and screenshot it or I make a different tutorial page. I know most people will glance over the tutorial at best and the background of it isn't too important but I'm trying to keep it as close to the original as possible and the current thing I made looks ugly I find.
tutorial.jpg
Sadly the text is directly on the image so I tried covering it up. I won't be using this for sure. Anyways I might finish tonight if not any later than 2 days from now. I hope my translation works alright with the android version but no guarantees.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I'm thinking about updating the title logo to say "Busty Highschool Student Teaches Small-Time Compensated Dating" or "Busty Highschool Student Teaches Pint-Sized Compensated Dating" as the translation on the logo and some of the text lines in the game is inaccurate when covering the fact that she's not talking about how it's inexpensive but rather how she doesn't offer full service aka vaginal sex. I considered using "Busty Highschool Student Teaches Partial Compensated Dating" but it doesn't seem cute enough to use as slang for a sexual service. What do you guys think? Also feel free to mention any inaccuracies in my translation. A bit of knowledge can go a long ways and I'm more than willing to admit I'm very ignorant when it comes to the Japanese language and its culture.

May 15, 2017
View attachment 169544
View attachment 169545
View attachment 169546
Hey forbidden, great work, school love has and is always top teir quality.

I'm actually really intrested in how you did the translation (locating the parts to translate and executing translation)
I was actually thinking of translating this game as a learning project, to learn a bit of programming. I got stuck eventaly,

but my idea was to scan the HTML file for non UTF 8 forming (or i forgot the correct one) i.e. it will only pick up japanese characters not a-b 1-9, (!^@#! characters. Then build a string, pass said string to translation and replace/ build new html file. So a program that would scan the html file until it found start of japanese text, translate but most importantly leave the rest of the html file intact.

Just wondering how you went about it.

Cheers and thanks.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey forbidden, great work, school love has and is always top teir quality.

I'm actually really intrested in how you did the translation (locating the parts to translate and executing translation)
I was actually thinking of translating this game as a learning project, to learn a bit of programming. I got stuck eventaly,

but my idea was to scan the HTML file for non UTF 8 forming (or i forgot the correct one) i.e. it will only pick up japanese characters not a-b 1-9, (!^@#! characters. Then build a string, pass said string to translation and replace/ build new html file. So a program that would scan the html file until it found start of japanese text, translate but most importantly leave the rest of the html file intact.

Just wondering how you went about it.

Cheers and thanks.
I just examined the files using notepad++ and came across the scenario.json which has all the dialogue stuff in it. So I used a combination of google translate, jisho, googled some japanese slang that didn't translate well like chupa for a sucking noise or hiku hiku for a twitching sensation. If you want a quality translation you will ultimately have to get hands on with it as machine translations give you a general idea whats going on but they butcher it in the process giving you english literal translations of japanese and english people don't speak like that at all. I think whats important is not to try to translate it word for word because certain things like my mistake in the title Busty Petite yadayada is slightly wrong in the way it conveys meaning. The way petite is being used is like scaled down or partial. I'm thinking of just reworking the title and translating it as Busty Highschool Student Teaches Pint-Sized Compensated Dating as I don't want the meaning to be obvious but still within vague understanding because the story explains what pint-sized compensated dating is or otherwise known as puchi enjo kosai.

As for the UI stuff I dug through the main code part of the game searching specific japanese characters to find what I wanted to translate. I'd say the most annoying part was getting the spacing right as I wasn't about to rework the code when I could just alter it slightly so it works. This was a small game and it took me 3 days to translate it. I probably spent a total of 10 hours at least doing it but thats mostly because I was always needing to search things up, fiddling around with spacing so it looks right, and learning how to use photoshop so I could make a logo that didn't suck balls while keeping a similar look to the original. If your game you plan on translating isn't encrypted and it's just a html5 game it should be easy to translate. If it's something like a swf game like something else I'm working on it gets more complicated, and then the absolute worst is executables which I have no idea how to translate as I don't have the skill to dissemble an executable, modify it's assembly, and then recompile it. I think the most important part of translating is patience though because there are some translations you get from google that will make you want to shoot your brains out when you read them. One of the translations I got had goblins in it and I have NO IDEA WHY IT HAD GOBLINS.
31.jpg
I suggest starting with a small game if you are planning on translating anything like what I did otherwise you will be translating for a lot longer than 3 days unless your fluent in japanese. Looking forward to whatever you translate. :eazyHype:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I'm almost ready to release version 1.1 of my translation. I might change the title again for consistency to the script but other than that and cleaning up the apk so it works nicely my translation will be complete. I've been running some tests with the apk version and while I did get it to work it's not as good as I want it to be tbh. Text doesn't fit properly in the dialogue at times and the game itself doesn't fill the screen so I ran some comparisons with the original apk and it turns out it has the same problem with the screen so I'm going to try to rebuild it in cordova which was used for the mobile framework. Here's a bit of a teaser of my progress though.
Screenshot_20181103-170012.png

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I managed to rebuild it using cordova (really difficult when you didn't even realize it existed until like 2 days ago) and make it go full screen but there's still some bugs like the background music not play at all for whatever reason and when the game is loading is has this weird scrolling issue I've been trying to fix though that was also in the original but it's a relatively minor bug considering you only see the loading screen once when you start up the game. Despite that, it still annoys the hell out of me. Hopefully I can figure this out.

In the mean time I've released version 1.1 for windows. Enjoy!

Reactions: Orhanfake27

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I'm going to consider this complete since there's not much more I can do with it other than fix a minor sound bug and I have no idea how to do that. The infinite scrolling on the loading is fixed at least. If anyone wants to continue working on it though here's the stuff I made with cordova.

If you want to build the ios app you can provided you have xcode and ios sdk. You will either need a mac or a virtual mac to do so.

May 15, 2017
I just examined the files using notepad++ and came across the scenario.json which has all the dialogue stuff in it. So I used a combination of google translate, jisho, googled some japanese slang that didn't translate well like chupa for a sucking noise or hiku hiku for a twitching sensation. If you want a quality translation you will ultimately have to get hands on with it as machine translations give you a general idea whats going on but they butcher it in the process giving you english literal translations of japanese and english people don't speak like that at all. I think whats important is not to try to translate it word for word because certain things like my mistake in the title Busty Petite yadayada is slightly wrong in the way it conveys meaning. The way petite is being used is like scaled down or partial. I'm thinking of just reworking the title and translating it as Busty Highschool Student Teaches Pint-Sized Compensated Dating as I don't want the meaning to be obvious but still within vague understanding because the story explains what pint-sized compensated dating is or otherwise known as puchi enjo kosai.

As for the UI stuff I dug through the main code part of the game searching specific japanese characters to find what I wanted to translate. I'd say the most annoying part was getting the spacing right as I wasn't about to rework the code when I could just alter it slightly so it works. This was a small game and it took me 3 days to translate it. I probably spent a total of 10 hours at least doing it but thats mostly because I was always needing to search things up, fiddling around with spacing so it looks right, and learning how to use photoshop so I could make a logo that didn't suck balls while keeping a similar look to the original. If your game you plan on translating isn't encrypted and it's just a html5 game it should be easy to translate. If it's something like a swf game like something else I'm working on it gets more complicated, and then the absolute worst is executables which I have no idea how to translate as I don't have the skill to dissemble an executable, modify it's assembly, and then recompile it. I think the most important part of translating is patience though because there are some translations you get from google that will make you want to shoot your brains out when you read them. One of the translations I got had goblins in it and I have NO IDEA WHY IT HAD GOBLINS.
View attachment 171816
I suggest starting with a small game if you are planning on translating anything like what I did otherwise you will be translating for a lot longer than 3 days unless your fluent in japanese. Looking forward to whatever you translate. :eazyHype:
Hey thanks for taking your time to reply! I see you are passionate for translating :)

I also found the scenario.json file which like you said, is much easier than translating for exe etc.

I was actually wondering did you manually go through to find the Japanese characters amongst the actually json / html tags, copy the Japanese sentence, translate, then manual paste back into the .json file?

I was actually intending to write/find a way to automatically find only the japanese characters to translate. I found when you paste the entire json text into google translate, the spacing or something screws up the code, hence the reason why you need to know how to carefully extract and insert the translation.

Or if you manually did it kudos to you, I would too if I had a passion or tallent for translating, it would be worth it then.

Anyways I think automating translation for any html games could be a neat summertime project, even with machine translation there are lots of good games that would be fun to play with some concept of english . though I agree with you, language is an art and requires thought and effort to make sense and natural.

Have a look at the game 'Troll Busters' really greatly animated pixel graphics, html files which is why I originally wanted to translate it. If I do get round to it (who has time these days :frown:) i'll post it here to share.

Good taste in manga btw, Goblin slayer is probably the only thing i read and look forward to nowadays.