Winrar files

chucky131

Jul 1, 2019
I have a problem opening some winrar files but others are fine. I have downloaded several games and when I try to open them is always says it is corrupted or missing files but everyone else that has downloaded the games say that they didnt have any problems. I have tried all of the links with and it's the same problem. I can also download other games and have no problems at all opening them. For example the game the community I can open the game file but not the bug fix file.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Did you update Winrar? A new compression algorithm has been created, old versions cannot read it. Also try 7-zip.

Alternatively you may have network issues and your downloads are actually corrupted.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

free, works on rar files, even when winrar fails

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
7zip is good but I prefer Bandizip. I've been using it for years without a single problem. It is also pretty fast

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
7zip is good but I prefer Bandizip. I've been using it for years without a single problem. It is also pretty fast
Targeted advertising doesn't work, if you don't let advertisers know what your interest are. Thanks for your participation.

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Targeted advertising doesn't work, if you don't let advertisers know what your interest are. Thanks for your participation.
I wish they were paying me for advertising... :LOL:
By the way that is very bad news... version 6 was 100% ad-free but it seems things are going to change. If ads are going to be a nuisance then I will probably switch back to 7-zip

Neko Chan

Oct 14, 2017
IDK if this helps but some sites separate the game into several parts to deal with max sizes for the file hosting sites that they upload to. If the file has a Part on the end the game may be other file parts of the game you have to download before you can extract it completely =.= (Also, extract from Part1)