winrar archive patch files

Freed44

Oct 2, 2020
Opening/extracting patch files with Winrar -

Im a bit helpless when it comes to trying to solve file issues and lately ever since I updated windows 10 a couple months ago I've been having constant problems and am still currently unable to extract the majority of varying game's patch files and even a few Walkthrough/Gallery/Cheat mods using Winrar so I tried using Bandizip as well as 7zip (while both new to me they have similar layouts to each other) because for the longest time Winrar has done just fine until recently giving me the message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" repeatedly. So its leading me to believe the issue lies with my computer and not the applications, unfortunately I'm clueless where to look to solve it. If anyone recognizes this problem and you may be able to help me with please help me out!
A bit late late but close enough Happy New Year! good luck surviving anything this following year haha.

Last edited:

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Ello, happy new year.

Most people, I think, use 7zip. The inbuilt compression software on a windows system leaves a lot to be desired. Persevere with 7Zip, using it will solve a lot of 'broken zip file' issues.

If you are getting a lot of damaged downloaded files it *could* be your antivirus software interfering with them or you could have underlying hardware issues. A quick disk check might be a good first option. Open your file explorer, right click on your system drive, usually labelled as Windows (C: ), and select Properties. Go to the Tools tab on the properties dialog that opens and click the Check button. Just let it do its thing and see if the problems persist. Let us know the outcome of the scan ;)