Ren'Py Winter Wolves' titles fail to start when launched via JoiPlay.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
https://f95zone.to/search/177110782/?q=Winter+wolves&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

I downloaded most of their stuff yesterday. The only ones I skipped were:

At Your Feet (not into foot stuff)
Tales of Aravorn: Cursed Lands (not Ren'py)

I extracted them as I normally do and only three will launch:

Summer In Trigue
Tales From the Under-realm: Hazel
Volleyball Heaven

The remaining titles all show this in the log.txt:

JavaException: Class not found 'org/renpy/iap/Store'

Except for ToA: Seasons of the Wolf and Planet Stronghold, which shows this:

ImportError: No module named md5

And Queen of Thieves showing multiple indent errors.

Below are three log files showing the different errors. The first is from ToA:SotW, the second Planet Stronghold and the third from Queen of Thieves.

• Haha
Reactions: Wizardas

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Those games are a bit old and using md5 module which has been deprecated from python 3+.

On windows the game works probably because it runs using python 2.7, but Joiplay might be forcing the game to run on python 3 which then breaks it.

Either you find a way to run your game using an older version of python or you will have to change the game import from md5 to hashlib.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Those games are a bit old and using md5 module which has been deprecated from python 3+.

On windows the game works probably because it runs using python 2.7, but Joiplay might be forcing the game to run on python 3 which then breaks it.

Either you find a way to run your game using an older version of python or you will have to change the game import from md5 to hashlib.
Darn. I'll try using an older version of Joiplay as the newest one recently removed the option to use a legacy version of ren'py for older titles. Thanks.

Edit: Nope. Using legacy versions didn't help. A shame, really. I enjoyed Summer in Trigue and Volleyball Heaven. Was hoping to play the others.

Last edited: